SC- 1st Gen (1992-2000)

Varrstoen Rims

Search this Thread

Old 03-26-11, 03:57 PM
ElitistK
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by fleishelja
I cant stand videos like that. the next time I drop a hydraulic weight on my wheels in an unrealistic circumstance I'll buy a "genuine" set of wheels. its like snapon when they advertise their toolboxes. they just provide useless demonstrations of **** that nobody cares about
That circumstance is really real; think going sideways into a curb. There's a reason why wed's is a leading company in wheel manufacturing and nobody knows the name of the company that makes your replicas.
Old 03-26-11, 03:59 PM
RSTSpeed
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by jadu
Nice... but I bet those rub a LOT. But still very nice!

Originally Posted by Zachsta

I haven't taken any decent pictures of it static yet, I've only shot that one of it rolling, but here's a ****ty cell phone pic.

Front and rear are both 18x10.5 0 offset.
Nice!!!
Old 03-26-11, 04:07 PM
RSTSpeed
Lexus Test Driver

I'd like to see the 1.1.2 and 3.3.2 on an SC...
1.1.2: http://varrstoen.com/blog/?p=1377

3.3.2: http://varrstoen.com/blog/?p=492
Old 03-26-11, 04:08 PM
MDSC
Lexus Champion

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by ElitistK
That circumstance is really real; think going sideways into a curb. There's a reason why wed's is a leading company in wheel manufacturing and nobody knows the name of the company that makes your replicas.
The reason people know weds, racing heart,Volk, HRE,Fikse is because they are very nice wheels that are made with any type of backspasing you want and in any bolt pattern. therefore they arent universal and usually made to order $$$. Most are 2 or 3 piece or forged which is also more money that attracts people with vettes,porsches, ferraris and high end luxury. I can bet that every 11 year old boy knows of Ferrari but not every 11 year old knows what a Panoz or Mclaren is.
As far as going sideways into a curb...well a lot of weels will crack and fail if you hit a curb sideways at any type of decent speed and if your weds dont well they are trash anyways along with your tire. Your argument is mute..you got $$ to spend on a set of wheels that worth almost as much as your car and you feel like your wheels are worth it...awesome enjoy them..but please dont put down other people on their choices and belives.
Old 03-26-11, 04:30 PM
ElitistK
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by MDSC
The reason people know weds, racing heart,Volk, HRE,Fikse is because they are very nice wheels that are made with any type of backspasing you want and in any bolt pattern. therefore they arent universal and usually made to order $$$. Most are 2 or 3 piece or forged which is also more money that attracts people with vettes,porsches, ferraris and high end luxury. I can bet that every 11 year old boy knows of Ferrari but not every 11 year old knows what a Panoz or Mclaren is.
As far as going sideways into a curb...well a lot of weels will crack and fail if you hit a curb sideways at any type of decent speed and if your weds dont well they are trash anyways along with your tire. Your argument is mute..you got $$ to spend on a set of wheels that worth almost as much as your car and you feel like your wheels are worth it...awesome enjoy them..but please dont put down other people on their choices and belives.
No one is putting down on your choices and beliefs that replicas are better than authentics, but you're putting yourself down by rejecting the fact that authentics are still better than replicas in general. You can go by your personal experience all you want, but if you know anything about math or statistic, then you'll know that your data has no significance.

That being said, I'm familiar with the process of making replica wheels, and even the ones that make them said their wheels aren't as good as they should be. I really don't know what my friend meant by that, but it's enough to make me stay away from them.
Old 03-26-11, 04:48 PM
xknowonex
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by CrazySC300
Are 19's the smallest size that these guys can make? Lame!
Nobody really buys anything less than 19s anymore
Old 03-26-11, 05:16 PM
4thHorsemn
Pole Position

Love the 112's but I would want 18's not 19's
Old 03-26-11, 05:29 PM
RSTSpeed
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by 4thHorsemn
Love the 112's but I would want 18's not 19's
Yup, much better for daily driving. (*And less chance of bending and cracking!! lol)
Old 03-26-11, 05:56 PM
drpatel77
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by xknowonex
Nobody really buys anything less than 19s anymore
not sure i agree with that.. i have 18s on my sc... depends on car.. for eg. with LS can't go lower than 19s in my opinion.... but IS, SC even GS can pull of 18s... ... i know lot of SC/IS/GS using 18s... 19s maybe if have body kit..

so both sizes are in demand really.. also lot of people go with 18s b/c more affordable tires for them.. 19s tires bit more $$...a replica co. should realize that and make 18s available... they should have both 18s & 19s..
Old 03-26-11, 06:12 PM
1WILLY1
Lexus Test Driver

Received 194 Likes on 138 Posts

Originally Posted by ElitistK
No one is putting down on your choices and beliefs that replicas are better than authentics, but you're putting yourself down by rejecting the fact that authentics are still better than replicas in general. You can go by your personal experience all you want, but if you know anything about math or statistic, then you'll know that your data has no significance.

That being said, I'm familiar with the process of making replica wheels, and even the ones that make them said their wheels aren't as good as they should be. I really don't know what my friend meant by that, but it's enough to make me stay away from them.
There is nobody here that is saying that rep's are better than authentics.

All im saying is just because set of rims doesnt cost you thousands of dollars doesnt mean its garbage.

And on the same note just because you spend thousands on a set of rims doesnt mean they arent prone to being bent,cracked or broken.

If I had the money I would of course buy the top of the line rims, as im sure most would.

But there are alot of good quality rims for reasonable prices out there.
Old 03-26-11, 06:31 PM
eliteskill
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by MDSC
you speaking from experience? because many people i know have real 2/3 piece wheels bent and cracked...just sucks if you spend 3gs and your rims crack/peel/bend unless youre a big baller and got the $$$ to blow
Originally Posted by 1WILLY1
yes weve had this debate b4-----its a known fact that the name brand rims--expensive ones---can crack , bend and break as well.

I think people just assume because a wheel is less in price it is prone to cracking, i dont agree with that at all.
Yes, I am speaking from experience.. you think I talk out of my ***? If you seen my threads I have been through XXRs, Real Volk TE37s, BBS LM Reps, and even now ROCKING Work CR kai REPS.

Im not knocking on reps, I use them as well, however I had had many types or rims crack on me in the mean streets of LA vs the REAL DEAL. Yes the real deal can crack and bend but it can withstand more than any reps could.

You get what you pay for most of the time with anything in life. Theres a reason why they are cheap, because the cost to make them were cheap as well.

Sometimes I wonder why I even come into the SC300 forums anymore. I gave jadu a good choice and pictures to show him what the RIMS would look like, and what I have experienced with them. Not to start another useless internet debate.
Old 03-26-11, 06:44 PM
1WILLY1
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by eliteskill
Yes, I am speaking from experience.. you think I talk out of my ***? If you seen my threads I have been through XXRs, Real Volk TE37s, BBS LM Reps, and even now ROCKING Work CR kai REPS.

Im not knocking on reps, I use them as well, however I had had many types or rims crack on me in the mean streets of LA vs the REAL DEAL. Yes the real deal can crack and bend but it can withstand more than any reps could.

You get what you pay for most of the time with anything in life. Theres a reason why they are cheap, because the cost to make them were cheap as well.

Sometimes I wonder why I even come into the SC300 forums anymore. I gave jadu a good choice and pictures to show him what the RIMS would look like, and what I have experienced with them. Not to start another useless internet debate.
well im also not trying to get into a debate either.

My only point was that the rims ive used have held up very well and they didnt cost me thousands of dollars.

All 'I' am saying is that I think there are alot of good quality rims out there for affordable prices---lower than the high end name brands but still very well made.

Im sure there are some cheap wheels out there that maybe its best to steer clear of, I think a person can spot those ones out if they know what to look for.

Thanks for posting
Old 03-26-11, 08:37 PM
MDSC
Lexus Champion

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by eliteskill

funny thing you say you dont want to come on the sc board as much, i feel the same but then you go and quote me when i didnt ask YOU if you speaking from experience. If you think that the real deal is so much better then maybe you should stop buying knock offs.
Old 03-26-11, 08:46 PM
Gimpster
Driver

I honestly could care less if someone buys a real or repo wheel. Trust me, I've owned my fair share of ASA's, Rota's and the like. Especially when I owned a Civic. Putting a $3000 set of wheels on a $900 car is just silly.

These days I typically buy used authentic wheels though.

I'm curious how many people have ever had a real-deal forged 3 piece and then a typical repo next to each other. Just the shear weight difference is quite astounding.
Old 03-26-11, 09:03 PM
1WILLY1
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by Gimpster
I honestly could care less if someone buys a real or repo wheel. Trust me, I've owned my fair share of ASA's, Rota's and the like. Especially when I owned a Civic. Putting a $3000 set of wheels on a $900 car is just silly.

These days I typically buy used authentic wheels though.

I'm curious how many people have ever had a real-deal forged 3 piece and then a typical repo next to each other. Just the shear weight difference is quite astounding.
ive enever had the real deal next to a rep or knock off but ive heard the same thing---the wieght is much heavier in the rep's.

My question is what is considered a rep?

Anytime i see someone with a set of rims that doesnt cost an arm and a leg or a set that isnt a top name brand people insinuate that it is a rep or a knock off.

I think the term is used a bit too loosely imo.

Quick Reply: Varrstoen Rims