SC- 1st Gen (1992-2000)

It Was Nice Out Today

Search this Thread

Old 10-24-10, 04:23 PM
SChema
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default It Was Nice Out Today

I've been busy lately and finally got the chance to shoot some pictures for myself. Here's one for now.

Last edited by SChema; 10-26-10 at 09:04 PM.
Old 10-24-10, 05:28 PM
ClearP
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Love it! Clean and simple!
Old 10-24-10, 05:37 PM
2BENVD
Lexus Champion

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

nice and subtle
Old 10-24-10, 07:02 PM
1WILLY1
Lexus Test Driver

Received 194 Likes on 138 Posts

Agreed on both accounts--------my car right now is bone stock aside from some 20 inch chromes and i am seriously debating on whether or not to get a body kit.

I have a feeling that I will just lower the car a bit------tint the windows-----remove spoiler and call it a day---------I like the clean look as well.

Thanks for sharing.
Old 10-24-10, 07:14 PM
SChema
Lexus Champion

Thanks for all the kind words guys, it still has a long ways got go, wish me luck. The body lines of these cars look great as is, I just want keep it stock for now.

Updated first post with image #2.
Old 10-24-10, 07:29 PM
Li Ls4
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

very clean sc man. what r the specs of the wheels? i just love that fitment of the rear
Old 10-24-10, 08:01 PM
Hil
Lexus Fanatic

Looks great. Any closeups of the headlights? Are they supermade or eBay lenses? Thanks
Old 10-24-10, 08:57 PM
SChema
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by Li Ls4
very clean sc man. what r the specs of the wheels? i just love that fitment of the rear
The rears are 18 x 10.5 et 30 with a 5mm spacer, effectively making it a 25 offset. Rubber is 275/35/18.

Originally Posted by Hil
Looks great. Any closeups of the headlights? Are they supermade or eBay lenses? Thanks
Here's the only closeup I have.
These are factory lenses that I refinished inside and out with Plasti-X

Old 10-24-10, 09:01 PM
tuterz
Racer

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts

wow.. i thought they were clear lense... from the first pic.. they look great!
Old 10-24-10, 09:05 PM
1WILLY1
Lexus Test Driver

Received 194 Likes on 138 Posts

Originally Posted by 3Rotor

Here's the only closeup I have.
These are factory lenses that I refinished inside and out with Plasti-X

Interesting!!!

Can you please tell me how you refinished the lenses exactly.

How did you get the apart first of all and how did you get them back together is my main question---I pretty much know how to refinish them ---i think lol------sand with a high grit like a 1000 or 1500 and than coat with a plastic clear coat .

Thanks man.
Old 10-24-10, 09:07 PM
Kira X
美少女戦士セーラームーン

Received 409 Likes on 337 Posts

The car looks great man! You've definitely got the cleanest SC in town.
Old 10-24-10, 09:16 PM
Kira X
美少女戦士セーラームーン

Smile

Originally Posted by 1WILLY1
Interesting!!!

How did you get the apart first of all and how did you get them back together is my main question---I pretty much know how to refinish them ---i think lol------sand with a high grit like a 1000 or 1500 and than coat with a plastic clear coat .

Thanks man.
Personally, I wet sand mine with 1,000 grit sandpaper, then I use a heavy duty rubbing compound, then a polishing compound, and I finish it up with Meguiars Plastic X and Meguiars Ultimate compound.

After all of that I clean off everything and a coat of Meguirs Nxt Tech 2.0 wax. I also use some baby oil on top of the wax to enhance the shine and clarity of the headlights.
Old 10-24-10, 09:54 PM
SChema
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by 1WILLY1
Interesting!!!

I used the oven method to take the assemblies apart. 300 degrees for about 3 - 5 minutes to do the trick. Use a metal putty knife to gently pry on the edges to release the factory sealant. Don't use anything sharp or small in surface area, applying too much pressure on warm plastic will distort.

Once apart, I cleaned everything and wet sanded the exterior part of the lense with 1500 then 2000. Very important that you use soapy water and sand horizontally, no vertical motion or circular motion, only sideways.

Next, I used Plasti-X on both sides of the lens. Buffed everything clean and applied a coat of wax on the inside, buffed and made sure there wasn't any remaining residue.

I used Permatex 16B (black in color) to seal the assembly back together. Run a bead all the way around the crease and place the lens back into position. From there use your finger to smooth any excess that gets pushed out. Make sure you use enough to ensure a good seal; I used a bead that was around a diameter of 1/8 - 3/16 of an inch.

Use masking tape to wrap the assembly to apply pressure while it cures. Let it sit over night and finish off with two coats of wax and you should be good to go.

Hope this helps, it took me a solid part of a day to complete, roughly six hours start to finish.
Old 10-24-10, 10:01 PM
Kira X
美少女戦士セーラームーン

Smile

Originally Posted by 3Rotor
I used the oven method to take the assemblies apart. 300 degrees for about 3 - 5 minutes to do the trick. Use a metal putty knife to gently pry on the edges to release the factory sealant. Don't use anything sharp or small in surface area, applying too much pressure on warm plastic will distort.

Once apart, I cleaned everything and wet sanded the exterior part of the lense with 1500 then 2000. Very important that you use soapy water and sand horizontally, no vertical motion or circular motion, only sideways.

Next, I used Plasti-X on both sides of the lens. Buffed everything clean and applied a coat of wax on the inside, buffed and made sure there wasn't any remaining residue.

I used Permatex 16B (black in color) to seal the assembly back together. Run a bead all the way around the crease and place the lens back into position. From there use your finger to smooth any excess that gets pushed out. Make sure you use enough to ensure a good seal; I used a bead that was around a diameter of 1/8 - 3/16 of an inch.

Use masking tape to wrap the assembly to apply pressure while it cures. Let it sit over night and finish off with two coats of wax and you should be good to go.

Hope this helps, it took me a solid part of a day to complete, roughly six hours start to finish.
Wow! I had no idea you did all of that!

Are your headlight housings painted black?
Old 10-24-10, 10:03 PM
SChema
Lexus Champion

^, they had actually been apart by the previous owner, he had them painted black already.

Quick Reply: It Was Nice Out Today