SC- 1st Gen (1992-2000)

First-time Lexus owner! 1995 SC400

Search this Thread

Old 08-08-11, 07:05 PM
1J0Z SC
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Looks great so far man! Welcome to club lexus!
Old 08-08-11, 08:15 PM
OG Dada
Lexus Champion

Received 16 Likes on 12 Posts

Thanks S14Jo for the warm welcome, but I think it's 5 months late for it... LOL I've been a member since March, but had to rebuild another account on April because I couldn't access the first one...
Old 08-08-11, 08:39 PM
ThomasGS4
Lexus Test Driver

Received 373 Likes on 218 Posts

Welcome, Kingphilip!
Old 09-04-11, 03:03 PM
BigBang
Lead Lap

Polarities suck on these things.. the connectors they used in superbrightleds are poorly made compared to oem. They don't sit strong to have a good connection. On the side of each connector there is this dot. I that supposed to be a polarity marker? Cause mines go in all different directions.. my 60mph just went out the other day but was working fine before. Bad connectors!!
Old 09-04-11, 03:43 PM
OG Dada
Lexus Champion

Yup, bad connectors, although mine just went out a few days ago ever since I did this DIY... Cause what I did was kinda pulled the connectors out a bit before I installed them.
Old 09-04-11, 05:08 PM
levie
Lexus Test Driver

nice car man, good luck with everything and happy modding love the colour btw.
Old 12-15-11, 06:08 PM
OG Dada
Lexus Champion

I just thought I'd update my thread instead of doing it in the MIP thread! 10 months since I got my SC! Here are some daytime pics of my photo whoring while waiting for my wife at the parking lot from her doctor's appointment. Still dirty though, it rained hard for a couple of days down here in SD.

Anybody know how to remove that emblem so I can change it, since the chrome is already peeling?

Don't mind the duct taped air intake coupler, I'll be changing that soon. Since I got my SC every piece of hose have been changed to new OEM ones, clips, gaskets, including my radiator(Koyo A1306), power steering high pressure hose(driftmotion SS PS line), K&N air intake filter(gonna do the BFI soon with a customized polished aluminum radiator plate), PS pump, alternator, rack and pinion, outer tie rods, poly bushings(every piece of bushings), engine and tranny mount, and some more miscellaneous stuff... (Alot of repairs and fixing. I'm not gonna do any kind of boosting, I'm not into that stuff. I like looking at my engine bay looking stock.)

Can't really see the flaws of my interior in this shot, lol.

This is what detailing done right looks like. I detailed my SC when I first got it around April this year. I'm gonna be doing it again soon with better paint sealant and stuff. (You'll see my first detailing on my SC in my very first thread.) Original paint except the whole driver side due to previous owners accident.

I'm really surprised that you can hardly see the dirt in this shot.

Shiny.

Dirty, lol.

Please don't mind the yellowing headlights & fogs, front wheel offset & height for now. They're all work in progress. I have LS brakes that I'm trying to polish so the offsets of the front wheels will really change for the brakes to fit.

And the night time pics I did a few weeks back...

These were the universal oval tipped mufflers I bought from eBay. It cost me more to get it installed than buying both muffs.
https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sc-...nnovation.html

DDM Tuning, 35 watts, 6000K HID's (headlights & fogs)

And my LED front turn signals (to eliminate the yellow reflection from the bulbs and so the flash would be brighter) and park lights.
https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sc-...onversion.html

I won't say any future plans anymore, I'll just post them as I get them accomplished. I just noticed that the more I talk about what I wanna do to my SC the more my funds wouldn't permit me to get them done, LOL.

I did all labor in fixing and repairing my SC(most repairs was my first time doing it) and detailing of exterior and interior. I was originally planning to make DIY thread for each and every repair I did for my SC back in summer when I did them, but ironically I broke my 'water proof' camera while spending 1 hot summer day at a water park at Irvine. Believe me I was really pissed off that I wasn't able to do the DIY's, it could've been a really big help for alot of people considering how much stuff I fixed on my SC. Now I'm trying to learn how to polish aluminum and such and next I'm gonna try to learn how to paint. (Hint; all this new knowledge to work on my engine bay, shhhhh.)

What's also funny now that I've put every major repair aside, when I was new to this(fixing/repairing/restoring), whenever I would have problems with my SC I would always look for another "better condition" SC to buy but never do 'cause when I get to fix the problem, it just turns out to be a small minor fix. This is also for the newbies with dilemma's or in the crossroads or still thinking if the SC is really for them or what. I bought my SC for $3600 March 2011. It haven't been registered since '09, so I had to shell out roughly $700 to get it registered with all the fees that piled up through the years. I made an excel to keep track of my expenses on my SC, which I'd be willing to send to anyone who requests for it for basis. I've already spent $6100 for my parts, and I'm not yet done so it's still gonna go up, considering my SC didn't have any exterior and interior issues. So, to date I've already spent roughly $10,400 just to get it in tip-top shape.

Although after getting all mechanical problems fixed I transferred my attention to my interior since it's the place I have contact with the most. I wasn't able to take pics of 'before' of my interior, but just imagine the ridges of the leather filled with dirt and instead of tan it was brown. And these pics I have of my interior right now where a month after since I detailed the entire interior and it's slowly building up dirt and grime again since it have been raining lately.

Last edited by OG Dada; 12-15-11 at 07:29 PM.
Old 12-15-11, 06:49 PM
OG Dada
Lexus Champion

I couldn't add these 'cause of the photo limit.

This is the only key that came when I got my SC. Tried to order the single button remote from Sewell Lexus and got it cut to my VIN but received a different cut. I'm gonna try ordering a blank when funds allow next time.

I wanna change to a woodgrain 3 spoke GS430 steering wheel! I just have a few more repairs that needs to get done before anything. Anyways...

NOW I'M BORED.

Last edited by OG Dada; 12-15-11 at 07:00 PM.
Old 12-27-11, 08:13 PM
greens14
Lead Lap

hey whats up with those tail lights? do 95s naturally have the top part of the lights as running lights or is that a modification? also are those LEDs or do 95s just ALWAYS have both bulbs illuminated?

it looks way better than 92s lol
Old 12-27-11, 08:47 PM
OG Dada
Lexus Champion

That's why '95-'96's are the best tails there is, 'cause the entire top portion is lit. I'm not sure which light are you referring to to your 2nd question though... No mods to the lights yet other than using LED counterpart of the bulb sizes and HID's for the head and fog lights...
Old 03-20-12, 03:08 AM
chargerfan
Lead Lap

Received 34 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by KingPhilip
I was just about to post this...

I bought everything at superbrightleds.com
The only downfall I had with these was that the LED's had polarities, so it pretty much took me the whole day going back and forth to my car testing and retesting and figuring out the polarities of the light, that's why if you would notice its morning when I began the pics and night when I got done with it.. LOL

But all in all its pretty good.. I used they're T1.5 LED bulbs btw
its crazy how much better your gauge cluster looks now!!! wanna do mine ?

ill give ya a free alignment? lol
Old 03-20-12, 08:01 AM
OG Dada
Lexus Champion

I'd take that free alignment anytime! Matter of fact I'm on my way to Clarence Brown in a bit to get an alignment... Although, it doesn't look like that anymore, 3 backlight bulbs already went out...
Old 03-20-12, 02:19 PM
chargerfan
Lead Lap

Received 34 Likes on 24 Posts

clarence brown = the reason why i learned how to diy. dont wanna bash them in public, feel free to pm me on the topic anytime