SC- 1st Gen (1992-2000)

19x9.5(f) & 19x10.5 (r) perfect fit....

Search this Thread

Old 08-15-02, 01:35 PM
Anthracite SC
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I saw your car on Kalakaua

I was in Hawaii from July 19th -Aug4th for vacation and I was working out at 24hour fitness on Kapiolani..on a late thursday night and was driving back to my hotel in my rental subaru outback...and I saw that exact white SC400 w/the rims driving across through kalakaua. It looks sweet.

Man..I wish I had my SC400 w/my leds/hids, and torque converter to floss around Oahu. Instead I was stuck in my outback. =(

For all the people who have big horsepower in the 808 state..exactly WHERE do you go to use it?
The only place to MAYBE drive fast is H3 in Oahu, but that is also a big risk cuz cops are everywhere.

Didn't they crack down on modified lights and stuff? It doesn't seem like it anymore cuz I saw lots of hid kits and blue lights all over the place.
Old 08-16-02, 08:18 PM
808state
Driver

For all the people who have big horsepower in the 808 state..exactly WHERE do you go to use it?
the track by cambells industrial park. they also have a road course in kapolei (i think).

there's no place to drive fast in hawaii... in other terms, we don't have long straight interstates like you do in the mainland. most of our roads are narrow, bumper to bumper traffic, crappy roads (though they make it nice for tourists in waikiki), with lots of curves (though not as bad as anna nicole :eek: ). suspension is a must since you don't have enough road for straight away speed.

if you are dumb enough to race on the roads here, i've seen a lot of dumb people do it on h1, h2 and h3 late at night. also, by the airport, there are wide lanes for straight away speed. being that this island is soo small, le (law enforcement) knows where are the "prime" places are. though, you can buy videos of kids in action drifting and going top speed.

but yes, recently, they've had sting operations where undercover cops would pose as racers in loud race me cars, come up next to to you, rev alittle to get you in, then you're burning rubber into the hands of cops a couple blocks ahead. this came about because one teenager flew his integra off the freeway (about 50 feet to the ground) and had his car split in 2 and another teen killed a lady early sunday morning while going to church. so you can imagine the lockdown that happened after that.

lately, i haven't seen too much le activity... haven't seen people get busted for blue hid lights (though they might get you when you try to get your safety sticker). however, they did recently go around malls and tag people with "blue" knight rider blinking led alarm lights. according to the law, only le can have blue lights on their car. talk about ****.

if you really want to see horsepower, you can go to the tracks every saturday to see the action. once there, you can find who has the horsepower because most of the time it's locked up in an artificially controlled environment to protect it from the harhness of hawaii's salt ocean. you have to remember, we're in the middle of the pacific ocean!!!
Old 04-11-06, 01:49 AM
sebban
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by Sc400on20s
Hey guys,
thanks for the props!

the front and back have a +43 offset and both are maxed out towards the inside.

I running a 235/35/19 in the front and a 275/30/19 in the rear, I could've ran a 245 but I like the streched japan look. I would drop it alittle but the dam front scrapes everything.

I didn't have to roll the front fenders. by the look of it I'm pretty sure that a 19x10 could fit.
I want to get the exact same rims that you had and I have stock suspension.. And you said it was maxed out towards the inside.
I see that you had Eibach pro kit, is that coil-overs?? (smaller diameter than original springs?)

Best regards, Sebastian
Old 04-11-06, 02:04 AM
ant1k
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Thumbs down

Originally Posted by 808state
the track by cambells industrial park. they also have a road course in kapolei (i think).

there's no place to drive fast in hawaii... in other terms, we don't have long straight interstates like you do in the mainland. most of our roads are narrow, bumper to bumper traffic, crappy roads (though they make it nice for tourists in waikiki), with lots of curves (though not as bad as anna nicole :eek: ). suspension is a must since you don't have enough road for straight away speed.

if you are dumb enough to race on the roads here, i've seen a lot of dumb people do it on h1, h2 and h3 late at night. also, by the airport, there are wide lanes for straight away speed. being that this island is soo small, le (law enforcement) knows where are the "prime" places are. though, you can buy videos of kids in action drifting and going top speed.

but yes, recently, they've had sting operations where undercover cops would pose as racers in loud race me cars, come up next to to you, rev alittle to get you in, then you're burning rubber into the hands of cops a couple blocks ahead. this came about because one teenager flew his integra off the freeway (about 50 feet to the ground) and had his car split in 2 and another teen killed a lady early sunday morning while going to church. so you can imagine the lockdown that happened after that.

lately, i haven't seen too much le activity... haven't seen people get busted for blue hid lights (though they might get you when you try to get your safety sticker). however, they did recently go around malls and tag people with "blue" knight rider blinking led alarm lights. according to the law, only le can have blue lights on their car. talk about ****.

if you really want to see horsepower, you can go to the tracks every saturday to see the action. once there, you can find who has the horsepower because most of the time it's locked up in an artificially controlled environment to protect it from the harhness of hawaii's salt ocean. you have to remember, we're in the middle of the pacific ocean!!!

unfortunately the state of hawaii had the zoning laws changed and would not renew HRP's lease so the track is closed as of apr 1st but to the dude who starterd this thread- sweet ride , we need to get the hawaii SCs together for a meet up sometime
Old 04-11-06, 09:14 AM
bruce van
Lexus Champion

Holy thread revival, Batman!!! 08/02.

Now that's what I call using the search button. Get looking car even after all these years.
Old 04-11-06, 09:28 AM
sebban
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by bruce van
Holy thread revival, Batman!!! 08/02.

Now that's what I call using the search button. Get looking car even after all these years.

Yup, took me long enogh to find it.. But I´m still waiting for an answer to my post above, pls...
Old 04-11-06, 11:36 AM
Sc400on20s
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I want to get the exact same rims that you had and I have stock suspension.. And you said it was maxed out towards the inside.I see that you had Eibach pro kit, is that coil-overs?? (smaller diameter than original springs?)

Best regards, Sebastian
Hey Sebastian,
The Eibach Pro Kit Springs was designed for OEM replacement with a slight drop and slightly stiffer spring rate, I believe it drops the car only .80 (maybe 1 inch) They are not coil overs, just springs. I think you can get a set for under $300.00. If I remember correctly, the diameter was the same as the OEM springs (not like coil overs). Just remember it's all about the offset!
Not sure if I mentioned this but I already had the rear fenders rolled so, I'm not sure if It had to be done or not, the front fenders were not modified at all.

the dude who starterd this thread- sweet ride , we need to get the hawaii SCs together for a meet up sometime
I'm up for that, IM me sometime

Thanks for the props guys!
- tann
Old 04-11-06, 01:00 PM
sebban
Driver School Candidate

Thanx a million, that ´s the info I needed!
Old 04-11-06, 01:49 PM
3kgt95
Driver School Candidate

Dang that look real nice, your car looks real nice for a 92
Old 04-11-06, 09:14 PM
VGnomore
Pole Position

Is that the stock pearl color on your sc ......looks great
Old 04-12-06, 12:59 AM
xknowonex
Lexus Fanatic

Looks very good
Old 04-12-06, 03:35 AM
visi0n
Rookie

Moar! Pics Moar Pics!
Old 04-12-06, 11:34 AM
Sc400on20s
Lead Lap

Thanks for the props!
Yup, it was the stock pearl white, original paint...
visi0n, I have tons of pics in my photo gallery.
Old 04-12-06, 01:16 PM
aswang
Lexus Test Driver

Received 20 Likes on 20 Posts

Alright someone just made it on my top all time favs' list