SC- 1st Gen (1992-2000)

Suprus's 1JZ swap thread

Search this Thread

Old 04-20-12, 05:54 AM
1JZPWRD
1JZ Single SC400

Received 15 Likes on 12 Posts

You can run the Isuzu timing belt by Gates. Thats what I used. Worked like a champ.
Old 04-20-12, 06:29 AM
99SC42
gte & na-t

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by megamax
so what kind of accesory belt are you gonna use?? i hear you can run a isuzu??
the accessory belt is the serpentine belt and it's the same between the 2jz/1jz.

the timing belt is different between the 2 engines, 1jz is shorter. You can get them from ebay on driftmotion.
Old 04-30-12, 02:37 PM
suprus
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yo Yo Yo,

Whats up everyone long time no update huh? Sorry about that. I've been working my *** off so I haven't had a whole lot of time for much else. But, I have made some progress so I suppose I shall share. I finished the whole painting process that I took my sweet *** time with, and I gotta say it came out perfect. Wasn't easy and my patience ran very thin sometimes because I don't like watching paint dry, but I couldn't be happier. I was able to acquire the rest of the parts that I was missing and start putting the motor back together. And so far that's about it. I've taken soooo long to finish cleaning and painting everything I kinda forgot how some stuff goes back together or what bolts go to what so I'm trying to be careful not to screw it up. MAYBE IF I HAD SOME HELP *COUGH COUGH* ARBALIST, I would be further along right now. But its all good you don't really learn till you screw something up anyway right. So blah blah blah check it out:

Here's the painted valve covers with no clear coat and intake mani stripped.

Intake mani with a couple coats of paint no gloss. And yes I painted it attached to the motor but I did an extensive masking job so it turned out okay.

Couple coats of gloss

Wet sanded then polished to a mirror finish

Stock twin piping

New oil pump

And here is some of the remaining parts I needed:

Horsepower Freaks full face feramic clutch

SOrry for the fuzzy pictures on a couple of them. Its hard to tell if they came out clear or not before I get them on to my computer. But I think that is about all for now even though I feel like I'm forgetting something... Oh well if I remember I will be sure to post. Later!
Old 04-30-12, 03:50 PM
99SC42
gte & na-t

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Everything looks great ! I like the color . Keep it Clean !
Old 04-30-12, 05:25 PM
DoomLight
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Looks good. A buddy of mine makes 1jz front covers out of fiberglass or carbon Kevlar. PM me if i want to get one.
Old 04-30-12, 07:18 PM
suprus
Driver

Originally Posted by DoomLight
Looks good. A buddy of mine makes 1jz front covers out of fiberglass or carbon Kevlar. PM me if i want to get one.
Ya Ive been debating about what Im going to do about that. The one the motor came with is busted and makes the rest look like crap. I may just get some black cam gears and run no cover. But I dont really want to do that either. Do you know what kinda price hes asking?
Old 04-30-12, 11:27 PM
DoomLight
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by suprus
Ya Ive been debating about what Im going to do about that. The one the motor came with is busted and makes the rest look like crap. I may just get some black cam gears and run no cover. But I dont really want to do that either. Do you know what kinda price hes asking?
i will find out for you and ask. i can do that for ya at the very least.
Old 05-01-12, 08:04 AM
SClean93
Driver

Im also interested

@suprus: I'm in about the same place in my build I was just trying to avoid any painting on the engine but after seeing yours I may go do that. Have u finished your harness and what are you doin for a throttle cable?
Old 05-01-12, 08:18 AM
DoomLight
Lexus Champion

yeah your valve covers came out good! i actually want to just keep mine polished. i want to do that to my intake manifold. but im lazy so i prolly wont do anything to it lol.

Last edited by DoomLight; 05-01-12 at 08:59 AM.
Old 05-01-12, 02:34 PM
suprus
Driver

Originally Posted by SClean93
Im also interested

@suprus: I'm in about the same place in my build I was just trying to avoid any painting on the engine but after seeing yours I may go do that. Have u finished your harness and what are you doin for a throttle cable?
Awesome bro its exciting right? I cant waiiittttt. But ya the painting process that I had to do was a long one. It was a lot of trial and error since it was my first time. The sanding and prep work was extensive and I dont even know how it is going to hold up in the long run yet. I used all high temp primer, paint, and clear coat so it should be okay but I guess we shall see.. If you decide to do that I can guide you along if you want. Honestly though if I was going to do it over again I would just have all the parts sandblasted then powdercoated. So simple. But I guess it depends on what you want the end product to like like and if you want to spend any money. Im broke most of the time so I decided to everything myself, but I ended up spending a good amount of money on sanding discs and paint and stuff anyway and it ended up taking weeks to finish.

As for the harness I dont know yet. I havent crossed that bridge yet and I'm still trying to come up with a better solution than cutting all the wires and soldering in new ones. Just not my style. Ill let you know if I figure out something brilliant (wouldnt count on it).

And I just bought a supra throttle cable from Toyota
Old 05-01-12, 02:37 PM
suprus
Driver

Thanks bud I appreciated that! Those things are gorgeous.. It would sure be a nice edition to my engine bay.
Old 05-01-12, 03:35 PM
DoomLight
Lexus Champion

awesome! good build! can't wait to see the motor 100 complete and in a car
Old 05-03-12, 05:32 AM
SClean93
Driver

Originally Posted by suprus
Awesome bro its exciting right? I cant waiiittttt. But ya the painting process that I had to do was a long one. It was a lot of trial and error since it was my first time. The sanding and prep work was extensive and I dont even know how it is going to hold up in the long run yet. I used all high temp primer, paint, and clear coat so it should be okay but I guess we shall see.. If you decide to do that I can guide you along if you want. Honestly though if I was going to do it over again I would just have all the parts sandblasted then powdercoated. So simple. But I guess it depends on what you want the end product to like like and if you want to spend any money. Im broke most of the time so I decided to everything myself, but I ended up spending a good amount of money on sanding discs and paint and stuff anyway and it ended up taking weeks to finish.

As for the harness I dont know yet. I havent crossed that bridge yet and I'm still trying to come up with a better solution than cutting all the wires and soldering in new ones. Just not my style. Ill let you know if I figure out something brilliant (wouldnt count on it).

And I just bought a supra throttle cable from Toyota
I can agree on how long these details take and how broke we are. I've done all the extended wiring,maintance and engine bay cleaning and painting. I just don't know where to draw the line between detailing the engine and putting this thing in and goin to the track..it's not a show car but I would like it to be as attractive as the cars I see on this site...I don't know what to do
Old 05-03-12, 01:16 PM
megamax
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

awesome results on the paint. i approve
Old 05-07-12, 10:41 PM
BenReese
Driver School Candidate

Good stuff!

Quick Reply: Suprus's 1JZ swap thread