SC- 1st Gen (1992-2000)

Our Cars...Are they still cool?

Search this Thread

Old 07-01-11, 09:32 AM
suislide
Lexus Test Driver

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by BigBang
Clearly your friend doesn't know ****. Actually he shouldn't even be your friend if he's dis'in your car.
He's just another person joined by countless people that envy the SC. It's half and half from my experience. You'll have haters but you'll have many more admirers of the SC. Mine makes me happy and in comparison to a. 350z which is newer....The SC has aged very well while the Z looks "old". Which is sad because a well maintained Z32 300zx will always look sportier and perhaps exotic than a 350z that's shaped after a sitting frog.
Old 07-01-11, 09:49 AM
O. L. T.
Keeper of the light

Received 335 Likes on 221 Posts

Originally Posted by sc300jz
He doesn't hate the SC if he did why would he have one, bashed? More like speaking the truth.

Whats the your guys definition of "cool" anyways. Hip? Up to date? Certainly the SC isn't really any of that. Its more of a "nice" car than cool its sleek design, and how classy it looks.

IMO i dont think any car is "cool" hell i dont even know people who still use the word "cool"

People wave/ thumb up me when I am driving.
This guy knows.
Old 07-01-11, 10:00 AM
mr2tosc4
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

[QUOTE=suislide;6504031... than a 350z that's shaped after a sitting frog.[/QUOTE]

LOL I never thought about that, but yeah it does look like a sitting frog
Old 07-01-11, 11:29 AM
scviolence
Lexus Champion

where the hell is the OP lol....
Old 07-01-11, 11:34 AM
scviolence
Lexus Champion

in 1992 the sc was the LFA.....
Old 07-01-11, 11:36 AM
Kohinoor
Lexus Test Driver

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

cool? not really. practical and awesome? for sure.
Old 07-01-11, 12:00 PM
Kira X
美少女戦士セーラームーン

Received 409 Likes on 337 Posts
Smile

Originally Posted by BigBang
Clearly your friend doesn't know ****. Actually he shouldn't even be your friend if he's dis'in your car.
Yeah, that's a good point. He's always saying that the SC300 and LS430 aren't real cars because they aren't boosted. It doesn't make a lot of sense and it sounds stupid. A bone stock Impreza with no turbo is pretty much in the same class as my old 120 horsepower four cylinder Saturn.

Originally Posted by suislide
He's just another person joined by countless people that envy the SC. It's half and half from my experience. You'll have haters but you'll have many more admirers of the SC. Mine makes me happy and in comparison to a. 350z which is newer....The SC has aged very well while the Z looks "old". Which is sad because a well maintained Z32 300zx will always look sportier and perhaps exotic than a 350z that's shaped after a sitting frog.
A lot of people do envy the SC. Even I envy most of the SC's on here. Usually the haters are mad because they either don't have a car or the car that they do have is a piece of junk.

I've always had mixed feeling about the 350z. I wouldn't mind owning one, but at the same time it does remind of a fat frog. The Z32 300zx was so much better in my opinion. The Z32 is one of my favorite cars of all time.
Old 07-01-11, 12:01 PM
MrHimbert
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Vadim540i
I used to drive SC, in fact I had 2 of them. When I didn't have money, I used to think that SC is so cool and all... But reality is, they're outdated in looks, handling, interior, etc. They were cool, and are cool for some but for general population, it is old car. It's a fact. Most people who buy SCs, are buying them because they're very cheap nowadays, and they can't afford modern sportscar. Note I said, most people; I do understand that some people spent more money on their SC than they would on modern sports/gt car. In the end, to each their own. I drive 350Z now, and never look back.
Ha cant afford modern sports cars? You are ignorant. Did you ever stop to think that maybe we like these cars for its old school appeal? Or maybe we are smart and would rather let others take. 50k hit on the price.

I own an sc and a 350z. What now? 350z will not be anywhere near the sc when it turns 20 years old and hits 200 k. Old school japanese cars are so much better imho as far as reliabilty goes. New cars are cool but stupid to blow 50 k or whatever and then 5 years later your struggling to sell it for 18 k. Whats your definition of " adffording a new sports car"?
Old 07-01-11, 12:04 PM
MrHimbert
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Sorry im typing on my phone at work haha
Old 07-01-11, 12:26 PM
abounly
Lexus Champion

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

I surely can't afford any higher sport car. If i had 15k to spend i would definitely go with a STi. Any higher maybe a nsx

But for 5k to get a sc300 why not its the best out there for 5k
Old 07-01-11, 12:26 PM
Cleanshots
Lexus Champion

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

sc's look better than any cars i see being produced these days. some of the cars i see are disgusting! what were they thinking? i love my sc. only thing i think about is what we r gonna do in a couple of years.. parts are already hard to come by.. i wanna start making molds of all interior parts so i can produce more parts..
Old 07-01-11, 12:45 PM
FatBrian81
Lead Lap

Received 22 Likes on 20 Posts

I really don't care if anybody else thinks its cool, I like it. I'm going to rock it and if anyone else gets it great, but if not thats fine, I probably don't like their car either.
Old 07-01-11, 02:49 PM
justinsane
Driver School Candidate

If it makes you feel any better, the younger kids nowadays think that its cool to wear skinny jeans and listen to music like simple plan or my chemical romance or some garbage like that. So its no doubt that they dont appreciate what a well built car is all about.
Old 07-01-11, 02:56 PM
Ice350
Lexus Fanatic

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by bdelong36
My friends and family have started to razz me for driving a 13 year old car. They are not overly impressed that it is a 98+ SC400 with VVTi . I keep the original window sticker handy to show them that back in the day the car cost over $58k!

I tell them the car was so far ahead of its time that compared with other cars it is barely used!

So what snappy come backs do you use when someone asks you why you are driving an older car?

Mainly I want to tell them to eat V-8 dust but that would not be overly mature….
Yes, it is still a cool car. At least the nicely modded ones are. I wouldn't give a crap what anyone says.
Old 07-01-11, 03:31 PM
bdelong36
Rookie

OP Here

You guys lifted me back up

Got my baby all waxed up, fresh oil in the crankcase and a tank full of hi-test

Going to the coast tomorrow and driving early so i can hall A**

Will be sitting in the lap of luxury with the V-8 wailing and grinning like a fool

Like you say, if they dont like it they can....

Long Live the King!

Quick Reply: Our Cars...Are they still cool?