Old 06-30-11, 11:18 PM
Joey-E
Lead Lap

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by MIGS
1. No car payments.
2. Its reliable.
3. I like it a lot
4. You prolly dont know much about cars..
5. So go Fyukk off.
This!

Originally Posted by 97-SC300
... I could care less what anyone thinks about my SC or SCs in general. It really doesn't even cross my mind. The only thing that matters is that YOU like the car.... that's why we keep these cars, that's why we maintain them, modify them, make them nicer.... is because WE care. Fk everyone else HAHA.
And this! LOL
Old 07-01-11, 12:23 AM
V8drummer
Intermediate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

weird... I only get complements on my car.
Old 07-01-11, 12:24 AM
suislide
Lexus Test Driver

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I always get compliments from strangers from all ages. Most, if not all, think its a 2000+ vehicle and are shocked when they find out its real age. I say ur friends and family are a bit envious. I know that my rbother who drives a new accord is
Old 07-01-11, 12:33 AM
Vadim540i
Lexus Test Driver

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

I used to drive SC, in fact I had 2 of them. When I didn't have money, I used to think that SC is so cool and all... But reality is, they're outdated in looks, handling, interior, etc. They were cool, and are cool for some but for general population, it is old car. It's a fact. Most people who buy SCs, are buying them because they're very cheap nowadays, and they can't afford modern sportscar. Note I said, most people; I do understand that some people spent more money on their SC than they would on modern sports/gt car. In the end, to each their own. I drive 350Z now, and never look back.
Old 07-01-11, 12:35 AM
abounly
Lexus Champion

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by 1WILLY1
Interesting, I never knew you hated the sc so much.

Sc not cooler then a ford fiesta? Wood grain isnt cool anymore? Would you rather carbon fibre?that stuff belongs on modified hondas and neons not on luxury cars.

Ive had my sc for almost two years and ive made no changes to power steering or any gauges , shocks ro anything.

I guess what it comes down to is your definition of cool as opposed to others versions.

To say the sc is not even remotely close to cool speaks volumes on your taste of cars.

To compare it to a ford fiesta is flat out ridiculous.

You really bashed the Sc here i would be very uinterested in hearing some of the cars that you think are more worthy of being called 'cool'.
He doesn't hate the SC if he did why would he have one, bashed? More like speaking the truth.

Whats the your guys definition of "cool" anyways. Hip? Up to date? Certainly the SC isn't really any of that. Its more of a "nice" car than cool its sleek design, and how classy it looks.

IMO i dont think any car is "cool" hell i dont even know people who still use the word "cool"

People wave/ thumb up me when I am driving.
Old 07-01-11, 12:51 AM
johngoldsc
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sc kik *** man they always stand out
Old 07-01-11, 02:17 AM
scENFORCER
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by uras300
If they're not convinced, line up similar sized door coupe, say a mid 90's mustang and open both car's door and have them marvel at SC's over-engineered hinges. Show them how the door swings in a curve, rather than pivoting like mustang's to pull the front edge of the door inward, drawing the door tighter against body frame to eliminate required space to open long door. Finally, tell them it is only second to modern Aston Martin's hinge design.
I'm gonna go jerk off to my door hinges tmrw morning..
Old 07-01-11, 03:39 AM
bleedspeed
Lead Lap

^^ disturbing! lol really didnt need that mental image. i was yacking about my sc and my friend said ha in a few years that thing will be a piece of junk. i didnt even bother to attempt to explain to him the history behind this car. i just said in a few years this car will be twice a sick as it already is... and then i said and where is your lexus? oh oh you dont have one and you dont even have a car so ****. jealousy is poison. i used to envy rich guys riding around in their new g35's and 350's now when i compare the body style in my opinion the sc wins on every corner. lets see how the 350z interior looks in 20 years. and if it purs at idle with over 200k on the odo. they are just envious my friend.
Old 07-01-11, 04:08 AM
JDMmuscle
Lexus Champion

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by broda805
90% of cars back in 92 looked like *** in comparison to the sc..... lol
90% of cars look like *** now compared to the sc
Old 07-01-11, 07:13 AM
g-magoo
Pole Position

Originally Posted by Vadim540i
In the end, to each their own. I drive 350Z now, and never look back.
Id still much rather have my '93 SC over the common 350Z. I see far too many of these modern RWD sports cars and they lack any and all appeal to me. But like you said, to each their own.
Old 07-01-11, 07:26 AM
iridebmx
Lexus Test Driver

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by bdelong36
My friends and family have started to razz me for driving a 13 year old car. They are not overly impressed that it is a 98+ SC400 with VVTi . I keep the original window sticker handy to show them that back in the day the car cost over $58k!

I tell them the car was so far ahead of its time that compared with other cars it is barely used!

So what snappy come backs do you use when someone asks you why you are driving an older car?

Mainly I want to tell them to eat V-8 dust but that would not be overly mature….
(not relevant to thread)

are you related to marie and destiny delong? from your screen name
Old 07-01-11, 08:03 AM
Kira X
美少女戦士セーラームーン

Received 409 Likes on 337 Posts

I usually get compliments on my SC. When I drive around, I've seen people stick there heads out the window just to look at it. It attracts a lot more attention than any other car I've driven, with the exception of a MKIV Supra. When most people ask why I bought such an old car, I tell them to go outside and look at my car. It must be a cool car if I get this much attention.

However, I do have one friend that is ALWAYS hating on my SC and LS. He says I should sell the SC since it's "worthless" and get a "real" car that's comes with a turbo. He always says my wheels are too big, my windows are too dark, and that emblems look stupid on it. Considering he drives an imported Subaru WRX that couldn't touch my SC in looks or power, I'm not too worried about it. The thing that kills me is that he talks about how slow my cars are, but they're all faster than his.
Old 07-01-11, 08:35 AM
MikeSC
Driver School Candidate

My SC is 20 this fall! still sweet!!!!
Old 07-01-11, 08:42 AM
MikeSC
Driver School Candidate

My sc is 20 this fall! Still looking gooood!

Having trouble posting pic.
Old 07-01-11, 09:05 AM
BigBang
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by Kira X
I usually get compliments on my SC. When I drive around, I've seen people stick there heads out the window just to look at it. It attracts a lot more attention than any other car I've driven, with the exception of a MKIV Supra. When most people ask why I bought such an old car, I tell them to go outside and look at my car. It must be a cool car if I get this much attention.

However, I do have one friend that is ALWAYS hating on my SC and LS. He says I should sell the SC since it's "worthless" and get a "real" car that's comes with a turbo. He always says my wheels are too big, my windows are too dark, and that emblems look stupid on it. Considering he drives an imported Subaru WRX that couldn't touch my SC in looks or power, I'm not too worried about it. The thing that kills me is that he talks about how slow my cars are, but they're all faster than his.
Clearly your friend doesn't know ****. Actually he shouldn't even be your friend if he's dis'in your car.

Quick Reply: Our Cars...Are they still cool?