SC- 1st Gen (1992-2000)

viper 5901 install

Old 09-14-11, 06:50 PM
iwannadie
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Well, got the alarm installed and I got a bunch of issues of course lol.

Issue 1, I can't find H1/11 WHITE PARKING LIGHT OUTPUT = Green (-) located @ steering column @ switch . I looked all over, I see 1 green wire under the column basically right next to the steering wheel but I don't think thats the right one. I think it was coming out of a 4 or 5 pin connector. I am going to look for the mentioned green wire at the driver kick tomorrow instead maybe.

Issue 2, My driver side power door lock doesn't work open or close with remote or car buttons. Passenger side works just fine. I am going to double check the connection but it looked fine when I installed it.

Issue 3, I attempted to not use a relay for the truck and it didn't work ha. I am going to attempt the relay and if that works just go with that.

Issue 4 and biggest, Remote start does not work. I get an error on the keypad and then I can hear the parking light relay click 7 times. 7 "flashes" indicates "Manual transmission mode is enabled and not initialized.". My car is automatic and I thought it defaults to automatic?

I can't even get into the menu system, when I attempt to go into the menus it just goes into valet mode. I am guessing the door trigger wire is not correct at H1/8 GREEN (-) DOOR TRIGGER INPUT = Red/white drivers kick panel below fuse box and it thinks my door is closed. I am going to check that tomorrow, I only saw 1 red/white wire in that location though.

/install woes
Old 09-14-11, 10:17 PM
scviolence
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by iwannadie
Well, got the alarm installed and I got a bunch of issues of course lol.

Issue 1, I can't find H1/11 WHITE PARKING LIGHT OUTPUT = Green (-) located @ steering column @ switch . I looked all over, I see 1 green wire under the column basically right next to the steering wheel but I don't think thats the right one. I think it was coming out of a 4 or 5 pin connector. I am going to look for the mentioned green wire at the driver kick tomorrow instead maybe.

Issue 2, My driver side power door lock doesn't work open or close with remote or car buttons. Passenger side works just fine. I am going to double check the connection but it looked fine when I installed it.

Issue 3, I attempted to not use a relay for the truck and it didn't work ha. I am going to attempt the relay and if that works just go with that.

Issue 4 and biggest, Remote start does not work. I get an error on the keypad and then I can hear the parking light relay click 7 times. 7 "flashes" indicates "Manual transmission mode is enabled and not initialized.". My car is automatic and I thought it defaults to automatic?

I can't even get into the menu system, when I attempt to go into the menus it just goes into valet mode. I am guessing the door trigger wire is not correct at H1/8 GREEN (-) DOOR TRIGGER INPUT = Red/white drivers kick panel below fuse box and it thinks my door is closed. I am going to check that tomorrow, I only saw 1 red/white wire in that location though.

/install woes
1. I got mines from the wires running on the left side of driver seat under rug.

2. Check ur wiring
3. Shoulda just used the relay like i said
4. Check the valet switch
5. Check wiring
Old 09-15-11, 09:49 AM
iwannadie
Driver

Originally Posted by scviolence
1. I got mines from the wires running on the left side of driver seat under rug.

2. Check ur wiring
3. Shoulda just used the relay like i said
4. Check the valet switch
5. Check wiring
Yea I am going to check all my wiring again, I thought I was being so careful too it sucks ha.

For #4 though, the valet switch is plugged in and setting to on/off has no effect on remote start.
Old 09-16-11, 02:17 PM
iwannadie
Driver

Making progress, my H1/8 GREEN (-) DOOR TRIGGER INPUT = Red/white drivers kick panel below fuse box, was not correct. I pulled it and temporarily grounded the wire. I need to find the correct red/white to tap into now.

With the door wire grounded I was able to get into the viper menu and turn Off the MTS and remote start fired right up then would die instantly. I had to change the Tach setting so that it would actually run. So remote start turns on and I can remote turn off but the key doesn't turn off or activate the steering wheel, next on the list. I swear the first time the remote start worked I used the key to turn it off then the rest of the times it acts like the key isn't in the ignition.
Old 09-17-11, 09:47 AM
iwannadie
Driver

Progress again, I got the trunk to function with the relay no problem there.

I also got the parking light wire traced down and they work now, found it under the driver seat carpet.

Remaining issues are the door trigger input, I am having a hard time tracking that one down, just gotta keep probing ha. I swear there are only so many red/white wires by the drivers kick panel and I am just not finding it. Any info on what color plug it is going to, which direction is coming from/to to help me track that down would be good...

Also the tilt steering wheel needs resolved then I should be good to go.
Old 09-26-11, 12:13 PM
broda805
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

parking lights ,was it a green wire with some silvery dots on it? bundled with a bunch of other wires running along the side under the driver carpet
Old 12-24-15, 05:16 AM
megamax
Lexus Champion

bump, going to attempt this tomorrow I will make an actual video and have pics
Old 12-24-15, 05:40 AM
gerrb
Super Moderator

Received 429 Likes on 314 Posts

go for it buddy and document the wiring so others could be helped. I unfortunately didn't document mine since I had a lot of things going on that time with the car's wiring aside from the engine harness swap I was working on.

I did install Viper VSM250 and other sensors so the car can be started / protected / monitored from the Smartphone wherever I am.

You won't regret it . One of the best alarms for its price IMHO.

Last edited by gerrb; 12-24-15 at 06:24 AM.
Old 12-26-15, 10:38 AM
megamax
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by gerrb
go for it buddy and document the wiring so others could be helped. I unfortunately didn't document mine since I had a lot of things going on that time with the car's wiring aside from the engine harness swap I was working on.

I did install Viper VSM250 and other sensors so the car can be started / protected / monitored from the Smartphone wherever I am.

You won't regret it . One of the best alarms for its price IMHO.

dammit there you are gerrb. I had a question. do I just spice the x2 ign 1 cables together?
Old 12-26-15, 11:44 AM
gerrb
Super Moderator

Jim - I don't quite understand your question but this install guide should help you. You would need to cut the ignition cables near the key cylinder on your steering column. I am not too sure if I posted pictures on my build thread but am pretty sure I did mention something about the 5901

http://pdf.ampire.de/viper/N5702_2009_09%20web.pdf

http://www.directeddealers.com/manua...2008_08web.pdf
Old 12-26-15, 12:49 PM
megamax
Lexus Champion

there are x2 sets of wires going to ignition 1 and ignition 2. do I just merge both the wires of ign 1 together and put them to the ign 1 side of the car?
Attached Thumbnails viper 5901 install-car-diagram.jpg   viper 5901 install-x2-ign.jpg  
Old 12-26-15, 04:04 PM
gerrb
Super Moderator

where the hell did you get those instructions ? Something is not right ....

on your second picture .. it says on H3 which is the 10 pin connector (with the big wires) that pin 6 and 7 are starter input / output .... they are suppose to be pin 4 and 5 as per the instructions I attached and even on page one of this thread .. pin 4 and 5 are starter in / out . Your instructions have the numbering inverted , the way I see it.
Old 12-26-15, 06:15 PM
megamax
Lexus Champion

you have instructions from a different viper model. I have the 5706v yours is the 5901

I have a

10 pin

24 pin

and a 6 pin
Old 12-26-15, 06:27 PM
megamax
Lexus Champion

I already have an avital 4100 installed on the car(1 way) and I want to install this viper. so here are the wires I have left that I don't know where they go.
Attached Thumbnails viper 5901 install-the-wires.jpg  
Old 12-26-15, 06:32 PM
megamax
Lexus Champion

here is the diagram for my current alarm system(avital 4100)
Attached Thumbnails viper 5901 install-avital-diagram.jpg   viper 5901 install-avital-key.jpg  

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: viper 5901 install