SC- 1st Gen (1992-2000)

Local Tampa SC400 guru needed for hire

Search this Thread

Old 01-28-11, 10:56 AM
daweeze02
Pit Crew

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Local Tampa SC400 guru needed for hire

Okay so my SC400 is up for sale in the classified forum but I am in the process of replacing the compressor before I sell it. I got it all removed and was about to flush out the system when I was told I need to replace the expansion valve since the system locked up and the valve is probably filled with shrapnel. Well after looking at the service manual I see that I have to remove the ABS actuator and the glove box and so forth which I do not feel comfortable with.

I was hoping someone here in Tampa that is on this forum I could pay to come over and help me finish up the work. I don't really trust taking it somewhere because they may cut corners, plus the car is already all taken apart and I don't want to put it back half way just to transport it to a shop and get charged over $400 again since I already had someone do the work on it but don't think they cleaned the system correctly.

Here is my number if anyone can give me a hand that has done this before 813-990-9938, thanks guys
Old 01-28-11, 04:49 PM
Wicked SC
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by daweeze02
Okay so my SC400 is up for sale in the classified forum but I am in the process of replacing the compressor before I sell it. I got it all removed and was about to flush out the system when I was told I need to replace the expansion valve since the system locked up and the valve is probably filled with shrapnel. Well after looking at the service manual I see that I have to remove the ABS actuator and the glove box and so forth which I do not feel comfortable with.

I was hoping someone here in Tampa that is on this forum I could pay to come over and help me finish up the work. I don't really trust taking it somewhere because they may cut corners, plus the car is already all taken apart and I don't want to put it back half way just to transport it to a shop and get charged over $400 again since I already had someone do the work on it but don't think they cleaned the system correctly.

Here is my number if anyone can give me a hand that has done this before 813-990-9938, thanks guys

Send a PM to Redphoenix! He's in Tampa and if anyone knows about the
SC400 it's him...Good luck!
Old 01-29-11, 08:00 AM
daweeze02
Pit Crew

Originally Posted by Wicked SC
Send a PM to Redphoenix! He's in Tampa and if anyone knows about the
SC400 it's him...Good luck!
Thanks will do
Old 01-29-11, 10:40 AM
captainsc
Lexus Test Driver

Ya Redphoenix is the guy to go to. He is one of my personal friends and is always a huge help with projects.