SC- 1st Gen (1992-2000)

This is how you install RSX seats

Search this Thread

Old 04-27-11, 01:48 PM
soarinhigh
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by XenonDepot
lol. I'll make sure to tell our HID kit customers that if they can install RSX seats they can install an HID kit ;-)
Hey I did your HID kit first And I love it!!!
Old 04-27-11, 02:17 PM
RedPhoenix
Lexus Fanatic

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

So much better than an install using the floorboard with carriage bolts...

-__-
Old 04-27-11, 02:45 PM
XenonDepot
Former Sponsor

Received 39 Likes on 33 Posts

soarinhigh - sweet! Which kit did you go with? What color temperature?

Steve
Old 04-28-11, 12:21 AM
soarinhigh
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by XenonDepot
soarinhigh - sweet! Which kit did you go with? What color temperature?

Steve
I have the thin kit in a 6000k I love them. Kinda wish I would have gotten 4300 tho. Now I need to get 3000k for my high beams If I get another one I will do a how to for you. Maybe even a video!
Old 04-28-11, 12:23 AM
soarinhigh
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by RedPhoenix
So much better than an install using the floorboard with carriage bolts...

-__-
exactly the reason I did this write up... I couldn't believe the first time I heard of someone doing it that way....
Old 04-28-11, 07:39 AM
XenonDepot
Former Sponsor

Received 39 Likes on 33 Posts

soarinhigh - Let me know whenever you are ready. I will do my best to help you out on new 4300k bulbs or a 3000k HID kit :-)

STeve
Old 01-09-13, 09:51 PM
scott101
Pole Position

literally did the exact same thing with cutting the tabs for my drivers side recaro without even seeing this. tacking the tabs to the slider was a major paint though, and trying not not burn my carpet
Old 01-09-13, 11:01 PM
sidwin
Pole Position

my car came with rsx seats. all he did was cut and bend the existing brackets on the rsx. honestly both methods probably wouldn't be too helpful in a car accident. i took the seat out and notice it last time... i should take it to my welder and have him go over the cuts with nicer beads of welds and reinforce the area....
Old 01-09-13, 11:26 PM
SEIDO
Instructor

I had Sparco's in my Lancer, and they were awesome; but to be honest, that style seat (with the shoulders), just doesn't match the looks of the SC. It doesn't look awful, but it's not pretty either.
Nothing beats Supra (or RX-7) seats. Their curvature matches the contours of the SC, especially because the interior is also circular, like a womb.

Nice job though; at least the least the leather matches ...
Old 01-10-13, 12:09 AM
xxtoobsxx
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

^^^ like a womb. That must be why we all want to crawl back into the sc. Even after we sell our first one...
Old 01-10-13, 09:32 AM
8052JZ
Lexus Test Driver

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by CityKnight
I had Sparco's in my Lancer, and they were awesome; but to be honest, that style seat (with the shoulders), just doesn't match the looks of the SC. It doesn't look awful, but it's not pretty either.
Nothing beats Supra (or RX-7) seats. Their curvature matches the contours of the SC, especially because the interior is also circular, like a womb.

Nice job though; at least the least the leather matches ...
I’d have to disagree with you on this one. The supra seats look way to skinny in the back rest. The RSX seats are a little larger and fit the bulkiness of the SC's interior. Just like the 100 pound OEM seats. If you look at the interior lines from inside and the space between the supra seats and the rear window trim, just looks too small. The RSX fits nicely in there and fill in the space just like the oem seats not completely but more than the supra seat. They also give the same curvature of let’s say some recaro bucket seats or some sort of aftermarket bucket seat. Would those not match either?

Here are some links from the two:
RSX post#1 last pic - https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sc-...installed.html

Supra post #24-25 - https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sc-...et-here-2.html

But in the end, it really depends on ones person's taste. Not to mention im rocking the rsx seats
Old 01-10-13, 10:39 AM
CYNE
Driver

decent
stock seats are nicer looking IMO
Old 01-25-13, 11:51 PM
SEIDO
Instructor

Originally Posted by 8052JZ
I’d have to disagree with you on this one. The supra seats look way to skinny in the back rest. The RSX seats are a little larger and fit the bulkiness of the SC's interior. Just like the 100 pound OEM seats. If you look at the interior lines from inside and the space between the supra seats and the rear window trim, just looks too small. The RSX fits nicely in there and fill in the space just like the oem seats not completely but more than the supra seat. They also give the same curvature of let’s say some recaro bucket seats or some sort of aftermarket bucket seat. Would those not match either?

Here are some links from the two:
RSX post#1 last pic - https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sc-...installed.html

Supra post #24-25 - https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sc-...et-here-2.html

But in the end, it really depends on ones person's taste. Not to mention im rocking the rsx seats

I think you missed my point; it's not about how they fit inside the car; it's about how they fit the car as a whole.
Do they compliment the overall aesthetic? Do they look as though they "belong"? (IMHO, the answer is "no").
Heres why ...
The SC is more or less shaped like a UFO, with very smooth contours; its very simple, very basic curvature; which is the same design in the Supra and RX-7 Seats. The RSX/Sparco Seats on the other hand, while they aren't bad looking by any means, are instead this crazy zig-zag, which doesn't comform to the basic shape of the SC.
So to answer your question, "no", Recaro's wouldn't match either; they're the same thing.

Last edited by SEIDO; 01-26-13 at 12:04 AM.
Old 01-26-13, 08:47 AM
CYNE
Driver

Originally Posted by CityKnight
I think you missed my point; it's not about how they fit inside the car; it's about how they fit the car as a whole.
Do they compliment the overall aesthetic? Do they look as though they "belong"? (IMHO, the answer is "no").
Heres why ...
The SC is more or less shaped like a UFO, with very smooth contours; its very simple, very basic curvature; which is the same design in the Supra and RX-7 Seats. The RSX/Sparco Seats on the other hand, while they aren't bad looking by any means, are instead this crazy zig-zag, which doesn't comform to the basic shape of the SC.
So to answer your question, "no", Recaro's wouldn't match either; they're the same thing.

agreed

the SC has too much class to be holding cheap RSX seats... seems kinda ricer.. shoulda got a honda