SC- 1st Gen (1992-2000)

Group Buy intrest...

Search this Thread

Old 08-15-02, 10:12 PM
anthracitetarga
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Group Buy interest...

This thread is to see how many people are interested in a Wilwood brake upgrade group buy. The benefit to the Wilwood brake kit over such brand names as Brembo, AP Racing, etc. is that, through this GB, the price will be much cheaper than those $2000+ kits, while providing the same stopping performance.

- For stock rotors: A 4 piston Wilwood light weight caliper will be used in conjunction with your choice of three different brake pad compunds (made by Hawk): street, racing, or extreme. The kit will also come with stainless bleed line and quality bolts, nuts, and brackets. The price for this kit (calipers, pads, and misc.) will be $950 shipped directly to your door, or $900 pick up.

-For upgraded TT rotors: A 6 piston Wilwood light weight brake caliper will be used in conjunction with the same 3 brake pad compounds as listed above: street, racing, or extreme. This kit also comes w/ all the necessary bolts, nuts, and brackets along with the stainless bleed line. The price for this kit will be $1350 shipped to your door, or $1300 pick up.*

the main person responsible for this project is Scott (Aka: T51R) I have been down to the shop where he works and have seen the brake kit 1st hand. It is a very impressive assembly, and I have already reserved a kit for myself. This is a very rare chance to get a high quailty light weight brake kit for your SC. If u have any further ?'s, u can PM me and i will answer them ASAP. Pics are coming.

PLEASE RESPOND IMMEDIATLY TO THIS THREAD, AS THE GB WILL BEGIN ASAP. Thank you.

*Note: to recieve the kit w/ the 6 piston caliper for the TT rotor, you will need a rim size of at least 18" to ensure proper clearance.

Last edited by anthracitetarga; 08-15-02 at 10:41 PM.
Old 08-15-02, 10:48 PM
supercoupes
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm in for the TT upgrade, although only if you can ship overseas at a reasonable price. Might be better for me if I can just get the calipers and buy the rotors locally.

Oh, pics would be nice ...
Old 08-15-02, 11:00 PM
supercoupes
Lead Lap

Oh, wait ... that's obviously not including the rotors, right? And how can I make sure the kit fits? I have 18's but ...
Old 08-16-02, 11:08 AM
anthracitetarga
Lexus Champion

super, I am meeting w/ Scott tonight so i will get more detailed info but here's my answer as for now. I am not sure about overseas shipping. I will def. have to ask Scott about that one.
As for ur 2nd post: I think the Supra TT rotors may be included. Again, i will have to talk to scott about this, but even if they are not, u can get the rotors through a local auto parts chain store (they will most likely have to order them for u tho) I to am getting the 6 piston upgrade (as this will be better than some exotic cars braking systems). As for wheel sizing. I believe that this kit will fit most any 18" wheel. I believe that it will fit a few setuos w/ 17's, but we wnat to make sure that no one encounters any problems, so for less headaches, we are saying 18's. (again, please no 17's for the 6 piston kit) If u could provide ur offset, i will def. be able to answer ur ?. I am getting some 18x9 and 18x10 Blitz Z2's for my SC and they have a 45+ offset and will be able to handle this kit. scott also has 18's on his SC (not sure their offset) and they will fit his also. Hoe i have helped and if wyou have any more questions, please don't hesitate to ask.
Old 08-16-02, 11:24 AM
supercoupes
Lead Lap

Well, let me know about shipping and what exactly is included in the kit.

My wheels are 18x8 with an offset of 35mm. We need to be certain the kit fits, as I'll have a very hard time selling them again if they don't.

Also, pics would be nice. Are they offering various finishes?

Thanks,
Old 08-16-02, 11:29 AM
anthracitetarga
Lexus Champion

yes, we want to be sure they will fit. Pics will be coming soon. The calipers will be black, with Wilwood engraved in them (thus, Wilwood will be a nice shiny silver). I have seen them 1st hand, and trust me, they look sweeeeeeeet (even on my dads gold GS)
Old 08-16-02, 04:30 PM
anthracitetarga
Lexus Champion

EDIT: This is only for front brakes. Sorry for any misunderstanding. (to get the rear brakes, price will be doubled)
Old 08-19-02, 11:40 AM
anthracitetarga
Lexus Champion

bump

Guys, thsi is a very good deal and would really make ur SC stand out. Many of the GS guy sr taking advantage of this deal. I am not sure about the 4 piston kit, but i knwo a 6 piston Brembo kit (or the equivilent (sp?) will run you about $3000. I hope some of you will start considering this GB as it wis going to start very soon. Pics will be up shortly. Also, supercoupes, i asked Scott about overseas shipping and he is still thinking about it.
Old 08-19-02, 02:40 PM
JohnnySC
Lexus Test Driver

very interested, but need some pics