SC- 1st Gen (1992-2000)

Where are all the knock off vertex ridge kits gone?

Search this Thread

Old 02-05-11, 06:01 PM
TecnoSmurf
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Where are all the knock off vertex ridge kits gone?

Raceonusa has stopped making them. I need to find a shop or some one that can sell me a replacement front bumper.

Please help me out CL...
Old 02-05-11, 06:55 PM
LIVauto
Driver School Candidate

Ebay
http://shop.ebay.com/?_from=R40&_trk...All-Categories
Old 02-05-11, 07:14 PM
xknowonex
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Don't do it dude. They stopped making them because people realized they all fit like crap and stop buying them

Last edited by xknowonex; 02-06-11 at 02:47 AM.
Old 02-05-11, 07:26 PM
StiCk3
Lexus Champion

you might have some luck finding some in the trash...

seriously, 99% of knock off kits i've seen here and in real life fit terribly and will end up costing you more to fit properly rather than buying the real deal.
Old 02-05-11, 08:28 PM
1WILLY1
Lexus Test Driver

Received 194 Likes on 138 Posts

Originally Posted by StiCk3
you might have some luck finding some in the trash...

seriously, 99% of knock off kits i've seen here and in real life fit terribly and will end up costing you more to fit properly rather than buying the real deal.
im not trying to be rude or start a debate or anythingt but do you know this from first hand experiance?

I only ask because i started a thread on this matter and half of the people said the same as you that they didnt fit properly--but the other half ---people that had them ---said they fit fine with a little work so I dont know what to make of it.

I was dead set on getting that first body kit --the red sc at the top--but decided on waiting until i heard more from people who had them.

Thanks in advance.
Old 02-05-11, 11:02 PM
TecnoSmurf
Lead Lap

Spare me the typical CL bull. Just help me find what im looking for.

I already have the kit on my car and I need a new front bumper.

AND this will be my 4th bumper................. do you have any idea how much i would have spent had i bought the real one. I have a car that gets driven it doesn't sit in the garage.

And my raceon kit fit pretty dam good for only costing me 750.

Let also not forget i have real pieces on my car too and i ask people to point to them.... they never can.
Old 02-06-11, 02:24 AM
cfhoods
Former Sponsor

Smile Wide body VTX Ridge style SC300 SC400 wide body kit

There are knockoffs that don't fit but the VTX Ridge style is not one of them, at least not yet.. I'm sure someone will copy the copy etc, and eventually it will not fit, but our kit does fit well.

I have a customer in Robertsonville, NC that should be receiving his kit soon, I'll post pics as soon as he installs it so I can show you the fitment.

We sell the SC300 SC400 wide body kit here as well as the parts individually.

(the front bumper looks funky in the picture, it's not deformed it was just underneath a lot of parts in the container so it wasn't in its proper shape when it was pulled out to take the pictures, fitted on the car it is fine, I should really replace that picture with another one)

Last edited by cfhoods; 02-06-11 at 02:28 AM.
Old 02-06-11, 05:43 AM
1WILLY1
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by cfhoods
There are knockoffs that don't fit but the VTX Ridge style is not one of them, at least not yet.. I'm sure someone will copy the copy etc, and eventually it will not fit, but our kit does fit well.

I have a customer in Robertsonville, NC that should be receiving his kit soon, I'll post pics as soon as he installs it so I can show you the fitment.

We sell the SC300 SC400 wide body kit here as well as the parts individually.

(the front bumper looks funky in the picture, it's not deformed it was just underneath a lot of parts in the container so it wasn't in its proper shape when it was pulled out to take the pictures, fitted on the car it is fine, I should really replace that picture with another one)
again not to be rude or anything but yes the bumper does look like it will be difficult to fit properly--and also that front fender looks absolutely terrible ---the wheel well is all choppy and not cut properly, is the customer supposed to be able to make that a true cut themself?

Everything else looks to be pretty good though.

Last edited by 1WILLY1; 02-06-11 at 05:47 AM.
Old 02-06-11, 05:58 AM
TheRonTom3
Lexus Test Driver

Wow you have a bug up your ***. The fender looks like **** because the picture quality sucks.

Also the headlight areas always sag even on the good stuff. They are usually pretty flexible around that area. Once on the car they fit fine like my AIT Vertex bumper and my Target knock off
Old 02-06-11, 06:03 AM
Jikit
Rookie

That said CFH is a good company my Carbon Fiber Hood and bumper was purchased from them before I crashed my car which is displayed on there website. The fit was pretty damn good and I most say I'm thinking of Purchasing another carbon fiber bumper. I WILL Be purchasing these fenders thought cause they look good to me.

Originally Posted by 1WILLY1
again not to be rude or anything but yes the bumper does look like it will be difficult to fit properly--and also that front fender looks absolutely terrible ---the wheel well is all choppy and not cut properly, is the customer supposed to be able to make that a true cut themself?

Everything else looks to be pretty good though.
Old 02-06-11, 06:17 AM
thrysiss
Rookie

Who cares anyway kits on our cars look like **** anyway all u need is to be slammed and rims thats all
Old 02-06-11, 06:27 AM
Jikit
Rookie

Originally Posted by thrysiss
Who cares anyway kits on our cars look like **** anyway all u need is to be slammed and rims thats all
Disagree the wide body is awesome as well as upgraded fenders. I'm not a stock kind of guy so I naturally have to argue with you on this point.
Old 02-06-11, 06:40 AM
1WILLY1
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by TheRonTom3
Wow you have a bug up your ***. The fender looks like **** because the picture quality sucks.

Also the headlight areas always sag even on the good stuff. They are usually pretty flexible around that area. Once on the car they fit fine like my AIT Vertex bumper and my Target knock off
If thats the case why wouldnt this company take the time to make sure the picture quality of their parts is at least half decent?

And no the headlight areas on a good quality part wouldnt look like that.

im not saying these parts are not good or decent quality all I was saying is the front fender looks all chopped up and the bumper looks out of shape as well------they shouldnt have pictures like that representing their product because you will get people that are sceptical of the quality from the start.

Again im not knocking this company im just calling it like i see it.

Originally Posted by Jikit
That said CFH is a good company my Carbon Fiber Hood and bumper was purchased from them before I crashed my car which is displayed on there website. The fit was pretty damn good and I most say I'm thinking of Purchasing another carbon fiber bumper. I WILL Be purchasing these fenders thought cause they look good to me.

These fenders look good.

Last edited by 1WILLY1; 02-06-11 at 06:44 AM.
Old 02-06-11, 10:04 PM
GZZ-TT
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Those fenders will only physically fit together and line up with the rest of the widebody fyi.
Old 02-07-11, 01:38 AM
cfhoods
Former Sponsor

Smile Funky picture

Actually our kit picture is misleading. I believe it has S14 fenders and Supra ab flug style wide body side skirts. I need to replace that picture. In the meantime our website has better pics, I double check the parts so that we don't actually send out S14 fenders. Here's more detailed pictures of our parts. Lexus SC400 Body Kits

Also, the kit is from the same factory that raceon used.

Quick Reply: Where are all the knock off vertex ridge kits gone?