SC- 1st Gen (1992-2000)

Someone Help Me! I Can't See Where I'm Going!!!

Search this Thread

Old 10-02-10, 09:31 AM
MattStarr
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Someone Help Me! I Can't See Where I'm Going!!!

Ok, some pinhead who own my SC before me put those p.o.s. halo led bull***** headlights from ebay on the car. Last night I finally got pissed off at them enough to pull them out to adjust the beams and stuff. As Im adjusting the headlight that *****ty little "halo" thing, falls out and is now wedged in front of the actual headlight and completely screwing up the beam to the point that I can barely see. And no matter how much I adjust them, the beams just shine everywhere except for the road in front of me. ARRGGGGHGAG I'm so pissed off, I could punch a kitten right now.

Anyways, could someone please direct me to where I can buy some OEM headlights? There's a couple pairs on ebay but I want to see if there are any other options. I was also thinking this might be a good time to do the HID conversion, so if anyone knows where to get good quality parts from I'd really appreciate it.
Thanks
Old 10-02-10, 09:37 AM
turbodremz
Lexus Champion

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

check the classifieds here on CL. Also try sending a PM to Aliga and see if he has any.

This is a great example of my comment about these things being cheap. Not only are they cheap garbage, but now its proven that they are dangerous.
Old 10-02-10, 10:17 AM
MattStarr
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by turbodremz
check the classifieds here on CL. Also try sending a PM to Aliga and see if he has any.

This is a great example of my comment about these things being cheap. Not only are they cheap garbage, but now its proven that they are dangerous.
Its funny, after thread seaching "headlights" the first thread and first post I read was from you say how much of a piece of crap these head light are. I'm honestly amazed that these can be legally sold as headlights. I have never seen such a ****-poor design from an aftermarket product.

Im going to take some pictures and post em up and try to get the word out on how much these suck so that hopefully none of my fellow SC owners will ever be tricked into buying these.

Last edited by MattStarr; 10-02-10 at 10:20 AM.
Old 10-02-10, 10:24 AM
TechGreek
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Why don't you bake the head lights to get the piece out? Just as a temporary solution until your new ones come in.

"ScottUrNot" I believe does the clear head lights. I've seen so much stuff the past few weeks that I'm over load.
Old 10-02-10, 10:36 AM
kwg
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by MattStarr
Ok, some pinhead who own my SC before me put those p.o.s. halo led bull***** headlights from ebay on the car. Last night I finally got pissed off at them enough to pull them out to adjust the beams and stuff. As Im adjusting the headlight that *****ty little "halo" thing, falls out and is now wedged in front of the actual headlight and completely screwing up the beam to the point that I can barely see. And no matter how much I adjust them, the beams just shine everywhere except for the road in front of me. ARRGGGGHGAG I'm so pissed off, I could punch a kitten right now.

Anyways, could someone please direct me to where I can buy some OEM headlights? There's a couple pairs on ebay but I want to see if there are any other options. I was also thinking this might be a good time to do the HID conversion, so if anyone knows where to get good quality parts from I'd really appreciate it.
Thanks
I really think this new wave of members seriously lack common sense, the for sale section is available for a reason. If that fails there is craigslist and the dealer

Last edited by kwg; 10-02-10 at 10:39 AM.
Old 10-02-10, 10:43 AM
MrBrock
Driver

If you just want OEM lights, use www.car-part.com, it's a database of scrap yard inventory, extremely usefull.
Old 10-02-10, 12:42 PM
TechGreek
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by kwg
I really think this new wave of members seriously lack common sense, the for sale section is available for a reason. If that fails there is craigslist and the dealer
Easy tiger. I'm willing to be he (like I) would rather buy them from someone that keeps them in stock rather than a third party.
Old 10-02-10, 12:46 PM
2turbo1sup
Lead Lap

Received 8 Likes on 3 Posts

junkyard

for sale section

craigslist

google shopping

ebay

amazon.com

lexus dealership (when all else fails)

you could have probably checked those at the same time it took you to search / read about it and write up a post.
Old 10-02-10, 02:47 PM
MattStarr
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by 2turbo1sup
you could have probably checked those at the same time it took you to search / read about it and write up a post.
Originally Posted by kwg
You know, for talking so much shlt to people about not reading, searching, or looking things up for themselves first, you guys don't really pay much attention or read things thoroughly enough yourselves. I specificaly said "I've already found a couple on ebay" but apparently you were to busy with your arrogance to actually "read" what I had to say. Not to mention that the point of this thread was more to warn people of these terrible aftermarket headlights and to share a story about my car with my fellow SC owners, and maybe see if anyone has any other random suggestions that I may not have thought of. Also, I may be new to this forum in particular but Ive been posting on other forums like yotatech and T4R.org for years. So next time you decide to jump down someones throat about something like this again, you should probably stop being a hypocrite and actually read what the person has to say and understand the point they're trying to make before you jump to a conclusion. The whole point of internet forums is so people who have common interests can have a place to share and swap information and occasionally tell a story or two. And I know that there are some pretty stupid people on these forums but in their ignorant little worlds they dont know any better. I have seen some pretty stupid stuff on here, but not once have I made a comment to put someone else down or make them feel stupid cause like I said, in their world, they dont know any better but thats what the rest of us are here for is to help bring them into our world (of knowing what the O/D button is for).

Anyways, sorry for being a douche but I've seen this a lot on this forum and I had to say something. Can we still be friends?
Old 10-02-10, 03:07 PM
2turbo1sup
Lead Lap

Received 8 Likes on 3 Posts

lol @ people blowing up online. Chillax and have a cold beer. Plus, you're not bringing any new information at all; everyone knows how crappy those lights are.

plus I answered this question
There's a couple pairs on ebay but I want to see if there are any other options

with this:
junkyard

for sale section

craigslist

google shopping

ebay

amazon.com

lexus dealership (when all else fails)
do you want me to hold your hand since you're utterly helpless lost and confused?

to prevent redundant threads, remember:

Last edited by 2turbo1sup; 10-02-10 at 04:52 PM.
Old 10-02-10, 03:09 PM
turbodremz
Lexus Champion

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

You know, for talking so much shlt to people about not reading, searching, or looking things up for themselves first, you guys don't really pay much attention or read things thoroughly enough yourselves. I specificaly said "I've already found a couple on ebay" but apparently you were to busy with your arrogance to actually "read" what I had to say. Not to mention that the point of this thread was more to warn people of these terrible aftermarket headlights and to share a story about my car with my fellow SC owners, and maybe see if anyone has any other random suggestions that I may not have thought of. Also, I may be new to this forum in particular but Ive been posting on other forums like yotatech and T4R.org for years. So next time you decide to jump down someones throat about something like this again, you should probably stop being a hypocrite and actually read what the person has to say and understand the point they're trying to make before you jump to a conclusion. The whole point of internet forums is so people who have common interests can have a place to share and swap information and occasionally tell a story or two. And I know that there are some pretty stupid people on these forums but in their ignorant little worlds they dont know any better. I have seen some pretty stupid stuff on here, but not once have I made a comment to put someone else down or make them feel stupid cause like I said, in their world, they dont know any better but thats what the rest of us are here for is to help bring them into our world (of knowing what the O/D button is for).

Anyways, sorry for being a douche but I've seen this a lot on this forum and I had to say something. Can we still be friends?

Agreed with the tone of some of the responses, especially from members that should know better. I know some of my responses arent the best, but I at-least try not be a straight up a** about it.

Those of you who just flat out pissed on the mans thread and completely missed his point need to go read through this:

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sc-...-sc-forum.html

To the OP, I think Aliga may be your best bet price-wise, and he is excellent to deal with and ships very fast. G/L with the find/replacement, hopefully this thread will clean itself up a bit.

Be sure to post up some pics of the lights too if you can. I continue to tell people they are garbage when they question about them, but never have pics for a reference. BTW, keep the clear lenses off them, you can mod them to fit the stock SC headlights for a cleaner updated look
Old 10-02-10, 04:23 PM
kwg
Lead Lap

1. ebay items are crap everyone knows that

2. I left a few suggestions on where you can search for headlights- for sale section, craigslist, dealer

3. I've been on multiple forums for years as well big whoop.

As you stated the forums are here for people to share information and swap stories, I'm definitely not against that at all. Sucks that your lights went out on you, but its pretty much common knowledge the ebay lights are bad however i am not saying your experience doesnt matter. what i am saying is that information has been shared for YEARS over the net and is readily available. you mention you've been on a couple forums for your (correct me if im wrong) 4runner so where do you go if youre in need of parts? im not being arrogant just keeping it real. Seeing multiple threads about stuff that have been covered numerous times gets annoying. searching isnt that hard is it? Some people are nice about it but i prefer being the ***, think of it as tough love
Old 10-02-10, 05:43 PM
MattStarr
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by turbodremz
To the OP, I think Aliga may be your best bet price-wise, and he is excellent to deal with and ships very fast. G/L with the find/replacement, hopefully this thread will clean itself up a bit.
BTW, keep the clear lenses off them, you can mod them to fit the stock SC headlights for a cleaner updated look
See everyone, this is exactly what I was looking for. Something (or in this case someone) that you cant just look up or search for. When I post threads asking for recomendations, this is what Im looking for. Any joe shmo can look for used crap on the net but sometimes other people know where to find better product for a better price. Thank you turbodremz a million times over.

lol @ people blowing up online. Chillax and have a cold beer. Plus, you're not bringing any new information at all; everyone knows how crappy those lights are.
plus I answered this question
with this:
do you want me to hold your hand since you're utterly helpless lost and confused?
to prevent redundant threads, remember:
lol to people being complete facking douche bags online. What are we playing Halo or something?

First of all Im not blowing up, Im simply pointing out an observation
Now don't you think that if I post a thread, asking for recomendations, that its probably because I've already searched all of the places/sites and I wanted to see if there was another place/site that wouldnt be common knowledge to someone who just bought their car 2 weeks ago?
Originally Posted by kwg
3. I've been on multiple forums for years as well big whoop.
you mention you've been on a couple forums for your (correct me if im wrong) 4runner so where do you go if youre in need of parts?
I was just responding to: "I really think this new wave of members seriously lack common sense"
I asked the people on those forums where the best place to get the part

Last edited by MattStarr; 10-02-10 at 05:58 PM.
Old 10-03-10, 12:19 AM
TechGreek
Lexus Test Driver

MattStar is right.

I'm sick of seeing "Search" like 99% of us that are new DON'T already search. I owned and ran forums for the 9th Generation Galant and if new members were treated like that the people that were rude would be temp-banned until they learned what respect was and how to be nice to new people because new people could be anyone, they all can bring something to the table and acting like that will just run people off.

And no offense, posting some mindless post telling people to look on craigslist or eBay is like me telling you to put gas in your car (aka "No **** Sherlock"). Some of us would rather have a direct source then a smart *** response to buy from a third party, or maybe a CL Discount, etc, etc.

Please read, and refresh your brain before making another post:

Last edited by TechGreek; 10-03-10 at 12:30 AM.
Old 10-03-10, 01:20 AM
Kira X
美少女戦士セーラームーン

Received 409 Likes on 337 Posts
Talking

Originally Posted by TechGreek
MattStar is right.

I'm sick of seeing "Search" like 99% of us that are new DON'T already search. I owned and ran forums for the 9th Generation Galant and if new members were treated like that the people that were rude would be temp-banned until they learned what respect was and how to be nice to new people because new people could be anyone, they all can bring something to the table and acting like that will just run people off.

And no offense, posting some mindless post telling people to look on craigslist or eBay is like me telling you to put gas in your car (aka "No **** Sherlock"). Some of us would rather have a direct source then a smart *** response to buy from a third party, or maybe a CL Discount, etc, etc.

Please read, and refresh your brain before making another post:
I totally agree with you on this. I can't stand when people tell someone to search, but don't necessarily point them in the right direction or help them find a link. Luckily, I did all of my research years before I bought the SC so I wouldn't have to search.

I would also suggest contacting Aliga or BALconnel on the SC classifieds forums.

Quick Reply: Someone Help Me! I Can't See Where I'm Going!!!