SC- 1st Gen (1992-2000)

JDM soarer that i bought today to import to aust

Search this Thread

Old 06-02-10, 03:49 PM
magneti
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

love the car minus the red, especially not the carpet. just not feeling it but id probably grow to love it. its unique and a super clean ride. i just much rather the other 430 interiors.
Old 06-02-10, 05:43 PM
Relapser
Pole Position

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by FireCode
Just a tip...Lay off a little of the My ***** is bigger than you ***** attitude mentality you have going on. This is a car forum where we all love cars. Whether you are from the US or AUS...seems like every post you make you have something in there about Americans etc. Nice car but the superiority factor is getting old real quick.
i don't have that mentality, my car isn't better than most of yours :S you guys have incredible cars... the tan black combo that you guys do amazes me - i wasn't being facetious when i made that remark - even the ones that aren't "higher spec" still amaze me

i'm just trolling - kinda would have thought you guys would get that by now..

the reason i have "something in there about americans" is because i have to type and speak in a way that you guys will understand it! we have completely different buzz words and languages - half the stuff i read off you guys makes NO sense to me...

so to talk to you guys (which i'm always happy to do so) means i have to:

convert measurement from metric to imperial
understand you guys drive LHD
convert kilometres to miles
understand that you guys have no clue about importing cars into aust and just omit the details and omit /why/ we have to pay so much for them

i'm not treating you guys like idiots i'm just making my threads / posts easy to read as possible for you all...
Old 06-02-10, 06:02 PM
Hil
Lexus Fanatic

Congrats! She looks great
Old 06-02-10, 06:05 PM
meangreen1
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

now thats cool
Old 06-02-10, 06:12 PM
Relapser
Pole Position

your MOM is cool :P

Hil!!!!

your car looks cool in your sig... are the wheels mismatched though?

i like the front wheels...

http://page11.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/auction/n83381865

^^^check THAT out... single turbo VVT 1J manual

vertex, riverside trafficstar DTS... black black

fyi - that sort of thing we CANT import

oh and thanks for the nice comments guys, makes me feel special... and

someone asked about wheel plans!

either 19" work VS-XX

or

19" anything in the work varianza or schwert series of wheels
Old 06-02-10, 07:29 PM
FireCode
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by Relapser
i don't have that mentality, my car isn't better than most of yours :S you guys have incredible cars... the tan black combo that you guys do amazes me - i wasn't being facetious when i made that remark - even the ones that aren't "higher spec" still amaze me

i'm just trolling - kinda would have thought you guys would get that by now..

the reason i have "something in there about americans" is because i have to type and speak in a way that you guys will understand it! we have completely different buzz words and languages - half the stuff i read off you guys makes NO sense to me...

so to talk to you guys (which i'm always happy to do so) means i have to:

convert measurement from metric to imperial
understand you guys drive LHD
convert kilometres to miles
understand that you guys have no clue about importing cars into aust and just omit the details and omit /why/ we have to pay so much for them

i'm not treating you guys like idiots i'm just making my threads / posts easy to read as possible for you all...
Cool Cool. It did seem you were being a little arrogant from the start but if I'm wrong, I'll say I was wrong. Thanks for the clear up. As a side note, I played baseball with a guy in the minors 2 years ago that had the boxing kangaroo tatooed on his arm...upside down So when he hung his arms to his side, the kangaroos head was pointed to the ground..Said he did it so the when he lifted up his arm at a 90 degree angle, he could see it upright....HE almost got laughed out of town for that one. I think he was from Sydney.
Old 06-02-10, 08:05 PM
GZZ-TT
Pole Position

Your picture of the front bumper on page two isn't working for me for some reason, but I think this is the same car... Check the Ultimate SC/Soarer picture thread.

I think I see red interior in the second pic, this must be it.

Last edited by GZZ-TT; 06-02-10 at 08:56 PM.
Old 06-02-10, 08:10 PM
koukii
Driver

Damn that's a beautiful car! Nice find!
Old 06-02-10, 08:13 PM
Copilot
Driver

Looks nice but why is it lexus badged?

I just recently bought a JDM 91 soarer, 5speed manual with a 2jzge in it for $4500 canadian. Doesn't have anything like coilovers or nice Work wheels though.

How much did you end of paying for this in total? How much does it cost to put a car on a boat and get it to Australia?
Old 06-02-10, 08:18 PM
metalgear
Lexus Champion

love the interior! car looks great!
Old 06-02-10, 08:46 PM
Relapser
Pole Position

FIRECODE - that's austrlaian humour really... we do dumb things to be ironic... not because we're dumb... same as i be arrogant for the lols, i'm actually very humble but i am simply being ironic... i guess that stems from our affiliation and influence from asia maybe?

now

1UZ TT i could literally KISS you right now thank you for that!!!! i had a discussion with my broker about how i had a theory that the prev owner had good wheels on it and kept the good wheels and put spare 17" on it to go thru auction... those pics confirm my theory..

and yes - i was reading the "ultimate" sc thread months ago and was lusting over this car even back then, i didn't know i bought it though!!!! so THANKS for that!!! i've sent that pic over to my broker - he'll get a kick out of it

CoPilot - it's badged as a lexus ... because... it is... Same as how we westerners are obsessed with "JDM" things, the japs are also obsessed with USDM things... before 2004 there used to be a niche market in japan for owners to import overseas make lexuses to have GENUINE lexuses to be like the americans...

so i guess the lexus badge is simply a "yankee" style for the japs... remember, the japs are obsessed with baseball!!! and that's aobut as american as can be..

as for the import process, it's not a case of just putting it onto a boat

here's an avg breakdown

95,000 yen FOB - this cost is de-registration in J, delivery to port n getting it ready for export

$1000 aud for shipping via RORO (roll on, roll off) these are boats which are like multistory carparks of the sea

$1000 customs and cleaning fees (make sure there's no bugs or animal matter in the car)

10% of the cost price is made into tax, then of THAT tax, we pay GST (a tax on a tax - just to make sure ya know - wouldn't wanna miss out on paying tax)

then $2,200 in compliance - this means bringing the cars emissions up to standard, changing the fuel filler funnel to AUDM standards, child restraint points etc - making the car compliant with current date deisgn rules applied to brand new cars

then registration costs

all up - you buy the car frieght on board... then budget about 6 grand on top of that n the car is yours

as you could see from the pic above - you can imagine this was not cheap for an SC / soarer... but for what i'm getting i'm more than happy...
Old 06-02-10, 09:29 PM
Kira X
美少女戦士セーラームーン

Received 408 Likes on 336 Posts

That is one clean car. I like the body kit and the interior is pretty cool.
Old 06-03-10, 04:17 AM
czar07
Lead Lap

hey Relapser you bought an amazing car! is the white one a 1jz too? i definitely gotta have a look at this black one once its in WA.

im pretty sure thats a modified 97 front and rear. i was looking at this same car the other day wondering how bloody awesome it was. great buy man!

you wont have to change the filler funnel as no one sells leaded petrol anymore. also a good tip is to take your curved driver side mirror off before compliance and put it back on after compliance. those crappy flat mirrors they chuck up during compliance suck.
Old 06-03-10, 04:34 AM
msc300
Lexus Test Driver

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

for some reason the interior looks blue and red and airbag looks black either way congrats beautiful car enjoy
Old 06-03-10, 07:00 AM
kyddo112
Pit Crew

i knew ive seen that car before! yeah its def in the other thread. looks nice though and i really like the interior!

Quick Reply: JDM soarer that i bought today to import to aust