SC- 1st Gen (1992-2000)

BOTH doors on '95 SC300 won't open. Locked out, what do I do? PLESE HELP

Search this Thread

Old 03-23-11, 02:45 PM
ryana8888
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default BOTH doors on '95 SC300 won't open. Locked out, what do I do? PLESE HELP

I have a 95 lexus and neither of the doors will open from the outside and im locked out and have to be at work at 5:30 in the morning. I can use the manual and keyless lock and nothing. I can see the actual lock on the door panel unlocking on both doors when i turn the key but it's like the handle won't "catch" when i pull. From what ive been reading online it seems like maybe a linkage slipped or a clip broke. The passenger door stopped working about 4 days ago and to my horror the drivers side went out today...a terrible and hideous sequence of events. Is there any way I can get into my car?? I can't afford locksmith at the moment, is there anyway to wedge the door open; get in from prying the sunroof open or get in somehow from trunk...because i can still open the trunk with my key. I don't care if I have to break stuff or not, it was already involved in a fender bender last month and is not worth really fixing back up. If i had to break something, what would be the cheapest option to get fixed that would do the least amount of serious damage? And if I ended up having to call a locksmith is there any way HE can get it open since the door handles actually won't work? Thanks in advance for any suggestions.
Old 03-23-11, 02:50 PM
ryana8888
Driver School Candidate

oh and I forgot the passenger side door did open from the inside, just not the outside so im guess the drivers is the same
Old 03-23-11, 03:12 PM
SChema
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Most likely have to call a locksmith to open the door with a slim-jim.
Old 03-23-11, 03:17 PM
dwebb99
Lexus Test Driver

slim jim it(have a pro do it) and make sure you keep your windows open until you fix your door actuators (most likely the problem). Plenty of DIY stuff on the door actuators, used ones run around $65-$85.
Old 03-23-11, 03:43 PM
Str8sikk
Driver

smash the windows have yoru insurance take care of it... bam problem solved. lol..jk
Old 03-23-11, 03:48 PM
ryana8888
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by dwebb99
slim jim it(have a pro do it) and make sure you keep your windows open until you fix your door actuators (most likely the problem). Plenty of DIY stuff on the door actuators, used ones run around $65-$85.
I thought slim jims actually unlock the door so it can open, not open the latch like the handle does. and if so i don't think that that will work as i already have the keys and can turn the locks just fine. Im 99% sure my prob is with the handle cause it just won't catch but both of the actual lock mechanisms seem to work fine ...could be wrong though, i dont know much about it
Old 03-23-11, 03:57 PM
1WILLY1
Lexus Test Driver

Received 194 Likes on 138 Posts

yes im not convinced the slim jim will work as i think it only unlocks the door but doesnt open the handle.

you might have to call a professional.
Old 03-23-11, 04:02 PM
ryana8888
Driver School Candidate

well crap...seems like the only thing a locksmith can do is "unlock" the locking mechanism and not actually "open" the latch that will open the door? or is there anything that he could do?? If not, welp...how easy would cutting through the backseat or prying the sunroof open be?
Old 03-23-11, 04:18 PM
1WILLY1
Lexus Test Driver

Received 194 Likes on 138 Posts

Originally Posted by ryana8888
well crap...seems like the only thing a locksmith can do is "unlock" the locking mechanism and not actually "open" the latch that will open the door? or is there anything that he could do?? If not, welp...how easy would cutting through the backseat or prying the sunroof open be?
if your car is a junker i would say best bet is to break a window.

Its harder than you think they are very well made.

But just call a locksmith they will be able to get in there im sure--one way or another --they have many tricks up their sleeve.
Old 03-23-11, 06:14 PM
tuterz
Racer

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts

i would unlock the door.. they to pry your door or window .. big enough to put a thin rod inside and try to reach the door handle from the inside to open it.. I've done this before with my mothers lexus when she left her keys in the car..
Old 03-23-11, 06:43 PM
MR_Clean
Rookie

Can you not go through the trunk in our cars? I've never had to or tried to put down my back seats but most cars you can
Old 03-23-11, 06:50 PM
maceugood
Pole Position

every time i see one of these threads, its makes me think i really need to fix my passenger side door before this happens to me!
Old 03-23-11, 07:00 PM
MR_Clean
Rookie

Originally Posted by maceugood
every time i see one of these threads, its makes me think i really need to fix my passenger side door before this happens to me!
Same here lol
Old 03-23-11, 07:06 PM
BenStoked
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by MR_Clean
Can you not go through the trunk in our cars? I've never had to or tried to put down my back seats but most cars you can
lmao.
hell, no, unless you take the gas tank out, and then the plate of steel, then the seat (oh wait, you have to unbolt it from the inside...)

to anyone having to break a window to get in (afaik, the only way to get in in this situation), break a door glass, not a quarter glass, or the sunroof, or windshields. easier (cheaper) to replace. and while you're waiting to get the glass fixed, you don't look ghetto driving around with a busted quarter window.
Old 03-23-11, 07:55 PM
meangreen1
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by maceugood
Yep me too. Mine works every so often. I cant figure it out. All the DIY's don't apply. The little white tab is not broken. I think the proble lies in the white lock box????

Quick Reply: BOTH doors on '95 SC300 won't open. Locked out, what do I do? PLESE HELP