SC- 1st Gen (1992-2000)

Gt5

Search this Thread

Old 12-06-10, 06:05 PM
97-SC300
Lexus Fanatic

Received 128 Likes on 107 Posts

Honestly.... gt5 is crap compared to Forza 3, even though Forza doesn't have the SC.
Old 12-06-10, 07:50 PM
nivek5sfe
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 97-SC300
Honestly.... gt5 is crap compared to Forza 3, even though Forza doesn't have the SC.
im going to agree but in a nicer way lol

gt5 is just really lacking. forza3 and turn10 really sat the bar with customization and just small details that polyphony didnt pay attention to. i think alot of it has to do with culture differences. polyphony is profoundly japanese and just isnt as in touch with what the western market wants and expects, while turn10 does considering its american roots. then again everyone was expecting it to be end all of driving games, which is what it was portrayed as by polyphony, but it clearly isnt.
Old 12-10-10, 11:26 AM
ashtray
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Damn. GT5 sadly did not pay to much attention to the mod world.
Old 12-10-10, 11:21 PM
Kira X
美少女戦士セーラームーン

Received 408 Likes on 336 Posts
Smile

It's a shame that they did the standard car and premium car thing. The premium cars are probably just the default Supra, Corvette Skyline, and all of those kinds of cars. I was really hoping to get an SC on there that was slammed, super wide wheels, and 1000 horsepower.

If only Midnight Club had a roster like this, plus all of the performance upgrades, we'd have the sickest racing game ever.

I might get the game for Christmas. I'll be 35 by the time Gran Turismo 6 comes out so I might was well enjoy this one. I also need a Logitech steering wheel.
Old 12-10-10, 11:34 PM
SChema
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I haven't played the game yet, looking forward to it though. Am I one of the few that is glad that the "aftermarket mods" were limited?

Even in GT4 with the introduction of Japanese tuners, I was kind of iffy. I even found the addition of nitrous to be odd. Am I just one of the purest that is glad that the aftermarket world doesn't come into play and you build what you have instead of building hybrids (not the electric version) cars with engine swaps and that nature? Granted, it would be nice to build up an imaginary car according to your specs.

I see the GT series more of the purest depiction of motorsports. Manufacturers building a certain chassis with a certain power plant to qualify for their specific races. I'm sure there's a coupe of people out there that see it my way.
Old 12-11-10, 02:25 AM
ashtray
Pole Position

Originally Posted by 3Rotor
I haven't played the game yet, looking forward to it though. Am I one of the few that is glad that the "aftermarket mods" were limited?

Even in GT4 with the introduction of Japanese tuners, I was kind of iffy. I even found the addition of nitrous to be odd. Am I just one of the purest that is glad that the aftermarket world doesn't come into play and you build what you have instead of building hybrids (not the electric version) cars with engine swaps and that nature? Granted, it would be nice to build up an imaginary car according to your specs.

I see the GT series more of the purest depiction of motorsports. Manufacturers building a certain chassis with a certain power plant to qualify for their specific races. I'm sure there's a coupe of people out there that see it my way.
I agree. But granted, it would be nice to build a car to your specific specs.
Old 12-23-10, 03:00 PM
TechGreek
Lexus Test Driver

Just picked up GT5. I've been playing Forza for the past few weeks.

GT5 = Thumbs Down

Every single race I've played has been easy! The only reason I'm even playing this game anymore is to get the SC and delete the rest of the cars.
Old 12-23-10, 05:21 PM
jintei
Lead Lap

Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts

Sucks, I saw the SC on the first day I bought the game but I didn't buy it due to the starting credit and couldn't find it again ever since.
Old 12-24-10, 06:58 AM
SLowEvo
Rookie

i have been a gt fan for a long time but this one is ehhh. gt5 to me all the cars sound the same.. u can never hear the turbo or blow off valve...and wheres the vegas 1/4 mile track?????
UGHHHHHHH I WANT MY MONEY BACKKKKK!!!
Old 12-24-10, 12:26 PM
Kira X
美少女戦士セーラームーン

Smile

I probably should've asked for Gran Turismo 5 for Christmas...

I guess I'll have to save up and get the SC300 on Gran Turismo 4 until then. Was the SC ever in the third game?
Old 12-24-10, 12:31 PM
ThomasGS4
Lexus Test Driver

Received 373 Likes on 218 Posts

Originally Posted by Kira X
I probably should've asked for Gran Turismo 5 for Christmas...

I guess I'll have to save up and get the SC300 on Gran Turismo 4 until then. Was the SC ever in the third game?
Nope, but there's an SC400 and GS400 in the second one.
Old 12-24-10, 03:36 PM
nivek5sfe
Pole Position

Originally Posted by SLowEvo
i have been a gt fan for a long time but this one is ehhh. gt5 to me all the cars sound the same.. u can never hear the turbo or blow off valve...and wheres the vegas 1/4 mile track?????
UGHHHHHHH I WANT MY MONEY BACKKKKK!!!
every car i drove in the game sounded like a digital vacuum cleaner.

PD needs to ask turn10 how to properly record and apply a cars engine note.
Old 12-25-10, 09:30 AM
sc4demon
Lexus Test Driver

yeah after playing gt5 for a while now i feel like they could have improved on a lot of things like the engine sounds, customization, and engine swaps, idk and you can't even get the sc that fast only up to around 600....whack im thinking of buying a xbox now just to play forza...o and the soundtrack for gt5 is so depressing....such wack music
Old 12-25-10, 10:03 AM
Kira X
美少女戦士セーラームーン

Smile

Originally Posted by 1UZ-GS
Nope, but there's an SC400 and GS400 in the second one.
I guess I'll play that one instead then. You never see the SC400 in games, just the SC430 and SC300.

Originally Posted by sc4demon
yeah after playing gt5 for a while now i feel like they could have improved on a lot of things like the engine sounds, customization, and engine swaps, idk and you can't even get the sc that fast only up to around 600....whack im thinking of buying a xbox now just to play forza...o and the soundtrack for gt5 is so depressing....such wack music
The more I hear about Gran Turismo 5, the more I don't want to get it.

I've heard far more negative things about the game than positive. I still want to try it out though.
Old 12-25-10, 11:41 AM
stillfly45
Rookie

Originally Posted by 3Rotor

I agree with you half way... At the end of the day, its a video game that I bought to entertain myself. Whether i want to build a true pure track car or a wildly ridiculous dream car.

If I have to swap a rb26 and an AWD drivetrain into my Nissan Versa to make competitive aganist corvettes and Vipers then why shouldnt I be able too?

In the real world, money can buy any swap, car, aftermarket part, etc. you want. So I feel like the ability to do ridiculous swaps in forza makes the game more realistic. Because if I (and probably alot of us on this forum) had unlimited money to put into cars, we would probably do some outrageous things just for the he!! of it.

Now if you want to be true to motorsports thats cool, and 100% up to you and how you play your game. But i dont think a game should limit itself just to be true to its genre.

Quick Reply: Gt5