sc400 specifications

Search this Thread

Old 09-02-02, 10:46 PM
AzNRR_12
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default sc400 specifications

sc400 specifications?
Hi peoplez, Im new to this forum so forgive me if i posted this in the wrong place. I am already a supra owner but am now considering to get a sc400. I am especially interested in the 1998 sc400 because i know that is the horsepower and body has changed. I think the horsepower is 290 and 300 torgue right. If not please tell me the correct specifications. I also want to the 0-60 for this car. I read in a magazine that the sc400 was 0-60 in a lito higher than 7 secs. I was surprise how could that be when the GS400 is 0-60 at 6 secs.
If anyone knows please tell me the 0-60 for this car and the quarter mile stock. thank u ppl in advance
Old 09-02-02, 11:03 PM
lex400sc
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

1998:

- New engine with continuously Variable Valve Timing with intelligence (VVT-i)
- Horsepower at rpm, 290 hp @ 6,000
- Torque at rpm, 300 lb-ft @ 4,000
- 0 - 60 mph acceleration 6.3 seconds
- 1/4-mile acceleration 14.7 seconds
- Top track speed 149 mph
- Fuel consumption 19/25 mpg city/highway
- Aerodynamic drag coefficient 0.32 (0.31 with optional rear spoiler)
- New five-speed Electronically Controlled Transmission with intelligence (ECT-i)
Old 09-02-02, 11:06 PM
sxylxy
Lead Lap

Does anyone have these same figures for a 1992 sc400, which i'm assuming are the same all the way up to 1998?
Old 09-02-02, 11:08 PM
lex400sc
Lexus Fanatic

- SC400 4.0-liter (242 cubic inches.), four-cam, 32-valve 90° V8
- Horsepower at rpm, 250 hp @ 5,600 rpm.
- Torque at rpm 260 lb-ft @ 4,400 rpm.
- 0-60 mph acceleration 6.9 seconds.
- 1/4-mile acceleration 15.3 seconds.
- Top track speed 150 mph.
- Fuel consumption 18/22 mpg City/Highway.
- Aerodynamic drag coefficient 0.32 ,0.31 with opt. rear spoiler
- 4-Speed automatic Electronically Controlled Transmission with intelligence (4ECT-i)

More here
Old 09-03-02, 03:25 AM
AzNRR_12
Driver School Candidate

Talking

thankz for the help
Old 09-03-02, 05:47 AM
'S'Low Rider
Driver

Wink

Wow, lots of information about the SC400 on that web site....
Now where have I seen that table before.......
Oh, I remember, the LSOC web site......
Why would I remember that......... maybe because I spent several hours putting it all together.......
What, not even a mention of the LSOC at the bottom of the page...
And now its all 'COPYRIGHT © 1999-2003 by RICHARD ****'
Ah well, thats the 'world wide web' for you......

What a 'wanger'.......

Rand

Last edited by 'S'Low Rider; 09-03-02 at 05:58 AM.
Old 09-03-02, 10:26 AM
Lvangundy

What is the difference between the same year of the LS an the SC considering they have same engine, that the SC gets a entire second faster 0-60 time?

Old 09-03-02, 01:48 PM
Legends6spd
Lexus Test Driver

physics my friend...

first and foremost.... just look at the size of that big crusing luxury sedan and you should notice that it weighs MORE than the SC.
and gear ratio also plays a role in the 0-60.
Old 09-03-02, 02:45 PM
Lex Luthor
Lexus Champion

Rand..... it's ok to say ****** ......
Old 09-03-02, 08:07 PM
lex400sc
Lexus Fanatic

Originally posted by 'S'Low Rider
Wow, lots of information about the SC400 on that web site....
Now where have I seen that table before.......
Oh, I remember, the LSOC web site......
Why would I remember that......... maybe because I spent several hours putting it all together.......
What, not even a mention of the LSOC at the bottom of the page...
And now its all 'COPYRIGHT © 1999-2003 by RICHARD ****'
Ah well, thats the 'world wide web' for you......

What a 'wanger'.......

Rand
I got all that info from a post way back when in the ClubLexus SC forums, not from LSOC or any other site. I posted it on my website for the sake of personal convenience so I wouldn't have to do a search every time to find the info. If you took notice, I did add a few details in there myself from the original, but never once did I claim credit for writing any of it. All the articles on my site that I hand wrote myself were signed as so, and if you bothered reading through my "copyright" notice, you'd see in Sections B and D that it is the responsibility of the orginal author to take credit for their own intellectual property. If you want me to remove that article, tell me so via email, if you want me to credit you, tell me so via email. I'm not a mindreader, nor do I spend countless days on the internet looking to see if some info I found belongs to someone else. As far as the copyright footer, it is present on every page on my site as legal protection both ways. What you need to learn is that copyright stamp doesn't mean it belongs to me or whatever name is attached to it. It means the user end agreement is appicable to that particular page. The namecalling was uneccessary, there are more mature ways to deal with your own frustrations, but lucky for you I'm very much indifferent to character attacks and low blows so do whatever works for you...

- Wanger
Old 09-03-02, 09:59 PM
'S'Low Rider
Driver

Talking

I'd go back to the original post where you 'copied' the information from.... its very easy to find if you do a search..... 92-2000 What are the changes?

It says quite clearly where it comes from......

You must have missed that bit....... rather careless of you, regarding someone elses work?

In truth, the pictures you added make it much more readable

But it would be correct if you made some acknowledgement of the LSOC regarding the article.

You're quite correct, the name calling was from frustration, and was immature. The pun on your name was a cheap shot and unworthy. Still wait until you find your work on someone elses web site.... who then proclaims to not know the original source, even though the LSOC is in your own 'links' page, and given credit on your photos page! By the way the LSOC is not an Australian web site.......

Lucky for you, I'm quite happy to overlook your carelessness, this time.
Old 09-03-02, 10:19 PM
lex400sc
Lexus Fanatic

I didn't copy the info from that thread because the thread I copied it from, I distinctly remember replying to. Something along the lines of "great info, this should be stickied!" or something. Regardless, I will credit LSOC, or you, or both, or remove it from my public domain if need be. I have visited LSOC before, read the FAQ and some of the fixes, but I haven't read the whole site and don't even think I'm registered in the forums yet so there are many many pages, probably at least half the site, that I have yet to explore (which is kind of ignorant of me considering I drive the same car). I linked LSOC in my links page just to be thorough. It is a Lexus-related site and a Lexus community, and I link anything Lexus-related on my links page regardless if I've explored it or not. Because LSOC is a Lexus community and the pictures in my SC gallery are of other online member's ride, I thought it only common sense to say they belonged to either CL, LSOC, or Team Lexus members even though I don't know who's is who's. Clicking the link on the "What are the changes" thread was the first time I've visited that table on LSOC.
Old 09-03-02, 10:36 PM
'S'Low Rider
Driver

Talking

The other thread that has the details in also has the link to the LSOC and states that that is where the information comes from....

It seems that the other 'Club Lexus' members have all named the source..... its just you that hasn't.

Like I said, careless......

I think thats enough for now, I'm sure you have better things to do, personally I'm praying for the BoSox to do something(anything!) against the Yankees but at 3-1 bottom of the seventh I don't think he's listening to me tonight.....
Old 09-03-02, 10:46 PM
pcmw
Lexus Champion

Wow...

That is a bit **** of you 'S'Low Rider. I think lex400sc is just trying to HELP others. I have not heard of him getting PAID to post that info.

For you to even bring that up is really annoying. I think you probably spent equal time typing your SLAMS than you spent compiling that information that you TOOK from others. Unless of course you came up with those numbers on your own during a scientific test.

smile a little and let things GO.

MW

just my .02
Old 09-03-02, 11:13 PM
'S'Low Rider
Driver

Talking

You're quite right pcmw..... lex400sc has probably spent as much time 'discussing' the source of the material as he spent copying it.

On the other hand I went to a lot more trouble, spending a considerable amount of time, finding the information about changes for each year of the SC400 that Lexus wrote, reading each article, deciding that other owners might just be interested in the information and find it helpful and collating the changes and putting them into a table and saying where I got the information from.

Now that is ****........ but without it the information would not be available in such an easy to read format nor would it be available to the other members on 'Club Lexus'.

He's also being helpful. I don't disagree.

But its normally 'good manners' that when you plaigiarise somebody elses material you attempt to name the source. With or without 'copyright'...... So I find his web page "really annoying" , to quote you.

What do you call it in the US, 'respect' 'dues'?

I'll maybe give you 1c for your 2c worth......

Quick Reply: sc400 specifications