SC- 1st Gen (1992-2000)

Ebay Clear Lens Headlight Retrofit

Search this Thread

Old 08-14-10, 04:50 PM
eliteskill
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Mike1JZ
So I went on the search on this forum to see if it had been done & came across "eliteskill" & he's retrofit for some reference & an idea of the fitment.
If my pictures and posts helped you Im glad. Great work. It was not a perfect fit for me either, but they work great for me as well with some work into it. Mines been on for over a year with no problems.

Congrats bro. BTW I love the color of your car.
Old 08-14-10, 06:34 PM
Mike1JZ
Pole Position

Received 20 Likes on 17 Posts

Hey man, I've gotta give out my thanks, they were the first pictures I'd seen of the retrofit done before, so really helped my motivation to just go all out & give it a shot one day, no turning back.
Good to hear they haven't caused you any problems after a year too, are you still getting any leaking ?

And thanks alot brother, you don't see too many Silver Soarer's over here, so when I saw if for sale there was no questions asked.

Loving your SC too, that thing is fu*king grouse man.
Old 08-14-10, 09:54 PM
tacomonkey
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

They look great, the high beams are a perfect match, which was probably the 2nd best thing to accompany the clear lens. Have your head lights leaked at all ? And did you re-use the weather stripping & found the need for new double sided tape ?

And regarding the air ducts, I bought them from a body kit supplier in Sydney, they are a universal item. To cut a long story short I made an outline of them both, carefully cut them out & went from there.. real easy. if people are interested enough I will definitely make a thread on it. Some may say they don't flow with the rest of the body but they provide great air flow..
One light had a small condensation problem then I took them out and re-did the weather stripping. I used the stripping that came with my ebay lights. Haven't had a problem since.
Old 08-15-10, 08:41 AM
sadwafair3
Driver School Candidate

that looks good my dude. i was looking to do both front and back the same tinted.ebay also has some real good deals on lots of parts for the sc 300/400
Old 08-15-10, 02:01 PM
ScottURnot
Super Moderator

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Looks nice, Is there a excessive gap between the lens and the fender or just the pictures?
Old 08-15-10, 09:06 PM
Mike1JZ
Pole Position

Sounds good, & also good to hear no one has had any real problems. I will be re-fitting my weather stripping today, it will look complete then, like it should.

Originally Posted by tacomonkey
One light had a small condensation problem then I took them out and re-did the weather stripping. I used the stripping that came with my ebay lights. Haven't had a problem since.
Thanks dude. So you are thinking of tinting both the head lights & tails did you mean ? Yes eBay Motors is fairly decent for parts for the SC & Soarer. eBay.com.au on the other hand is a different story.

Originally Posted by sadwafair3
that looks good my dude. i was looking to do both front and back the same tinted.ebay also has some real good deals on lots of parts for the sc 300/400
Thanks mate. It was worth the attempt.
There is a slight gap between the lens & the fender but I think the pictures make it look bigger than what it actually is, once I put the weather stripping back on it will look fine.

Originally Posted by ScottURnot
Looks nice, Is there a excessive gap between the lens and the fender or just the pictures?
Old 08-18-10, 09:48 AM
tjcetanyan
Rookie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have done the same mod, leaving the housings factory chrome. I think they look awesome. I do get some moisture in from time to time, and there is a small gap between the fender and lens. I also need to shorten the aux bulb, as I removed the "condom", but I think it still looks spectacular. Let me know what you think...
Attached Thumbnails Ebay Clear Lens Headlight Retrofit-snc00156b.jpg   Ebay Clear Lens Headlight Retrofit-snc00085b.jpg  
Old 08-18-10, 01:05 PM
SC400TT
Lexus Champion

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Anyone have a pic of the "slight" gap at the fender with the rubber molding installed? I would like to see this from the correct angle, as this is important when retrofitting the headlight, and making the whole thing clear.

Ryan
Old 09-07-10, 01:11 PM
ClearP
Lead Lap

+1 for picture of the gap please!
Old 09-07-10, 02:31 PM
eliteskill
Lexus Test Driver

I will take a picture of mine when I get home. With the rubber molding its really not bad at all. Mine is without, but Mine is also on a blk car so you cant tell anyways.
Old 09-07-10, 02:35 PM
Soarer.jzz
Driver School Candidate

I have to do this now.... It will be the 3rd time I will have them apart. halo eyes were fun...
Old 09-07-10, 03:24 PM
SC400-PHAE
Pole Position

do you have a front view to see the intake ducts?
Old 09-14-10, 01:24 AM
Mike1JZ
Pole Position

Yes I do.

Not to improve looks but to improve air flow. This front bar is more of an experiment ! So I don't feel guilt for cutting it up. Until I can buy the late model front end, I'll be content.

Old 09-14-10, 08:33 AM
ClearP
Lead Lap

anyone with pictures of the gap please?
Old 09-14-10, 08:39 AM
turbodremz
Lexus Champion

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Yes I do.

Not to improve looks but to improve air flow. This front bar is more of an experiment ! So I don't feel guilt for cutting it up. Until I can buy the late model front end, I'll be content.

I really, and I mean really like the way that looks. Any hints on what you used for the vents?

Quick Reply: Ebay Clear Lens Headlight Retrofit