SC- 1st Gen (1992-2000)

Finally installed KSPORT COILOVERS!

Search this Thread

Old 03-31-10, 07:46 PM
5sp_jzz30
Lexus Champion

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

congratulations on buying crap coilovers.

please feel free to come back shortly to tell us how they are leaking or have a bouncy ride. in essence ksport is not valves at all for our cars. i have never heard or seen from personal experience anything good coming out of ksport...

if you want something that works well look into bilstein/hypercoil or kw coilovers.
Old 03-31-10, 07:52 PM
1JZPWRD
1JZ Single SC400

Received 15 Likes on 12 Posts

Dang, talking about slamming the mans coilovers. I dont know if its worth the bouncing ride or having to move the wires above into the hood compartment. I hope you are very pleased with them once they are settled. What size and rim are you going with? Looking forward to the pictures and keep us informed.
Old 03-31-10, 07:55 PM
5sp_jzz30
Lexus Champion

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

not slamming....simply stating the facts. truth hurts sometimes
Old 03-31-10, 08:12 PM
cino21
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Lol. I will keep everyone informed. Good or bad and I haven't official decided yet on wheels.. I want something like the andSwiss wheels that lexforlife has. I love the euro style wheels.. I wanna do 18 front and 19 rear..

I have to move the wires bc of the ksport coils?
Or bc I lowered them soo low?
Old 03-31-10, 08:21 PM
Zar
Rookie

Originally Posted by 5sp_jzz30
congratulations on buying crap coilovers.

please feel free to come back shortly to tell us how they are leaking or have a bouncy ride. in essence ksport is not valves at all for our cars. i have never heard or seen from personal experience anything good coming out of ksport...

if you want something that works well look into bilstein/hypercoil or kw coilovers.
This individual speaks truth.

This forums has some hope!
Old 03-31-10, 08:25 PM
ThomasGS4
Lexus Test Driver

Received 373 Likes on 218 Posts

Ooooooh looks good.

Where in TX are you?
Old 03-31-10, 08:31 PM
cino21
Pole Position

Originally Posted by 1UZ-GS
Ooooooh looks good.

Where in TX are you?
Dfw Bedford.. I met someone at beach last week who said he had a sc300 but he was on his bike that night
Old 03-31-10, 10:03 PM
tmf2004
5% Club. Killing it!!!

Received 63 Likes on 61 Posts

The K-sports look good..
Old 04-01-10, 12:05 AM
SpuGen
Rookie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by cino21
i haven't heard anything rubbing while driving soo far... but i will def TAKE A LOOK!
I was on the ground though.

Thiis is on H&R Coilovers. Obviously lowered from what it came with.
Car is 2 inches higher now
And it has wheels, and not ugly stock looking.
Old 04-01-10, 12:45 AM
turbopwr
Driver

Default haters.

it's my first coilover setup.. soo far i'm pleased.. i was going to go with Tein Basics but MVP recommended these instead.. they said ksport were only about 200 bucks more but the ksports are aluminum which will not rust and said the tein has a prob with rust and something about the ksports are easier to adjust for the customer..
yeah they are easy to adjust since the bottem housing can be rotated into the strut making the coilover shorter without messing with the rebound like most other coils.

I have ksports on my integra. Everyone told me how ****ty they were and how they blow within the first year. All I can say is ive had them for 3 years now and theyre fine. I have the fronts very stiff and the rears pretty loose for an "oversteering feel". Perhaps thats why my rears havent blown yet? I am also running lower then you. Maybe I just got lucky with my set?

Good luck. Did you get custom spring rates?
Old 04-01-10, 04:50 AM
Pspice
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by turbopwr
yeah they are easy to adjust since the bottem housing can be rotated into the strut making the coilover shorter without messing with the rebound like most other coils.

I have ksports on my integra. Everyone told me how ****ty they were and how they blow within the first year. All I can say is ive had them for 3 years now and theyre fine. I have the fronts very stiff and the rears pretty loose for an "oversteering feel". Perhaps thats why my rears havent blown yet? I am also running lower then you. Maybe I just got lucky with my set?

Good luck. Did you get custom spring rates?
i have them on my sc and i like them...but then again i have nothing else to compare them to but my blown shocks that were on before after i installed i was expecting to go over a bump and feel nothing but that didnt happen it is a bit bouncy i will admit but i havent messed with them much and i think you can stiffen it up...
Old 04-01-10, 12:30 PM
cino21
Pole Position

I looked above the wheel today and it is rubbing a Lil when I hit big enough bumps to make the body and wheel move toward each other so I will relocate them this Saturday. Maybe just see if I can move them high enough so the wheel won't hit them
Old 04-01-10, 12:39 PM
Zar
Rookie

Just relocate it to the engine bay.
Old 04-01-10, 06:52 PM
cino21
Pole Position

you know.. i can't stop looking at my car.. it's like the first day when i got it all over again

i parked it in front of the window at work and i swear i'm drooling like i just saw kim kardashian bend over
Old 04-01-10, 07:25 PM
JDMmuscle
Lexus Champion

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

you know.. i can't stop looking at my car.. it's like the first day when i got it all over again

i parked it in front of the window at work and i swear i'm drooling like i just saw kim kardashian bend over

When that gets old, Get some wheels that fit well, If will be like you found your first love all over again Bow chicka bow wow

Quick Reply: Finally installed KSPORT COILOVERS!