SC- 1st Gen (1992-2000)

What did you do to your SC today?

Old 08-21-16, 09:26 PM
ar3
Pit Crew

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Sylexus
Cleaned just my interior today since the weather in central Texas has been so crappy for the past week. As soon as it clears up and continues with the regularly scheduled program I'll wash and add another coat of wax.

Soon: Full APT AC style polyurethane kit, 5Zigen Fireball replica mufflers, window tint (has NONE, I'm dying in Texas) black interior dye and still deciding on wheels/suspension set up.
Tell me about it dude, my SC all black leather interior + no tint = oven on wheels
Old 08-21-16, 10:58 PM
Sylexus
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by ar3
Tell me about it dude, my SC all black leather interior + no tint = oven on wheels
It also doesn't help that my AC isn't working. I charged it up with my old work's machine (used to be an auto technician) and it worked amazing for that evening. Went out the next day and it was back to blowing out hot. Now when I turn just my fan on it acts erratically. Goes from full blast to low, and back and forth.

No idea whats up with it. All I can say is that if my windows didn't roll down, I'd be parking her for a bit. lol.
Old 08-21-16, 11:17 PM
ar3
Pit Crew

Originally Posted by Sylexus
It also doesn't help that my AC isn't working. I charged it up with my old work's machine (used to be an auto technician) and it worked amazing for that evening. Went out the next day and it was back to blowing out hot. Now when I turn just my fan on it acts erratically. Goes from full blast to low, and back and forth.

No idea whats up with it. All I can say is that if my windows didn't roll down, I'd be parking her for a bit. lol.
That's weird, my climate control was acting funky too but it fixed itself today. Before my heater would blow cold air opposite of yours. But as I was installing a double din, I connected everything back; climate, hazard, etc. then I turned on the heater to see if the problem went away and it did. I originally thought it was my heater control valve, not that I need heat at this time of the year, but I'm OCD like that and needed to fix it.
Old 08-22-16, 03:45 PM
GTX580
Pole Position

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by CoOl21
Shout out to the guys over at JZZ30.com

nice, that is on my to buy list next month.
Old 08-23-16, 08:21 PM
BubbaGump
Driver School Candidate

Between last night and tonight I managed to get one engine mount out and a new one back in...waiting to be tightened tomorrow night. Other side mount is loose and ready to come off. Holy crap, this is turning out to be the most difficult thing I've ever had to do on any of my cars. I am used to Subaru and the more I work on my SC the more I appreciate my Legacy,
Old 08-24-16, 02:38 AM
ar3
Pit Crew

Originally Posted by BubbaGump
Between last night and tonight I managed to get one engine mount out and a new one back in...waiting to be tightened tomorrow night. Other side mount is loose and ready to come off. Holy crap, this is turning out to be the most difficult thing I've ever had to do on any of my cars. I am used to Subaru and the more I work on my SC the more I appreciate my Legacy,
Nice! I had a Legacy (NA 06') that I sold then got the SC300. You got that right about the EJ engines being easier to work on not sure about reliability tho
Old 08-25-16, 08:45 PM
Ramblerman
Intermediate

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Waiting to get it back from the shop, as I have been to busy to change the timing belt and such, so I have allowed some one else to touch my baby!
Old 08-26-16, 08:27 AM
LEXXIUM
Pole Position

Received 40 Likes on 36 Posts

After searching local junkyards for infinity q45 throttlebody, one finally shows up 4 months later and I was on it
I scored the throttlebody for my boosted2jz project and unneeded tps sensor to sell
i gotta clean it up a little, this is too exciting for my blood
here is a shot
Attached Thumbnails What did you do to your SC today?-image.jpeg  
Old 08-27-16, 06:56 PM
BubbaGump
Driver School Candidate

Default Engine & Trans mount

I finished my engine and transmission mounts. I included a pic of the old vs. new. The old ones weren't cracked or anything, but notice how collapsed they are compared to the new. I am so happy with the outcome, it really is a night and day difference. No more vibrations - engine revs smooth as silk once again and the sound is so much better. Car is back on jack stands as of this evening patiently awaiting a new timing belt.
Attached Thumbnails What did you do to your SC today?-enginemounts_edited.jpg  
Old 08-30-16, 10:11 AM
MrCJ305
Lead Lap

Took pics at the pump on my 370Z Enkeis before I swap them out for my new agressive staggered wheels
Attached Thumbnails What did you do to your SC today?-14191836_1080358535351050_1314379435_o.jpg  
Old 08-30-16, 11:45 AM
LEXXIUM
Pole Position

Received 40 Likes on 36 Posts

Sleek looking sc mrcj305!!!!
very clean
Old 08-30-16, 10:29 PM
oSUPRAo
Rookie

Got the oil changed, got seat covers, got all weather floor mats, put some air in the tires, and got 4 new valve stem caps. Coming up soon: carpet dash mat, wash, wax, full tank of premium.
Old 08-31-16, 02:40 PM
Bankswood
Lead Lap

can you tell me about the seat covers. Pics, price, etc
Old 08-31-16, 03:10 PM
oSUPRAo
Rookie

Originally Posted by Bankswood
can you tell me about the seat covers. Pics, price, etc
They are just black universal bucket seat covers. I bought a two pack made by Dickies at WM for around $20. They look great, they fit well, and they are cheap, which is exactly what I was looking for. I tucked the sides behind the seat controls and it hasn't come lose or blocked anything at all. I bought these specifically because I've had them in another car for a year and they have been excellent. I don't remember if they have tan versions or not but if you are just looking for seat protection look no further. When It stops raining I'll get a picture for you.
Old 08-31-16, 04:24 PM
ar3
Pit Crew

Originally Posted by MrCJ305
Took pics at the pump on my 370Z Enkeis before I swap them out for my new agressive staggered wheels
I like them wheels CJ

Got tints recently and also blacked out the chrome window trim, no pics of that yet.

Attached Thumbnails What did you do to your SC today?-2016-08-29_225526177_159b1_ios.jpg  

Last edited by ar3; 08-31-16 at 11:09 PM.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: What did you do to your SC today?