SC- 1st Gen (1992-2000)

2JZGE Na-T TT Ecu Mod

Search this Thread

Old 11-26-12, 12:49 PM
ishootstuf
Lead Lap

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I recirculated my dump tube years ago. I like it so much more without the "screamer pipe".

Oh, and here's one of my handicap scooters...

Old 11-26-12, 03:17 PM
Ali SC3
Lexus Champion

Received 438 Likes on 368 Posts

thats pretty hilarious, I can only wonder what happened the first time before the wheelie bar was installed.
Old 12-05-12, 09:04 AM
ishootstuf
Lead Lap

This surging is driving me batty!

I discovered that having the TPS improperly adjusted screws up timing though. If you have it wrong, it makes the jumper of the DLC have no effect.

I can't get the TPS to adjust properly. If I have it set at the .65 volts off the yellow wire, (both at the ECU and at the TPS) then it's not right because the timing goes waaaay advanced and the jumper has no effect. I tried the method backing it off with the jumper in until the timing drops back down, but it still surges. I tried adjusting using the feeler gauge, but it still surges.

I just realized as I was typing this that I need to find that capacitor and make the OBD cable thing and maybe I can see what's going on.

I got fed up and cleaned up and painted my center console trim pieces.

Before:

After:
Old 12-06-12, 03:27 PM
Ali SC3
Lexus Champion

Received 438 Likes on 368 Posts

yeah the tps can mess up a number of things. I just keep moving it until it is happy, never needed any feelers or a fluke for it.
I slide on the tps on where its aligned up with the screw holes and the edges of the tps on the bacskide are in contact with the metal parts that turn it, but I make sure the tps is not turned at all when sliding it on. Once its resting on it I turn the tps a hair over until I can feel the pressure of the tps being turned. As soon as I feel that I tighten it down, and make small adjustments from there.
from there I am usually pretty close, a couple blips of the throttle will tell you if its decelerating properly.
Old 12-06-12, 04:55 PM
spoolxexo
Lexus Test Driver

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by ishootstuf
I just realized as I was typing this that I need to find that capacitor and make the OBD cable thing and maybe I can see what's going on.

Couldn't hurt!
Old 12-15-12, 06:51 AM
ishootstuf
Lead Lap

FINALLY FIXED THAT F***ING SURGING!

After all that work and testing and tweaking and checking, it turns out I have a bad coil or igniter. I went back to my Ford coil setup and ES300 igniter and it runs beautiful. It runs sooooo smooth now. I can't even feel the engine running. The electric fans vibrate more than the engine. FINALLY!!!!

Never did get the OBDI cable to work.

Now I have to fix the truck, my laptop, the latest 2 wheeled addition, and I have been informed that the dryer broke yesterday.
Old 12-15-12, 07:15 AM
spoolxexo
Lexus Test Driver

Good job!

I just got my car running last night on the 3mz internally ignited coils, and ditched the external igniter box!
Old 12-15-12, 07:17 AM
spoolxexo
Lexus Test Driver

Question:

I am running the GE TPS on the GTE Throttle body, and the voltage output is backwards!

When I reverse the GND and 5V, the signal wires show 2.33 and 12 volts on them!

Anyone using the GTE throttle body on their NA-T?
Old 12-15-12, 08:36 AM
spoolxexo
Lexus Test Driver

Toyota's Internally ignited coils work awesome!

No more strut mounted igniter box!

Old 12-15-12, 09:32 AM
ishootstuf
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by spoolxexo
Toyota's Internally ignited coils work awesome!
I'm sure they do, but I didn't have any of those laying around! I also still have the stupid GE intake, so that's a no go.
Old 12-17-12, 04:00 PM
suprbad
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hello Club... Noobie here
I have read thru all the pages of this thread---And nice work ! :-) I am still a lil confused on what ECU I should use for my car, And If will even have any benefits at at all...?...
I have a 1996 OB2 Automatic Supra W a 2JZ GE- I have A Custom turbo From a shop in San Bern CA using the crappy XS mani, Thicker HG, ARP studs, 225walbro, Wideband O2, Electric Dual Fans W Derale controller, 10 PSI spring...
I am having issues cuurrently as sometime the car runs great and smooth-Then half the time it runs like crap misfiring all over the place.. throws a CEL saying Random multiple misfire-- But the widebank shows optimal -WTF.?. is this because it is trying to adjust itself? I have also tried removing the boost pipe from throttle body and running an intake filter thru the MAF and still runs like crap with no boost at all... THIS BLOWS!!
I Do Have a new VAFC2 and RC 440's I could use- Id rather sell the VAFC and maybe use this mod to fix the ECU so I can actually run a Turbz and also use the RC 440's...

So do I just need the TT JDM ECU and use the 440's .?.
Or do I have to use the TT USDM ECU and find 550's .?.
From reading the thread- It states that I have to keep the MAF since I have the auto trans.?. Is this correct?
Please help- :-)
Old 12-19-12, 09:43 PM
RickyDavis
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Finally got it running but it doesn't stay running for too long though:

Old 12-20-12, 05:52 AM
99SC42
gte & na-t

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by suprbad
Hello Club... Noobie here
I have read thru all the pages of this thread---And nice work ! :-) I am still a lil confused on what ECU I should use for my car, And If will even have any benefits at at all...?...
I have a 1996 OB2 Automatic Supra W a 2JZ GE- I have A Custom turbo From a shop in San Bern CA using the crappy XS mani, Thicker HG, ARP studs, 225walbro, Wideband O2, Electric Dual Fans W Derale controller, 10 PSI spring...
I am having issues cuurrently as sometime the car runs great and smooth-Then half the time it runs like crap misfiring all over the place.. throws a CEL saying Random multiple misfire-- But the widebank shows optimal -WTF.?. is this because it is trying to adjust itself? I have also tried removing the boost pipe from throttle body and running an intake filter thru the MAF and still runs like crap with no boost at all... THIS BLOWS!!
I Do Have a new VAFC2 and RC 440's I could use- Id rather sell the VAFC and maybe use this mod to fix the ECU so I can actually run a Turbz and also use the RC 440's...

So do I just need the TT JDM ECU and use the 440's .?.
Or do I have to use the TT USDM ECU and find 550's .?.
From reading the thread- It states that I have to keep the MAF since I have the auto trans.?. Is this correct?
Please help- :-)
Please Read this thread one more time!

Last edited by 99SC42; 12-20-12 at 06:00 AM.
Old 12-20-12, 07:30 AM
spoolxexo
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by RickyDavis
Finally got it running but it doesn't stay running for too long though:

Take the cap off your distributor!

If it stalls, you have a sensor problem.
Old 12-20-12, 07:47 AM
ishootstuf
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by spoolxexo
Take the cap off your distributor!
I think he meant rotor. You don't need that. Where is your MAP connected and what is your timing set at with the jumper in place?

Quick Reply: 2JZGE Na-T TT Ecu Mod