2JZGE Na-T TT Ecu Mod

Search this Thread

Old 08-21-16, 05:38 PM
scsexy
Advanced

Received 76 Likes on 68 Posts

So Ali,

I installed the JDM supra ecu 89661-14770 6 speed ecu

I did everything except the 4 wire o2 sensor.
No turbo yet was trying to get the wiring right so i can put the turbo on with minimal issues,
vvti coils
d62 ignitor
Toyota TT map sensor 2.3 bar
gm IAT sensor ^ both wired as per diagram on page 1 only difference i used the both brown ground wires(from the cut off MAF) instead of the pin 1 ground because once i cut the sensor off i couldn't tell which was which =( . they ground the Map sensor the other grounds the IAT temp sensor... could that cause these issues?
I also have that 1 wire not used on the new ignitor, C- from the old ignitor.

I tried rotating the distributor to get it to run better but no difference so i didn't set timing yet. its really running bad and dies/ bucks and vibrates..

I have a 93 5 speed was running great before. I got the car started but I"m getting code 21 for o2sensor and code 47 for Sub-Throttle Position Sensor Signal? its running really rough not responding to giving it gas...

I'll try merging the grounds and just try one first then the other.

Thank god i have my truck but i think need help lol

Last edited by scsexy; 08-22-16 at 07:45 AM.
Old 08-22-16, 07:48 AM
Ali SC3
Lexus Champion

Received 438 Likes on 368 Posts

that code is saying there is an issue with the map sensor nothing to do with the maf anymore. It is likely you just have a bad map sensor.
see if you can check the voltages on the signal pin of the map sensor with engine off key on and then engine on key on.
I would try and use the same ground as in the diagram and see if that changes anything, I am not positive if you can use either one anymore but majority of the time when this happens its a bad map sensor.
Old 08-22-16, 09:07 AM
gerrb
Super Moderator

Received 429 Likes on 314 Posts

Originally Posted by Ali SC3
^^ That would be fun to see especially with your attention to detail, and with your wiring skills it'd probably be a walk in the park for you.
Could even keep the high compression and squeeze out some more fun but would probably want standalone + E85 for that.
I figure all your SC's have engines in them by now but you could always get another one
Actually I have another shell without any engine / transmission with a good title. I just don't know if I really wan't another SC with the 4 2jzgte SC I have. Maybe if one day just to keep me busy I will. It's just that I literally have all the parts laying around. That is why the thought always come around.

Lately this thread has been blowing my mind, every couple days I check it there is like another 1000+ views, its nuts.
I wish I had some idea of how many people have done this mod now, its probably something ridiculous.

I rolled up to a toyota car meet late a couple months ago and was talking to a few other people with SC's, I didn't bring mine out because it was right after the hit and run, and they were talking about the tt ecu mod... I was like cool yeah that's a good mod

Also I apologize to everyone for driving up the cost of JDM 2jzgte ecu's, my bad on that one.
Yeah this thread surely gets tons of views because it helps a lot of people ! I have been there about people talking about my cars. Like at least twice, I met some people in a gas station because of a part they wanted and were buying. They ask me if I knew the guy on supraforums / clublexus who has 4 MKIVs and 4 SCs and I simply say I heard about him, lol. And they start talking about the SCs on my build thread and I pretend not to know anything .

Old 08-22-16, 12:40 PM
scsexy
Advanced

Thank you so much Ali for your quick responce.

I had my 2 coils wires running from the ecu to the ignitor switched. lol now shes running well about to put a timing light on it.
Old 08-23-16, 08:02 AM
Ali SC3
Lexus Champion

that would do it, but odd on the code that came out. glad you figured it out.
Old 08-23-16, 08:20 AM
Ali SC3
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by gerrb
Actually I have another shell without any engine / transmission with a good title. I just don't know if I really wan't another SC with the 4 2jzgte SC I have. Maybe if one day just to keep me busy I will. It's just that I literally have all the parts laying around. That is why the thought always come around.

Yeah this thread surely gets tons of views because it helps a lot of people ! I have been there about people talking about my cars. Like at least twice, I met some people in a gas station because of a part they wanted and were buying. They ask me if I knew the guy on supraforums / clublexus who has 4 MKIVs and 4 SCs and I simply say I heard about him, lol. And they start talking about the SCs on my build thread and I pretend not to know anything .
Yeah I would say go for it but I have a car problem right now lol, need to thin the heard.
haha, yeah I know that guy lol... classic
Old 08-25-16, 05:21 AM
scsexy
Advanced

Where do you get vaccum and boost from Ali? it seems like i could tee into the fuel presure regulators line, the heater control valves line or the power steering assist line.... I was told by a mechanic at work to have a dedicated line for it but with pascals law there should be nothing wrong with a T fitting.

The guy wants me to drill into my intake and make a dedicated line... i'm not feeling it lol, what did you do?
Old 08-25-16, 08:10 AM
Ali SC3
Lexus Champion

I have always ran it teed in with the fuel pressure regulator, no problems and air fuel ratios are usually dead on. my reasoning is that the ecu seeing the same thing as the fuel regulator makes it more consistent as a whole. dedicated is great, but not easy on our cars. there is a threaded hole that is plugged by the brake booster fitting on the rear of the intake (where jdm models get the map signal from) but I still tee into the fuel pressure regulator even with my FFIM I run them linked I find it works just fine.
Old 08-25-16, 10:51 AM
scsexy
Advanced

I have always ran it teed in with the fuel pressure regulator, no problems and air fuel ratios are usually dead on. my reasoning is that the ecu seeing the same thing as the fuel regulator makes it more consistent as a whole. dedicated is great, but not easy on our cars. there is a threaded hole that is plugged by the brake booster fitting on the rear of the intake (where jdm models get the map signal from) but I still tee into the fuel pressure regulator even with my FFIM I run them linked I find it works just fine.

Awesome thanks man, The car is running really well besides smelling rich but i don't have the o2 sensor or turbo on yet... turbo's down pipe has a screw in for my 4 wire o2 so i'll do them both this weekend I'm just tight on funds and my intercooler set up last time involved cutting a big hole under the stock filter for intercooler piping to run up.. this time i want it to be cleaner so i'm thinking of routing 2.5inch through that stock hole behind the passenger head light. Do you have any pics of your intercooler set up? mine has inlet and outlet on the passenger side top and bottom.
Old 08-25-16, 11:02 AM
Ali SC3
Lexus Champion

The o2 sensor will fix that right up once you get it installed, these ecu's will run rich without them if you have the right injectors etc..
I used to run a same side intercooler and the 2.5" pipe will fit through the stock hole, I Had it like that in these pics.
you can find more pics in this thread
https://www.clublexus.com/forums/per...r-pipping.html

It would be better to weld alot of them up, but I kept changing mine so often I never got around to it, so please ignore the gazillion couplers.

What alot of the people in the "know" do, is make a hole under where the stock airbox is (like where you made a hole for your I/C pipe before), and run the 4" turbo intake pipe through it and mount the filter right there underneath there so it sits in the fender area. That way you get a bunch of cold air and you get more power. Water doesn't really get up there either unless you are driving through a river etc... you will have to open up the hole though cause if it was just big enough for a 2.5" pipe its probably going to need to be bigger for a 4" pipe to go down through there.

This is what the intake thing I was talking about looks like, except in this pic it looks like they are running a 5" monster pipe, you wont need that most likely.

IF you are willing to do a little experimentation and plan out your setup, there are extra ponies to be picked up everywhere, so take your time and get nice with it

I have a hole on the drivers side for the I/C piping (relocated battery to trunk). clears all the stock stuff better that way for the FFIM.

Last edited by Ali SC3; 08-25-16 at 11:11 AM.
Old 09-02-16, 06:47 AM
scsexy
Advanced

Thanks for detailed response with pictures. I got my universal piping kit in and the o2 sensor so this weekend i should be done. I'll post a build thread soon but 1 more question...

On the 4 wire O2 sensor how do i know which black wire to use as the ecu pin and which is for battery 12 volts? they appear to be the same on the sensor.
Old 09-02-16, 08:13 AM
Ali SC3
Lexus Champion

doesn't matter they are interchangeable.
Old 09-06-16, 11:05 AM
scsexy
Advanced

Got it all done and the car is running AMAZING!

Thank you so much Ali

no issues like i had with the fic...
Old 09-14-16, 05:11 PM
scsexy
Advanced

Ali,

Car's running great as the above post says but i do notice I'm only pulling about 15 inches of mercury sometimes even less down to 13. at idle. I was under the impression i should be closer to 20.

If i'm letting the car slow its self down in gear, aka foot not on the gas. I'm at 20inches.

Checked all the lines and even smoked tested the system with a machine from work and i could not find any sort of leak.

What do you think?
Old 09-15-16, 08:13 AM
Ali SC3
Lexus Champion

what rpm is it idling at when it does that, sometimes its normal. when its cold it will pull less vacuum, because the ecu is not dialing in full advance.
when it gets warm it will start to pull closer to 18... but when you have everything working right and when stopped the IACV idles down to like 600-700 range, the vacuum will drop closer to 15, that is the ecu doing its thing once again. if you blip the throttle it should go back to around 1k for a few seconds where it will have regular vacuum again... then it will slowly lower idle back down and vacuum will drop, that is normal.

if its still low and something else is happening make sure your bov is not cracked at idle, and I guess you already checked for leaks. double check your base timing also, but thats about all I can think of that would affect that.

Last edited by Ali SC3; 09-15-16 at 08:20 AM.

Quick Reply: 2JZGE Na-T TT Ecu Mod