SC- 1st Gen (1992-2000)

Cluster needles rebuild?

Search this Thread

Old 06-16-11, 04:47 PM
Devor
Pit Crew

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry Cluster needles rebuild?

Hi guys Ive been looking but I cant find the thread about the needle rebuild if there is one? Any who I just replaced my back lightings on my cluster to "cool white" looks sooooooo much cleaner. However my needles are still burnt out =/ I was wondering if anyone knows how to repair them or I even heard people change out the "RED" in the needles for another color? Please let me know Its a pain to read my gas gauge and well all my needles for that matter. Thanks! I also have one more problem.. I swaped out all the old bulbs in the cluster for the new ones and in the same spot where the original bulbs were burnt out the same thing is happening to where I installed the new ones? could it be something wrong with the board it self?
Old 06-16-11, 05:01 PM
darren400
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Not sure if this is what your looking for but put it in the search box...

Low Cost DIY Solution for Burnt Out Needles
Old 06-16-11, 05:09 PM
iridebmx
Lexus Test Driver

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

leds have polarity. one side goes in one way behind the rpm than the other way on the other side (speedometer). just take the cluster back out and memorize which spots are "out and pull the led bulb and turn it around should fix it.

link to pic:

or are you just talking about hot spots... also I recommend lextech needles for $116 shipped to and from. As a matter of fact i just got my blue one in today and am fully satisfied with them although i cant drive! =(

hotspots:

also costumer service was great because i have a 94 and sent them different year needles that ended up not working and at no extra cost the guys at lextech switched the polarity and fully rebuilt them for free. great guys up there in Tennessee as far as im concerned

Last edited by iridebmx; 06-16-11 at 05:13 PM.