SC- 1st Gen (1992-2000)

Community Love.

Old 05-05-10, 05:27 PM
jinsoku3g
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Community Love.

I've been on CL for a few months now, and I gotta say you guys are great, the way everybody is here to help everybody out and support each other in many ways.. I just wanted to say thank you.. I've had so many different kinds of cars from a 300C, Eclipse, to Plymouth Prowler.. Solstice, MR2.. I gotta say this is one community I'll never leave.. I think I'm officially a Lexus junkie.. and that's how it should be!! (this is my third sc this year, im hooked)

I recently went on a few forums I used to be very active in with my previous cars, solsticeforum.com, spyderchat.com etc.. I don't post much after selling that type of car, but I do drop in and help out when I can etc etc.. I posted a few topics on other forums the past few days, just saying hello to the communities, and trying to keep in touch, see where former "buds" cars are going and all.. and in 3 days, theres plenty of views, and not ONE reply!! I think it's kinda rude!! From what I've seen with people that have sold their Sc's and what not, anytime somebody stops by, there's definitely the sense of community always there.. I look for that in owning a car, sounds weird.. but when we all have the same interests, we become like a online/offline family.. and you guys have been so generous to help me with issues, constructive criticism, all that stuff..

I just wanted to start a thread saying thank you Club Lexus All, and especially SC division, in making me part of your community and making me feel very welcome.

if it happens to be a repost, so be it.. I needed a thank you thread.

anybody else that loves this community, is more than welcome to chime in with CL support, doesn't have to be about me, just community in general..

you all have amazing cars, and it's great to keep up with your builds
Old 05-05-10, 05:43 PM
BostonSC4
Lexus Test Driver

The feeling is mutual bro. I love CL and thats why I sign on everyday to post what I can.

CL is a virtual gathering of a bunch of guys around a table each night talking cars.
Old 05-05-10, 06:42 PM
keskipper
Pole Position

Thumbs up

Amen...to both of you. Just joined last week and already saved about $1,250.00 by doing things myself that I would have paid someone else to do JUST BE READING posts on here...

So, THANKS to everyone who takes the time to help! Maybe one day, when I have done all I want to do to my "new" SC400, I will have the knowledge to help some other newbie.
Old 05-05-10, 07:20 PM
msc300
Lexus Test Driver

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

im wit ya c.l is the best
Old 05-05-10, 07:27 PM
scviolence
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

i heart CL.... lol best forum i've ever been on hands down...
Old 05-05-10, 07:32 PM
DKSc
Driver School Candidate

I'd have to agree, this forum is one of the best I've ever been on.
CL Members are always willing to help and try to find a quick and cheap solution to any problem you may encounter, which I really appreciate because my Sc is my daily and I'm 19 so I'm broke ALL the time lol.
Old 05-05-10, 07:34 PM
Banikid
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by DKSc
I'd have to agree, this forum is one of the best I've ever been on.
CL Members are always willing to help and try to find a quick and cheap solution to any problem you may encounter, which I really appreciate because my Sc is my daily and I'm 19 so I'm broke ALL the time lol.
Amen to that. Its like your my twin. 19 and broke.
Old 05-05-10, 07:53 PM
abounly
Lexus Champion

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Banikid
Amen to that. Its like your my twin. 19 and broke.
i'm your younger twin 18 and broke.. well not broke but i choose to spend my money wisely.

Yeah i agree with OP, i've been on zilvia, nico, rx7 club and they arent as nice as CL people.
Old 05-05-10, 08:14 PM
SClean93
Driver

I agree guys. I have little knowledge of cars period but this site is like a teaching tool just researching threads and asking Questions. ive been able to do many diy projects just by following other peoples threads...keep it up everybody
Old 05-05-10, 08:27 PM
the3rd
Driver

I'm in agreement also. I've been on different forums for over 10 years MB/BMW. I lurked for a while on different sites until I bought my SC. When I found CL I thought this is it . I think it's the best Lexus forum for the wealth of information and people on the board. Now I need to quit being lazy and make it to some local meets.
Old 05-05-10, 08:33 PM
MrFairlady
Driver

Well I actually Dis-agree with most of the comments.and I'm saying this because, is this a thread to Suck each other off or to actually Speak out about What Your opinion is on the Site?

-OP-
Not sure what you've needed help with so far ,but, I've found with what I'm doing and the help I could have used - There wasn't ANY.No reply's.
Maybe Because I'm a newb on this Site, doesn't mean I'm not on any others (Supraforums,Zilvia,EVOm,NASIOC,honda-tech,etc = owned many cars) who knows?

Most Commonly Needed Threads are Incomplete in MANY WAYS.I'm not talking about 2-4 post threads but I mean like 8-15 page Threads on a particular Issue that NEVER gets answered completely,or just people Up and quit OR even fix it and not let everyone else know!

I'm not sure & haven't figured out if its just that most people have OTHERS do their work (pay for work) for them or just plain Don't know/to lazy to learn.
If you ever get towards doing an engine swap,technical question or anything of that Magnitude - Get ready
(ie: anyone know what the Fuel Sending Unit reads on toyotas? 90ohms to 220 ohms??Empty to Full? for an aftermarket Fuel gauge???) - Prob Not,..or Not done on a lexus.
.Did you do your 1JZ swap yourself or Purchase the car like it is?
you can honestly say you found all your answers You needed when ASKED or Searching?

----bottom line------

I've had some here agree there is alot of Incomplete info that would help ALot but Seems trial and error will be the path for some.
More or updated Sticky's on Technical info/FAQ like Swaps and typical Issue fixes would be nice but 20's,puddle lights and body kits, owns a very big section of the SC300/400 side that i've seen.remember This is all IMO.

Now,maybe I'm a little biased and am taking out how I feel about of my Customers/Clients here,but damn if I don't feel like i get the same attitude or vibe on here as I do at work? Who knows.
Thats my $0.2.
now if you disagree I guess lets here it.otherwise this was a post that I think people may have not moved into the situation to need certain info like I'd like to get Quickly.

now Zilvia,...I am a Every day User (and love it) and maybe because of that I feel more know me and Help due to that (post count,Prem Member) or even Searching Seems to always bring up a concrete answer.nissans though,Aren't that hard to master.

"wheewwww".Been wanting to say that for a while since the beginning of this 1JZ swap I'm about done with.
Cheers!
Old 05-05-10, 08:50 PM
abounly
Lexus Champion

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Well of course if you post don't expect a answer right away it takes time and majority that look over the thread will probably just read and most likely wont know the answer to it. But yeah there are a couple of threads that don't get answers, but its a hell of a lot better than other forums.

I also agree with the engine portion, either it has been covered before OR no one knows about it and if someone does know about it they might not have time to go on the forums and maybe it has been pushed all the way down already.

Yeah there are times where i know the answer to the question of the OP but do not post because i'm lazy (yeah x_x) but most questions are already answered.
Old 05-05-10, 09:23 PM
TheBosSC4
Driver

Totally agreed with OP, Ive come from honda world, and subaru world. The only other place that was as helpful was RS25.com. But I have to say their is more love from people because there is more passion for the cars here. Its not always a contest on CL, unlike most other forums : (
Old 05-06-10, 11:46 AM
jinsoku3g
Driver

Ive posted threads that don't get answered for a few days, then ill give it a little bump and ill get a response.. if somebody doesn't chime in, they might be protecting themselves and you by not telling the WRONG answer and seriously messing up ur car.

in all respect ive had all my issues solved to far with the sc

and im BROKE because of my SC!!
Old 05-06-10, 03:25 PM
vietunit
Lexus Champion

I have to agree with OP, I mean whenever I press C or S in my browser, the SC300 section of CL comes up

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Community Love.