Faster SC400? - Club Lexus Forums

Log In 

Faster SC400?

Reply
 
 
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 09-01-10, 09:48 PM   #1
Ssergio86
Rookie
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: SC
Posts: 52
Default Faster SC400?

Ok so today i got owned by a G35 pretty much stock..plenum intake and exhaust. for the second time. first time I had my silencers, now after removing them, he only got me by a lenght and a half. (It was worse the first time)


So how do I make my SC faster?...no forced induction!...when i go forced it will be on a 1JZ. but for now....what do I do?? tips tricks, greatly appreciated!!!
Ssergio86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-10, 09:56 PM   #2
Trevstuh
Lexus Test Driver
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Tx
Posts: 1,089
Default

Is this from a roll or dig!
Trevstuh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-10, 09:58 PM   #3
SChema
Lexus Champion
iTrader: (2)
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Oklahoma
Posts: 1,736
Default

If you are certain that you are going 1JZ, you are better off saving your money until you do.
SChema is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-10, 09:58 PM   #4
t70 supra
Lexus Champion
iTrader: (-4)
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: W.I.
Posts: 4,016
Default

I really don't know what to tell you. I never lost any battles in my sc4 what intake are u running how restrictive is ur exhaust are u using a safc for a mile tune
t70 supra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-10, 10:04 PM   #5
LEXXIUM
Lexus Champion
iTrader: (1)
 
LEXXIUM's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: IN
Posts: 1,651
Default

What octane gas did you use? Those g35 nissans are pretty quick, what year is your car? Did you do a burnout before you guys took off?
Because if you don't warm up your tires you loose a lots of traction at a higher speeds

Last edited by LEXXIUM; 09-01-10 at 10:07 PM.
LEXXIUM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-10, 10:21 PM   #6
Ssergio86
Rookie
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: SC
Posts: 52
Default

2nd gear roll, it's obvious he is lighter than me, because i know we have similar horse power.

I have the OEM intake, and OEM MAF it's a 92
i have cats but 2" stright pipes in to the OEM big silencers.

I will go 1jz but it will be at least 6 more months bfore i ship on that one, in the mean time i wanna go faster. not crazy fast just faster than a G35 or 350Z...
Ssergio86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-10, 10:28 PM   #7
Kira X
美少女戦士セーラームーン
iTrader: (22)
 
Kira X's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: 東京都
Posts: 8,165
Default

Since I kept getting beat by NA Supra's, SC400's and LS400's in races with my SC300, I got one of those 4" round air filters and put it in place of my stock air box. I also have a custom exhaust which helps too. I can beat the Supra now, and I can keep up with the 1UZ's for a while. The air filter is $25 from Autozone and the adapter is about $15 from O' Reillys.
Kira X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-10, 11:14 PM   #8
t70 supra
Lexus Champion
iTrader: (-4)
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: W.I.
Posts: 4,016
Default

BFI center catz delete and mild safc tune is all u need
t70 supra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-10, 11:18 PM   #9
turbodremz
Lexus Champion
iTrader: (18)
 
turbodremz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: TX
Posts: 4,869
Default

BFI, high flow cats, full exhaust, LSD..but all in all, if your going with a 1J later on, let them keep beating you for now, save and go with a good single 1J later.
turbodremz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-10, 11:19 PM   #10
mattylexus
Driver School Candidate
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: FL
Posts: 14
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ssergio86 View Post
Ok so today i got owned by a G35 pretty much stock..plenum intake and exhaust. for the second time. first time I had my silencers, now after removing them, he only got me by a lenght and a half. (It was worse the first time)


So how do I make my SC faster?...no forced induction!...when i go forced it will be on a 1JZ. but for now....what do I do?? tips tricks, greatly appreciated!!!
Uh......G35 has anywhere from 261 to 306 hp stock and they weigh less....I dont understand why its hard to understand this defeat??
mattylexus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-10, 11:24 PM   #11
kwg
Lead Lap
iTrader: (1)
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: San Francisco, Ca
Posts: 671
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3Rotor View Post
If you are certain that you are going 1JZ, you are better off saving your money until you do.
thinking the same thing....
kwg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-10, 12:52 AM   #12
scENFORCER
Lexus Champion
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Vancouver, BC
Posts: 3,113
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattylexus View Post
Uh......G35 has anywhere from 261 to 306 hp stock and they weigh less....I dont understand why its hard to understand this defeat??
I think the OP uderstands the beat, but he just wants to fix that problem now ;-)
All the previous posters are correct, BFI, full exhaust will really help, LSD. Another thing you that will help with the weight issue is removing your spare tire. I remember a thread from a few years back of ppl who did this, all with positive results. It's a small thing, but anything to help that SC4 slug lol.

Last edited by scENFORCER; 09-02-10 at 12:55 AM. Reason: Stupid 4.0 firmware..
scENFORCER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-10, 04:38 AM   #13
okbobbo
Pole Position
 
okbobbo's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Ca
Posts: 216
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by scENFORCER View Post
I think the OP uderstands the beat, but he just wants to fix that problem now ;-)
All the previous posters are correct, BFI, full exhaust will really help, LSD. Another thing you that will help with the weight issue is removing your spare tire. I remember a thread from a few years back of ppl who did this, all with positive results. It's a small thing, but anything to help that SC4 slug lol.
BFI improvement is hard to beat for the $$$. In Cal you risk smog test fail if you mod the exhaust enough to make a dif.

Interesting. Might as well remove the jack, too, if you won't have a spare to exchange. Maybe I'll empty the trunk contents completely and weigh everything to see what weight savings you get.

Have you removed your wipers? Folded back your mirrors? Washed your windshield? Kept your windows up? Lowered rear tire pressure? Removed the rear and passenger seat and glove box and center console contents? Raced with near empty tank of fuel? Emptied your washer fluid? Just how silly do you want to get to race a LUXURY car? Wait until you do your swap.
okbobbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-10, 06:14 AM   #14
Kira X
美少女戦士セーラームーン
iTrader: (22)
 
Kira X's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: 東京都
Posts: 8,165
Default

Other than a BFI and exhaust, wait for the 1JZ.
Kira X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-10, 06:37 AM   #15
FireCode
Lexus Test Driver
iTrader: (1)
 
FireCode's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: College Station, Texas
Posts: 1,547
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ssergio86 View Post
2nd gear roll, it's obvious he is lighter than me, because i know we have similar horse power.

I have the OEM intake, and OEM MAF it's a 92
i have cats but 2" stright pipes in to the OEM big silencers.

I will go 1jz but it will be at least 6 more months bfore i ship on that one, in the mean time i wanna go faster. not crazy fast just faster than a G35 or 350Z...
1 question..did you do the 2nd gear roll from 20-30 or 40mph? If you did it from 20-30mph, second gear in the SC sucks *****!!!! You can thank Lexus and the 4 speed tranny for that. IF you are going to do a roll race in the SC400, it MUST be from atleast 40mph. Your options are IMF headers at $500-$700 (+20-30hp)
BFI which should be no more than 10 bucks. Look at planetsoarer.com for info on that. Exhaust which can be just deleting the cats and resonators for super cheap. However, you can get a pretty decent muffler setup from ebay at less than $300. Upgrade your plugs and wires. Seafoam your car, clean your throttle body. Do these things so you know your car is running right.
FireCode is offline   Reply With Quote
 
 
Reply

Related Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
92 sc400 speedometer issues Kingunis SC- 1st Gen (1992-2000) 6 10-21-15 10:35 AM
Iconic SC300 Build Thread Sett26 Build Threads 8 03-02-15 06:10 AM
Big Brake Upgrade Myths and Fact *LONG Discussion* gunluvS14 Suspension and Brakes 73 09-18-12 08:19 AM
MSD Digital 6 ignition w/ 2-step on my SC300 w/ vid ISFFUN SC- 1st Gen (1992-2000) 12 01-27-11 01:22 PM
i want to make my sc300 faster??? trini9227 Performance & Maintenance 3 09-06-10 01:27 PM


Tags
370z, 52, 96, beat, car, cars, delelts, faster, gear, horsepower, jerk, lsd, roadster, sc400, tips, tricks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 06:21 AM.


Copyright © 2000-2016 Internet Brands, Inc. All Rights Reserved