SC- 1st Gen (1992-2000)

2JZGE Na-T TT Ecu Mod

Search this Thread

Old 02-26-14, 05:42 AM
Soarin96
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I totally agree. I'll save the coils for when I need to go standalone. No need to reinvent the wheel here! Ha
Old 03-05-14, 08:41 PM
Ali SC3
Lexus Champion

Received 438 Likes on 368 Posts

I think I figured out how to make the auto ecu not pull timing on a manual trans when it thinks it should be shifting the auto at a certain speed.
after reading the toyota manual I think the answer is to wire it so it thinks it is in "L" after you start it.
I don;t have a gear selector on my car since its an original 5 speed but I will find some way to do it at the ecu, I think I just need a resistor from the L pin to ground, but not sure what resistance yet. will update later on.

If that doesn't do it I will probably find a way to hard wire up the Performance/comfort mode switch to performance so at least the shift points are better.

Last edited by Ali SC3; 03-05-14 at 08:45 PM.
Old 03-08-14, 02:57 PM
sj408
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

FYI guys talking about mk3 injectors and resistor packs. you can pick up high impedance 440cc lucas brand (or seen it under "delphi") for cheap, I got mine for 100 bucks or so.
Old 03-09-14, 09:25 AM
HiPSI
Lexus Test Driver

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by sj408
FYI guys talking about mk3 injectors and resistor packs. you can pick up high impedance 440cc lucas brand (or seen it under "delphi") for cheap, I got mine for 100 bucks or so.
Is there a certain part number for this lucas "delphi" 440cc injector? Everyone I've searched for is for a honda or another platform I can't seem to find any that will 100% bolt in or specifies for the lexus sc300 or NA supra.

Would these be them? Looks like the connector is EV1, body style is EV1 so the connector pigtails are probably needed?
Delphi - 42 lb 440cc High Impedance
Delphi 621031
Lucas 01D030B

http://injector-rehab.com/shop/Delph...40cc-High.html

Or from Racetronix:
http://www.racetronix.biz/itemdesc.a...1D030x&eq=&Tp=

Looks like they have wiring adapters to for $7.20 a piece:
http://www.racetronix.biz/itemdesc.asp?ic=IA-TM&eq=&Tp=

Last edited by HiPSI; 03-09-14 at 09:35 AM.
Old 03-09-14, 02:30 PM
sj408
Instructor

Originally Posted by HiPSI
Is there a certain part number for this lucas "delphi" 440cc injector? Everyone I've searched for is for a honda or another platform I can't seem to find any that will 100% bolt in or specifies for the lexus sc300 or NA supra.

Would these be them? Looks like the connector is EV1, body style is EV1 so the connector pigtails are probably needed?
Delphi - 42 lb 440cc High Impedance
Delphi 621031
Lucas 01D030B

http://injector-rehab.com/shop/Delph...40cc-High.html

Or from Racetronix:
http://www.racetronix.biz/itemdesc.a...1D030x&eq=&Tp=

Looks like they have wiring adapters to for $7.20 a piece:
http://www.racetronix.biz/itemdesc.asp?ic=IA-TM&eq=&Tp=
Those look like it! 35 bucks a piece can't go wrong

oh, yeah. Mine came with connectors so forgot to mention. Youll spend a couple bucks on those too. 2 wires so it's a breeze compared to wiring in resistor packs. Also seen a guy on ebay called "osidetiger" with plug and play ones for reasonable but can't speak for em past that.

Also wanted to note for the thread today i switched to bkr7eix and it seems very crisp and smooth but maybe not quite as powerful as with the bkr6 double plats
Old 03-09-14, 06:50 PM
Soarin96
Rookie

Picked up my new engine. Complete with harness and auto trans. Going to pull it apart for fresh gaskets, oil pump, water pump and arp studs. Will be installing a TT gasket.Nothing fancy. I'll check the bearing clearances. Going to mock up all the turbo stuff on a stand and swap out the engine. Want to keep the car down as little as possible. Speaking of injectors, that's all I need from the tt ecu mod. Keep this thread alive I'll post pics soon.
Old 03-10-14, 01:45 PM
Ali SC3
Lexus Champion

good to know about the injectors. Guys I have had people PM'ing me from time to time with issues with doing the mod. usually a wiring issue or bad part but I am going to direct people here and lets try and help them out and get everyones running, I simply can't help individually one on one anymore with this seems to be becoming pretty popular as I am assuming there are lots of people who have done it and not posted up about it also. It works so that part is not really debatable that is can or can't work follow the instructions closely and if you are not sure post it up, I wouldn't recommend guessing and later forgetting about it and having to troubleshoot then.
Old 03-10-14, 05:56 PM
6SOARER
Lexus Test Driver

Some of you may know, I had a surge problem at WOT-full boost. I was running 660s and thought the injectors were too large. So I replaced them with some 500s, the problem was still present. Now I know, the injectors had nothing to do with my surge.

I replaced my plugs and wires today, and all I can say is, Wooohoooo! My SC is a complete different monster. It pulls hard at mid speed where it usually surged. PROBLEM SOLVED . I cant stop grinning, my hard work has paid off. It can improve from a dead start but Im happy that we figured this out .

I should have bought new parts to begin with, the swap would have been a lot smoother, but I guess you live and learn, eh!

I am thinking about re-installing the 660s again someday, just to see if it does anything. All I need to do now is the resistor and A/C fix. I see the link for the A/C fix using the GTE ECU but where is that TACH fix? I need to know what resistor to use and what to jump?

Thanks again to everybody who helped out, especially Ali. Appreciate you taking your time to put this together, nice mod my friend

Last edited by 6SOARER; 03-10-14 at 08:45 PM.
Old 03-10-14, 07:42 PM
BuffNStuff
Pole Position

Awesome! Congrats man. Get that thing on a dyno or to a track! I wanna see what these setups are capable of.
Old 03-10-14, 09:59 PM
myLEXsc400
Lexus Test Driver

Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by 6SOARER
Some of you may know, I had a surge problem at WOT-full boost. I was running 660s and thought the injectors were too large. So I replaced them with some 500s, the problem was still present. Now I know, the injectors had nothing to do with my surge.

I replaced my plugs and wires today, and all I can say is, Wooohoooo! My SC is a complete different monster. It pulls hard at mid speed where it usually surged. PROBLEM SOLVED . I cant stop grinning, my hard work has paid off. It can improve from a dead start but Im happy that we figured this out .

I should have bought new parts to begin with, the swap would have been a lot smoother, but I guess you live and learn, eh!

I am thinking about re-installing the 660s again someday, just to see if it does anything. All I need to do now is the resistor and A/C fix. I see the link for the A/C fix using the GTE ECU but where is that TACH fix? I need to know what resistor to use and what to jump?

Thanks again to everybody who helped out, especially Ali. Appreciate you taking your time to put this together, nice mod my friend
what does "sure problem" mean? wasn't boosting right?
Old 03-11-14, 09:23 AM
Ali SC3
Lexus Champion

Nice find!! glad it worked out, was scratching my head a little bit on that one. Now I really do wonder how those 660's would have driven but probably not perfect without a fuel controller so don't worry about it just enjoy with the 500's for now and get in some drive time.

yeah it sounded like it was washing out the spark we thought from being to rich but could also be ignition. I just ruled that out cause of using coilpacks I though you all would use new plugs bkr6eiz or bkr7eix, and usually the oem wires are ok but I got some NGK's from amazon so I never dealt with a bad wire either.

Someone just messaged me with a code 14 ignition problem. I am pretty sure they didn't wire up the IGF signal on the new ignitor right as that is usually what causes that code. symptom is car starts and shuts off after a few seconds, which is what the book says when no IGF is received.
Old 03-11-14, 11:10 AM
SCereal
Lead Lap

Just an odd thought but could you do this mod BEFORE going turbo? Car should run fine right just never see any boost? I wouldn't mind doing this mod first before I strap the turbo on to make sure everything is running right and kosher before trying to boost. thoughts?
Old 03-11-14, 12:37 PM
Ali SC3
Lexus Champion

I don't think anyone has done that yet but I can't think of a good reason why it wouldn't work.
US ecu with the maf will still measure the air correctly and a JDM with the map will still register the vac correctly, so really the fueling should be fine still as long as you install a good o2 sensor in there.
I would give it a try it should work just fine especially if its semi-temporary.
Old 03-11-14, 12:47 PM
SCereal
Lead Lap

I couldn't think of a reason either, might give it a shot. if nothing else for education purposes. thx!
Old 03-11-14, 01:38 PM
Ali SC3
Lexus Champion

no problem let us know how it goes if you beat me to it. I started my 96 sc300 motor into my toyota pickup project again (I had previously given up on it) so if I do get a turbo ecu for it I will give it a try and let you guys know as it will be n/a first so I can iron out any issues and then turbo later on after that. Might even try it with the stock distributor once and for all, but it will be at least till summer till that swap is under way. So I was thinking about doing the same thing is why I could say that it will most likely work, I usually don't attempt things that have no chance of working even when I did the tt ecu mod I knew it would work if I put every single gte part on there, but luckily that was far from the case.

Quick Reply: 2JZGE Na-T TT Ecu Mod