SC- 1st Gen (1992-2000)

Calling all SC300 / SC400 / Soarers with Aftermarket Subs!! :)

Search this Thread

Old 05-13-10, 03:20 PM
Kira X
美少女戦士セーラームーン

Received 408 Likes on 336 Posts
Smile

Originally Posted by 96SC4
i'm pretty sure there is a thread on this already....i may be wrong.
all custom wood enclosures in the doors of course...

That's a pretty nice setup. How loud are those subs and is that a sealed box?
Old 05-14-10, 07:27 AM
96SC4
Lexus Champion

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

^^^thanks!
it's a sealed box. they thump...for 10's. it's more than enough for me(i'm not young anymore). i'm more about mids/highs for clarity/crispness than bass...
Old 05-14-10, 08:39 AM
Kira X
美少女戦士セーラームーン

Received 408 Likes on 336 Posts

I can totally understand that. I used to have 2 10"s and they would get crazy loud. Do you like the sealed box better than the ported ones? My friend is about to switch from ported to sealed so I figured I'd ask.
Old 05-14-10, 08:57 AM
96SC4
Lexus Champion

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Kira X
I can totally understand that. I used to have 2 10"s and they would get crazy loud. Do you like the sealed box better than the ported ones? My friend is about to switch from ported to sealed so I figured I'd ask.
honestly, i have no idea, i have only had sealed boxes in the past.
plus, this was done professionally, i don't mess with wires/electronic stuff
Old 05-14-10, 10:00 AM
evileagle
Lexus Test Driver

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

If your going to do it, do it right.....

Custom fiberglass enclosure with a JL 12w7. 1.325 ft^2 of airspace measured with water. Takes up practically no space in the trunk....Im actually in the middle of this install and im waiting on some dynamat, CCF, and some mass loaded vinyl barrier....ill post completed pics when done in about a week (im doing so many other projects at the same time)

Sorry about quality of pics, taken with cell phone (HTC Incredible)

Last edited by evileagle; 05-14-10 at 10:03 AM.
Old 05-14-10, 10:20 AM
kez
Lexus Champion

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

^^^^this is wat i wanna do to but might just settle for a lil bazooka tube since i have a 8" infinite sub in stock place
Old 05-14-10, 12:55 PM
evileagle
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by kez
^^^^this is wat i wanna do to but might just settle for a lil bazooka tube since i have a 8" infinite sub in stock place
It's well worth the time and effort.....Sealed enclosure with awesome sound, factory-like appearance, AND I get to keep 90% of my trunk space along with a spare tire if I need it(which i personally don't which is where carputer is going. 500/1 and 300/4 are going above gas tank all hidden behind false wall).
Old 05-14-10, 02:29 PM
Vincent123
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

^thats what I really want to do, I wonder how much it'll be to have a shop do this for me
Old 05-14-10, 08:00 PM
Clean400
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by evileagle
If your going to do it, do it right.....

Custom fiberglass enclosure with a JL 12w7. 1.325 ft^2 of airspace measured with water. Takes up practically no space in the trunk....Im actually in the middle of this install and im waiting on some dynamat, CCF, and some mass loaded vinyl barrier....ill post completed pics when done in about a week (im doing so many other projects at the same time)

Sorry about quality of pics, taken with cell phone (HTC Incredible)
Great job on the fiberglass. What's funny is that I was going to just going build a box in that location next week. I had already built an amp rack that's flush in the side of my trunk(fufumofutt's design), I was just going to modify it with a box behind it.

I'm probably going to buy a DLS OA10. Heard some good things about it.

However, I am willing to pay you to make me the same exact dimension fibre glass box. Let me know we can work something out on paypal or something. I'm good with wood just never used fibre glass.
Old 05-14-10, 09:17 PM
evileagle
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by Clean400
Great job on the fiberglass. What's funny is that I was going to just going build a box in that location next week. I had already built an amp rack that's flush in the side of my trunk(fufumofutt's design), I was just going to modify it with a box behind it.

I'm probably going to buy a DLS OA10. Heard some good things about it.

However, I am willing to pay you to make me the same exact dimension fibre glass box. Let me know we can work something out on paypal or something. I'm good with wood just never used fibre glass.
There's not enough room inside that panel to build a wood box, you just cant get the wood to contour like the glass. It has to be all fiberglass for the the inner part, but you can have a flat wood face if you want instead of the glass like I made it. If your serious about an enclosure, PM me.
Old 05-14-10, 10:20 PM
Clean400
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by evileagle
There's not enough room inside that panel to build a wood box, you just cant get the wood to contour like the glass. It has to be all fiberglass for the the inner part, but you can have a flat wood face if you want instead of the glass like I made it. If your serious about an enclosure, PM me.
Check PMs.

I guess I won't try that wood enclosure this week. Come to remember it, your right there is no room back there.

The SC is a such a limited car for audio systems. I'm used to just designed a big ported box to manufacturer spec and just throwing in my trunk. Not really an option for me if I still want to play golf lol.
Old 05-15-10, 12:55 AM
Vincent123
Lexus Champion

what would you guys recommend for a aftermarket 10in sub in stock location?
Old 05-15-10, 01:10 AM
miraluna
Pole Position

I have put Pioneer Premier slim sub...
Old 05-15-10, 05:09 AM
Clean400
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by miraluna
I have put Pioneer Premier slim sub...
Are you talking about this sub?

http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_...-SW1001S2.html

This is the one I purchased hoping it would fit in the stock location. Since the magnet does not taper in like most other subs it makes it difficult to install in the stock 10" location. If you were able to install this sub there please let me know how you did it. The only way I can see doing it is to either dremel the stock sub location or to mount the sub higher up and not hidden under the stock speaker grille.

Oh and how does it sound? Thanks.
Old 05-15-10, 05:34 AM
1JZPWRD
1JZ Single SC400

Received 15 Likes on 12 Posts

Some of these setups are nice. I went with the idea of hiding everything under the rear deck on top of the gas tank and just putting in a big box in the trunk. I like the way it sounds, but when you crank it, the deck lid rattles or speaker covers. I am using Alumapro 600 watt amp amp and 4 (8) inch sub in a sealed enclosure. Sounds very good for the money and effort I spent. If I can just get the rattling to stop, I would be 100% happy with it!

I completely removed the stock sub itself and using that whole as a port for sound to get into the cabin.

Quick Reply: Calling all SC300 / SC400 / Soarers with Aftermarket Subs!! :)