SC- 1st Gen (1992-2000)

The Seat bracket thread

Search this Thread

Old 02-24-10, 06:15 AM
TheRonTom3
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default The Seat bracket thread

Ok so I am going to be installing a fixed bucket seat in my SC. Its a no name but by the look of it is a Sparco Rev knock off. I plan on refinishing the cover my thought are black with a standard burberry plaid cushion insert but you guys need not know this part.

I have been searching for brackets this is what i found:

Corbeau
Sparco
Bride
Wedge engineering

All brackets are ordered as JZA80 supra part numbers.

Suprisingly Sparco is the most exspensive because you need to order their side mount brackets their sliders and then the adapter bracket to the car, but because of this you can use them with other seats with some minor changes (drilling a hole here or there).

Corbeau brackets can be found for $99 with sliders by far the cheapest but in talking to a dealer he doesn't believe they are compatible with anything but Corbeau seats without heavy modification.

Bride offers numerous kinds of brackets supposedly creating different riding positions and heights. Now in most of the reviews i have heard from supra drivers and SC drivers is all bride rails sit low sometimes real low. Bride offers type RO(recaro style) MO(momo style) and FO(fixed back style) and FG(fixed bucket low). Now problem that arrizes here for non bride seat owners trying to purchase seat rails for installation on the FG's is they are all one piece from what i have seen. The rail slider, bracket and side mount brackets for the seat are all one piece mean that if your seat is wider , narrower or the mounting holes are different than bride you are SOL. The FO look like they will accept other sidemount brackets but only if the width of the seat is the same as the bride seats. Cause the slider seems to be part od the floor braket.

Wedge Engineering brackets are custome made to what you need which is great, but i have heard a few negatives about turn around time on them and i have also heard they are a company that doesnt exactly conform to today mondern technological convieniences

Lets get some feedback here:
1: is there anyone out there running a fixed back with a sparco sidemount bracket, slider and floor bracket? Do they position you higher than stock seat?
2: Bride FO owners are they indeed one piece? What is your body height and how do you find yourself positioned in the car as compared to stock?
3: Anyone out there with corbeau hardware? If so was the dealer correct that heavy modification (cutting/welding) would be required for any other kind of seat to be used with that hardware

Last edited by TheRonTom3; 02-24-10 at 11:02 AM.
Old 02-24-10, 06:21 AM
Dx3
Lexus Fanatic

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Sorry to get a little OT, but can you post a pic/link of the seat you decided to go with?

Thanks,
Jonny
Old 02-24-10, 10:10 AM
TheRonTom3
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I bought this seat off of a friend for $100

I'm not sure if I like the red so this is an idea i have that i might do

I am also aware of how horrible my photoshopis on this little prototype idea. I just whipped it up real quick cut me some slack.lol
Old 02-24-10, 10:29 AM
RedPhoenix
Lexus Fanatic

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

red looks sweet with black interior....

Im still hunting for my perfect ones..... and buying brackets is like buying a car ffs.