Search this Thread

Old 01-24-11, 09:12 AM
Triple C
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default HX35. Trying to do it right.

1992 SC300
1jzgte-with a w58 right now
Ok guys I am currently in the process of Building my 1jzgte with the HX35.
I bought a Ebay Manifold that i Braced for the drift and road race action.
HX35. Trying to do it right.-new-soarer-071.jpg
Still need to take it to get it resurfaced. i think the welding might have pulled it out in a few spots, not to mention it was probably warped to begin with.
HX35. Trying to do it right.-new-soarer-072.jpg
My Buddy frank also ported the exhaust housing and we made a plug that we will weld in where the old internal wastgate was located. We also have one hole to fill that was connected to that system.
HX35. Trying to do it right.-new-soarer-073.jpg
We are also welding in a flang for the tial wastegate and i am planning to have a spring to atleast 25 PSI . I think it will be a 38MM or something a little larger. im not sure yet I might go wiht a lighter spring for a little while to let the engine Get used to the power. I already have a 38MM with a 18PSI spring so i may go with it for a Little while but you guys know how that works.
HX35. Trying to do it right.-new-soarer-075.jpg
We are going to weld in the Flange with Studs in Place since we can. I like the idea of having Studs in and Bolting it up From there.

I am sure i will have more to come so i will try and keep this updated.
Right now im trying to pass emissions on a closer to stock 1J that i have currently in my SC. The HX35 and what not are going on my old 1j supra motor that has been rebuilt in the past 15,000 and already has my 440CC injectors in it and a r154 connected to it.
Basically i cant wait to get this thing street legal then Change motors/trans and have some more fun.
Attached Thumbnails HX35. Trying to do it right.-new-soarer-074.jpg  
Old 01-24-11, 09:35 AM
Ali SC3
Lexus Champion

Received 438 Likes on 368 Posts

interesting setup, a 25 psi spring is pretty high, may want to think about a lower spring and a boost controller
Old 01-24-11, 09:46 AM
Triple C
Lead Lap

I have a Electronic Boost Controller and a Manuel Boost controller. I was kind of thinking the same. I have the 18PSI spring in the wastgate right now so i will probably stick with that for a while.
Old 02-11-11, 07:30 PM
SOLEdier
Driver

is that manifold 1 of the $150 (in that area) off ebay?

just simply bracing it is good enough?
Old 03-31-11, 06:33 AM
Triple C
Lead Lap

Finally an Update!
So i passed emissions and drove the car for about 1 month took it to a drift practice spun a bearing in the stock 1J and now I am right in the middle of the swap to get it put in.
I just ordered and received
Driftmotion:
1JZ/2JZ/7M Oil Outlet Adapter Fitting 1JZ/2JZ/7M turbo oil outlet adapter, 12mm to -4 with sealing washer.

Oil Drain Flange for 1JZ/2JZ Oil Pan:Oil drain flange for the 1jz or 2jz oil pan to a -10 AN fitting.

ordered on ebay and sent from TAIPEI TAIWAN
a Garrett T3 Inlet gasket Multi-layers of stainless steel (3 layers)
and a TIAL 35mm 38mm External Wastegate Stainless Gasket 2pcs
this should get everything sealed tight. I also went ahead and got a new timing belt it was from an Isuzu (137 tooth i think) and new injector seals from toyota. my buddy frank also changed out 2 of the injector clips with 2 we found at the junk yard and i think we also changed the TPS and a Crank Sensor that looked damadged from the wreck.
I also got a new Mishimoto Radiator from a 93-98 Supra
Anyhow i will post some pictures after we throw it all together and are dropping it in on Saturday.
Old 04-07-11, 10:53 AM
Triple C
Lead Lap

HX35. Trying to do it right.-new-soarer-240-smaller.jpg
HX 35 is in and Running
HX35. Trying to do it right.-new-soarer-243-smaller.jpg
Built a Heat Sheild
HX35. Trying to do it right.-new-soarer-245-smaller.jpg
Also installed a Flex Pipe for the Movement when drifting and so i dont Crack my Downpipe
HX35. Trying to do it right.-new-soarer-246-smaller.jpg
Look closely and you can see the Screamer Pipe and that the Downpipe has a Mount on it to Attach to the R154 for extra Stability.
Needless to stay i dont want crap breaking now that me and my buddies have put it all together
Old 04-07-11, 02:06 PM
SOLEdier
Driver

what size oil and fuel lines did you use for the turbo
Old 04-13-11, 06:25 AM
Triple C
Lead Lap

I cant remember but i rigured out that my map sensor needs to be changed out because this thing is running 20 Legit PSI I had Fuel cut or Sensor overload or whatever you want to call it. SO i am trying to decide wether i send my ECU to APexi to have them tell my Power FC that it is going to have a GM 3 bar map or Take it to a local shop who is the only one in 5 States that has the software to adjust my ECU but he wants 200 and apexi wants, this shop says they need an hour to tune it in bu ti have only herd abd stuff about there uisness and when i asked them to order me a 2 Bolt 3 inch exhaust gasket they stalled me out for almost 2 weeks. I am conflicted.

Anyhow with the HX35 if you run anything over about 18 PSI you get break up. This is 1JZ (same as 2JZ map) Map Limitation. What is needed to help is a 3 bar or higher map sensor. Yes i used to run 20 PSI on my stock twins, yep. but thats not the case with this Turbo and APexi Power FC. I might have gotten away with it if i had a stock ECU and an SAFC or something but i am going to want to be in the upper 20's some time soon so.
Local Guy (unliked tuner) - 200$
or Send to Apexi in Cali and have them only calibrate for the MAp Sensor- Substantially Less
what do you guys think?

Soldier. I cant remember Ill try and ask my buddy frank. He let me have his from his old setup.
Old 04-13-11, 06:58 PM
DoomLight
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

suscribed. i am in the process of mounting my turbo too. man ol man. i had to have my manifold braced, then have the flange shaved. it was twisted and warped from the welding. the machine shop took off 60 thousands just to get it flat. nope urs wasn't as bad as my "chinamanifold"
Old 04-13-11, 08:43 PM
lookEVO
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

PM me your number again. We can tune your car for the same or less on a mustang dyno and my boss is really good and we can get you running right
Old 04-25-11, 06:34 AM
Triple C
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by lookEVO
PM me your number again. We can tune your car for the same or less on a mustang dyno and my boss is really good and we can get you running right
I went ahead and bought the datalogit software to tune it myself. It took me forever to find the right Scale and offset for my setup to run the GM 3 Bar map sensor. ( Version 1jz-gte2 3.13v Apexi Power FC Scale:7500, Offset: 200)
She pulls like crazy and the wastgate opens at 5000 and currently 17/18PSI, Just makes me want to hook up the boost controller and roll it up to 25 and see what shes got.
Other then that I had to get a 90 degree bend welded to my V band Flange that attached to the hX35 and the Cast piece on the Exhaust side is already starting to crack where we welded it to a normal piece of 3 inch exhaust.
I also noticed that my idle air control valve really pulls some air so i got a $10Valve Cover oil breather and a 12$ Heater hose from some random car that happened to be a 3/4 inch hose that had a unique bend in it (ill post a Picture) This valve used to run a long hose in between the Air Filter and turbos on the stock setup and over to the IAC valve, this cant be capped/ blocked or the Engine will idle at around 500 RPM (this is what happened to me). I still have fuel adjustability so i really think i will boost it higher in the next couple weeks. I gues sill just try and let it break in (or atleast thats what im telling myself until i can find time to hook stuff up.
Also a Turbo Blnket is going to be needed as well as a marlin crawler MPH converter or my old W58 Speedo Gear for the R154.
Its really starting to come together

I still need some time on a dyno to really tap into the power. I will PM you my number so maybe we can get get it sorted out

Last edited by Triple C; 04-25-11 at 06:45 AM.
Old 04-25-11, 07:35 AM
99SC42
gte & na-t

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Looking good bro, but i would Not run 25 Psi on the Gte on Pump gas it's not the greatest idea it's NO NO it will detonate don't do it.
21-22 will be the most i would boost on pump on gte setup.
Old 05-09-11, 05:40 AM
spoolxexo
Lexus Test Driver

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

You guys are lucky. At least you get 93 octane.

In for the final product.
Old 05-09-11, 09:13 PM
lookEVO
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

texted and pm'd you
Old 07-05-11, 07:05 AM
spoolxexo
Lexus Test Driver

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Um, herro prease?

Any luck with this setup? I'm about to to a manifold adapter for my HX35.

Quick Reply: HX35. Trying to do it right.