SC- 1st Gen (1992-2000)

factory amp

Search this Thread

Old 08-24-11, 09:26 AM
Arkansas
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default factory amp

New to the sc400 crowd and needing help.

My factory nakamisihi amp is fried. What was the power output on the factory amp an
d can i install an aftermarket into its location using factory hardware?

Thanks guys and gals
Old 08-24-11, 10:23 AM
cmh
Lexus Test Driver

the factory amp is 200 watts i believe... and no u can not replace it with an aftermarket one... maybe if u rig the crap out of it but from my knowledge it can not be done... factory amps are cheap though i have one laying around i can sell to u.
Old 08-24-11, 10:34 AM
Vampire222
Driver School Candidate

Are you sure it's the amp and not the speakers?
Old 08-24-11, 10:35 AM
Arkansas
Pole Position

Darn. Was hoping to do a total alpine system in mine. May have to have the custom shop around my parts to check if they could work their magic and somehow get a 500w Alpine wired to all my factory speakers. But may have to go with ur factory one.
Old 08-24-11, 10:37 AM
Arkansas
Pole Position

The speakers have zero sound come from them.....except when i hit buttons on the factory car phone. So i know at least one of the speakers works so its gotta be the amp
Old 08-24-11, 10:39 AM
cmh
Lexus Test Driver

^^^^^i dnt think the speakers would fry to the point where no sound is coming out... an easy way to test that is...

in the back where it connects to the amp there is a plug with cables twisted together... splice the first two , bottom and top. every two cables that are twisted together equal one speaker... get a AA battery and connect one cable to each side of the battery. if u hear a popping sound the speaker is not "fried".

hope that helps
Old 08-24-11, 10:42 AM
cmh
Lexus Test Driver

i also suggest doing the aftermarket setup urself it is not hard. well its not hard if u are going to put in an aftermarket radio too... otherwise i will have to explain to u how to do it without one... let me know
Old 08-24-11, 10:52 AM
Arkansas
Pole Position

The shop i plan on getting everything from knows how to do all the wiring. I'm not an electrical or mechcanical guy, but i can do my own body work and paint jobs. If i had the tools and shop that is lol. I may start dabbling in interior work on it too like the headliner and door panels since i can do the in my apartments spare bedroom

Last edited by Arkansas; 08-24-11 at 10:53 AM. Reason: doing all this posting from a phone sucks
Old 08-24-11, 10:57 AM
cmh
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by Arkansas
The shop i plan on getting everything from knows how to do all the wiring. I'm not an electrical or mechcanical guy, but i can do my own body work and paint jobs. If i had the tools and shop that is lol. I may start dabbling in interior work on it too like the headliner and door panels since i can do the in my apartments spare bedroom
too bad ur far... lol.. id trade u labor for labor... lol.. i dont know how to do body work but i can sure as hell install a bad *** system, hids, etc.

well good luck. let me know if u need any verbal help finding out what wire is what. or if ur wiring guy cant figure it out.. lol
Old 08-24-11, 10:58 AM
Teal Sc400
Pole Position

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Sc stock speakers are cheaply made, most likely they are blown and the amp is fine do a test.
Front DIY steps https://www.clublexus.com/forums/lex...sc3-400-a.html
Rear DIY steps Post 2 http://us.lexusownersclub.com/forums...howtopic=65329
Old 08-24-11, 11:04 AM
Arkansas
Pole Position

The shop i go to is called 4N Motorsports and i figure if they can rewire a Silvia...they can redo my sound system. My Lexus doesn't just have radio problems...needs an a/c compressor and trying to figure out why it won't run right in hot weather....but that's for a different thread lol
Old 08-24-11, 11:20 AM
cmh
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by Arkansas
The shop i go to is called 4N Motorsports and i figure if they can rewire a Silvia...they can redo my sound system. My Lexus doesn't just have radio problems...needs an a/c compressor and trying to figure out why it won't run right in hot weather....but that's for a different thread lol
hey its ur thread... im sure ull get different answers if u start a new thread but, what do u mean it wont run right in hot weather? explain lol
Old 08-24-11, 11:27 AM
Arkansas
Pole Position

the motor idles at 1500rpm and tries to die when u press on the gas. me and my buddy think its a vacuum hose issue. but not sure since weve never had this happen on any vehicle weve owned or that hes worked on. and its only in the hot weather so we originally thought o2 sensors or a fuel issue
Old 08-24-11, 11:44 AM
cmh
Lexus Test Driver

could be a variety of things... pressing the gas and it wanting to die could be a coil pack... just letting u know there are a lot of threads on hesitation u can read up on.. check vacuum lines and change ur coil packs. idling can be a number of things too.. one of my cars had that and it was the butterfly thing in the intake that opens wen u press the gas... i used brake cleaner on a rag and cleaned up the inside of the throttle body and it went away. (th butterfly thing wouldnt close completely because of gunk so i idled high)
Old 08-24-11, 11:57 AM
Arkansas
Pole Position

its only during hot weather though. its in the upper 70s low 80s right now and runs fine....now in the 90s and 100s is when i get the problem. weve got a little seafoam in the gas tank right now and gonna run some in the oil when i get ready to change it. wish i had a good mechanic that worked on imports in this small town i live in...but no....they mainly work on fords and chevys

Quick Reply: factory amp