SC- 1st Gen (1992-2000)

What made you get an sc?

Old 05-05-11, 09:29 AM
MDSC
Lexus Champion

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by Quicksc4
I was a die hard Acura Guy i had about 15 Acura legends from 88 to 95 The last year of the Legend from coupes to sedans i had them all and yes couple of them had BHG . I always wanted a 95 LS coupe with 6 speed.

My last one was 95 LS Coupe Pearl White with Tan ,I wasn't looking for Legend when i found it and i could resist so i bought it from Hawaii from and the seller was in the navy so i didn't pay for shipping to mD.

1 month later i got Car jacked at gun point these ***holes took my car and went joy- riding for a week , they even went off roading with the coupe so one week later i got a call about the car and it was found.
Got the settlement check and didnt know what to buy for 6 month i looked at couple SCs and they were goping for $12k then i decided to buy a 1st gen GS had it for 1years i completely restored it and sold it.

This is what made me get an SC , i was looking around on the SC section and found a couple of pictures of Cherplex, Vntperformance, and Taimonkee SC pictures i was in love from that moment ... i tried looking for the pictures but i can't find it it's Two White SCs and one Black SC siting sidewayz.
That's what made me get an SCm, that's how i got in the SC game
Kinda same here, talked wife into buying a gen 1 GS, pretty much totally restored it, new paint, maintenance, lowered...etc. Car had 240+ k miles ran awesome. I needed a DD when i had my Camaro , didnt want to own 2 of the same cars decided to look for an sc, didnt care if it was auto. Looking through craigslist found a 5speed car belive it or not went and bought it the next day. I got the car home and after driving it for a while and comparing it to the GS quality wise i wasnt sold on the SC but stuck with it. I love the way teh sc looks and potential but i still much rather have a quality of the 1st/2nd gen GS mostly interior in gs dosent fall apart. I think it was about 2-3 years ago, wife coming home from the Gym got tboned crossing route 40 in frederick and wraped the gs around the pole, got insurance check and upgraded to 2Gs love it!
Old 05-05-11, 09:39 AM
lemaylexus
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Looks and proven reliability. Period.

That said, I'd probably buy a newer vehicle with lower miles if I was looking today. Mine had about 85k on it when I picked it up - 145k now.
Old 05-05-11, 09:45 AM
alfa spade
Driver School Candidate

it was love at first sight. I was at a red light in my moms blue geo metro going home. I was in 9th grade in 2000 and I saw this custom champagne sc with what looked like a vertex kit running down wilmington in compton,ca. i sounded so good cruinsin by. my mouth dropped. I always wanted a coupe with a long hood. sleek as a ****. but i didn't know what kind of car it was till about 5 years later. I eventually owned a infiniti Q45 biggest mistake ever! then i sold that to my buddies parents and got a rx7 2nd gen but i crashed it drifting, then i got a 240sx. but i wanted luxury and some actual power. i somehow ran across my car on some random website and finally found out it was a lex. this whole time i though it was some top end too rich for my pocket car. Sold my 92 240sx got a loan out and bought a 95 5spd. and i have been in love ever since.
Old 05-05-11, 10:00 AM
ashtray
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Well my brother first bought his SC400 before me, and I fell in love with its body, interior and all out reliability. Basically I fell in love with the car. I started searching since my dad gave me the go ahead to look for my first car. The BMW's I was looking at didnt cut it, or were to pricey, the Mercedes I looked at a CLK 430, no one in my family liked for me. Then one night, although I knew the SC300 5spd 97 was rare!, I looked on autotrader for shiz-giggles, and I found my beautiful DWP 97 5spd. I called the guy around 12 at night leaving a message to NOT sell it. He called me back the next day and we scheduled a meeting for the weekend. Next thing I know I'm trying my hardest to convince my dad and my mom just spitting facts about reliability and rareness as well as the immaculate condition of the car. Then, the NEXT thing I know, I'm driving her home.

edit: And before my SC, I had a hand-me-down Toyota Celica GT 1991 which was also a 5spd. been driving stick for some time come to think of it. 13-14ish.
Old 05-05-11, 10:43 AM
99SC42
gte & na-t

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Thanks guys keep them coming..

So we have alot of Dsm guys, my tuner is big dsm guy he has 692awhp Eclipse GSX i went to his house so we can street tune my car i walk in the garage and ask him "i don't never see you drive it" and he was like "i can't drive too far because of the trans".

I loved my 1Gen GS300 it had 205k mile when i bought it with original Timing belt and WP .The only Downside on the GS is the shifter bezel always cracks, water under the spare tire, upper control arms,stereo amplifier,broken cup holder so on ..... but you don't have to worry about door panels haha.
2Gen GS is also nice my DD is 2002 GS sport design has 216k miles i bought it maybe 4 years ago with low miles this is a maintenance free car yesterday i put it on the lift it for a quick check out it needs about $2k worth of parts.
Old 05-05-11, 11:23 AM
jadu
live.love.laugh.lexus

Received 88 Likes on 70 Posts

found a solid sc300 5 speed locally for pretty cheap. I had a mazda6 before this, but before that, had a 92 corolla and 82 celica 5 speed, but glad I found my way back to toyota
Old 05-05-11, 12:08 PM
Meanshyguy
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I was looking to get out of the Honda scene, I've owned Integras, Civics, Preludes, (I owned it for 6 years and just sold it.) My neighbor got this sick *** black SC completely dropped with some 18" 3k polished rims which have been discontinued since 92'. I remember just staring at that car all the time so I started to look for one and fix it my own way. I finally have it and I love it, so reliable and beautiful I can't think of any other car that's such a good bang for the buck.
Old 05-05-11, 12:30 PM
Taste
Driver

Had a 87 supra that was curse from head to toe with that 7mgte, seen some peeps on supraforums do the na-t swap for the 2jzge but couldnt find a motor..so figured since i want the motor anyways why dont i just buy the car..i mean its not as common as a honda or a 240, so i ended up selling my supra and buying a sc3 the same day i sold the supra....lol the guy i sold the supra to still doesnt have the car running correctly..fawk 7mgte
Old 05-05-11, 01:49 PM
hyjaxx
Pole Position

Blew up my 3rd gen rx7 one too many times. Thought I couldn't kill a 2j. I was right.
Old 05-05-11, 03:57 PM
MSBlade
Rookie

Originally Posted by MKIVS374
Cheaper than a MKIV.
+1 on this..lol and the SC is sexy when she is all dolled up right
Old 05-05-11, 04:04 PM
Kira X
美少女戦士セーラームーン

Received 408 Likes on 336 Posts

A friend of mine got a mint condition red 92 SC300 in high school a few years ago and I wanted one ever since then. The style of the SC blew me away at the time since I had never seen one before.

The SC's Gone Wild video made me serious about buying an SC. I had to have one after that. I couldn't believe how an old car like the SC could look cool.
Old 05-05-11, 06:14 PM
good2go
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by Quicksc4

What made you buy an SC?
Oh, that's easy, twas 'Beauty and the Beast'

(aka: the SC body and the 2JZ motor)

Old 05-05-11, 06:34 PM
FatBrian81
Lead Lap

Received 22 Likes on 20 Posts

I had always been into muscle cars and never really cared for Japanese cars because it seemed like every one was front wheel drive. Seven or eight years ago I came within and inch or two of buying a 70 Torino but it would have been our only car at the time and was too terrifying to drive without a full suspension rebuild. Around that same time I was at Wal-Mart late one night and saw a black two door with big fat rear tires sitting at the end of the lot. It had been debadged an I had no idea what it was but I rode by it a few times every time I saw it there. Finally I saw one on the road and figured out what it was but at the time the price was out of my budget. While I was waiting on sc prices to drop I bought a 4x4 Suburban so the sc wouldn't see any snow or ice duty. When I checked out sc prices earlier his year I saw that prices had dropped significantly so I jumped on one before the NADA started to reflect the lowered prices. From first sight I loved these cars, the rear wheel drive sportiness is irresistible. They're sexy and smooth and capable of crazy power, what more is there to ask ?
Old 05-05-11, 06:36 PM
97-SC300
Lexus Fanatic

Received 128 Likes on 107 Posts

Originally Posted by FatBrian81
I had always been into muscle cars and never really cared for Japanese cars because it seemed like every one was front wheel drive. Seven or eight years ago I came within and inch or two of buying a 70 Torino but it would have been our only car at the time and was too terrifying to drive without a full suspension rebuild. Around that same time I was at Wal-Mart late one night and saw a black two door with big fat rear tires sitting at the end of the lot. It had been debadged an I had no idea what it was but I rode by it a few times every time I saw it there. Finally I saw one on the road and figured out what it was but at the time the price was out of my budget. While I was waiting on sc prices to drop I bought a 4x4 Suburban so the sc wouldn't see any snow or ice duty. When I checked out sc prices earlier his year I saw that prices had dropped significantly so I jumped on one before the NADA started to reflect the lowered prices. From first sight I loved these cars, the rear wheel drive sportiness is irresistible. They're sexy and smooth and capable of crazy power, what more is there to ask ?
I agree with every single word here.
Old 05-05-11, 07:09 PM
Cleanshots
Lexus Champion

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

sleeker than an mk4 and cheaper. same thing basically. it rapes! and its hottt. i mean look at it! LOL

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: What made you get an sc?