SC- 1st Gen (1992-2000)

my car almost got jacked

Search this Thread

Old 05-15-02, 09:39 PM
Lex Luthor
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Just make sure you keep a mit and ball in there too, so you have something to tell the cop if you get pulled over. I keep a few tools around in the car (for repair, not defense), but the one time I had to use a pipe wrench to defend myself (a guy attacked me in my truck) I got in biiig trouble.

Last edited by Lex Luthor; 05-15-02 at 09:40 PM.
Old 05-15-02, 10:31 PM
Camshaft
Lead Lap

4 and 5 battery Mag Lights. Useful, and completely legal. Hell, cops use them. Baseball bat, no go. Keep a knife hidden under the back seat, that way if some guy walks up to ask directions and you take it the wrong way, you have a legit reason. "Hey, the guy came at me with a knife!"
Old 05-15-02, 10:38 PM
Aznteazer
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

the club is the way to go when u wanna whack somebody, especially the part where the lock latches on, (i think that's the silver part of the club). protects ur vehicle in many ways.
Old 05-15-02, 11:21 PM
007lexus
Driver

hey lex,
how did you end up in trouble?

Old 05-17-02, 06:06 PM
machinegt
Pole Position

what are most car thieves easily discouraged by?

Last edited by machinegt; 05-17-02 at 06:08 PM.
Old 05-17-02, 07:22 PM
lexlikenother
Pole Position

XTC, how long and how much does it take to do what you do for a living? lol. No, seriously.
Old 05-17-02, 09:38 PM
Aznteazer
Lexus Test Driver

Originally posted by machinegt
what are most car thieves easily discouraged by?
cheap cars. LOL
Old 05-17-02, 09:49 PM
awj
Bluegr*** Performance

honda accords
Old 05-18-02, 07:46 AM
XTC
Driver

Originally posted by lexlikenother
XTC, how long and how much does it take to do what you do for a living? lol. No, seriously.
Whic, the **** store or the car dealership or the repair shop

J
Old 05-18-02, 10:17 AM
lexlikenother
Pole Position

The one where you get to "own" any car you want by paying off a few people, and it's legit.
Old 05-18-02, 01:40 PM
XTC
Driver

Originally posted by lexlikenother
The one where you get to "own" any car you want by paying off a few people, and it's legit.
Well, you need to be setup as an auto dealer (get dealership, liscense, insurance, bond, dmv approval, company), get a licsense that allows a dealer to do buy here pay here "payment plans" so that you can legally do repo's, have a good repo company with a less then moral owner and driver, and have a less then ethical title clerk, and it all works out. The state is so backlogged at all times that if you put in the claim for a new title due to a lost title and have a repo cert attached, the state just goes ahead and issues it with out checking on it at all.

Not that i would do it.

J
Old 05-18-02, 04:17 PM
Lex Luthor
Lexus Champion

007, yeah, I spent a little time in jail for defending myself, whatever the guy was on, I couldn't stop him, so I had to hit him in the head with the wrench a couple times, his head opened up like a pinata, believe it or not, he was still trying to get at me. Anyway, because he had all the damage, he told the cops I attacked him, they believed him, even though his blood was all over my driver's door, proving I wasn't even out of my truck, and he was reaching in, you could see all the bloody handprints. To top it all off, when I got out, I found a witness (mgr of the car lot it happened in front of), he signed a sworn witness affidavit that I was attacked and that it was strictly self defense, he saw the whole thing, but the DA never even bothered to contact him, and wouldn't believe me, they wouldn't dismiss it, so it's on my record, doesn't look good to be charged with felony assault, plus the lawyer bills alone cost me thousands. Not sure why road rage is so common in NY, but it seems to happen to me all the time, but not when i'm in my truck, only in the Lex, people cut me off and slam on their brakes with absolutely no one in front of them all the time, trying to get me to rear-end them and get paid, the other day I literally had a guy trying to run me off the road, I didn't do a thing to him, maybe he thought my lights were too bright, he came from nowhere and just ran up on me, he hopped outta the car too at the light, but I drove away. Anyone else go through this alot?

P.S. - One time, when someone cut me off real bad, a biker hopped off his ratty softtail, walked up to my window and handed me a bunch of big-@ss steel shot and told me to use these next time, he had a whole bunch of 'em in his saddlebags......
Old 05-18-02, 06:15 PM
silversc3
Rookie

sounds like you had a ****ty lawyer
Old 05-18-02, 07:38 PM
SupraCoup3
Lexus Champion

Lex... I am by no means a law expert, but you could appeal that. That would be a technicality that they did not follow. A witness was not called who should have been. If it is the DA's fault, then even more so!

Also, you could even turn the charges around on this guy. Having a record is not cool, esp. when it's the other guy who should have the record.

That's if it's worth the lawer's fees to you.

You could also file a civil suit ontop of the appeal for pain and suffering -- having to write down you had a record all these years, when you did nothing wrong. And get some $$ off of the guy.

Oh yea... If you know having a record prevented you from getting a job somewhere or doing something you'd like to do, get someone to say that on the stand, and you'll be in good shape too.

John
Old 05-19-02, 09:11 AM
Lex Luthor
Lexus Champion

Yeah, my lawyer was a piece of *****, but my girlfriend gave him a retainer while I was locked up, so that's the way it went. I've considered appealing, but I just want to put that crap behind me, got attacked while I was in central lockup by a guy they put me in a cel with too, hard to defend yourself when you're handcuffed to the guy next to you. People will screw you every chance they get, i've learned that over and over, not to get depressing, but my father just passsed away a few months ago, and his wife (he re-married) made off with his entire estate and left me and my sister in the dust, and we're talking a loooot of money. My entire family turned their back on me after he was gone, if I call my stepmother she just hangs up on me. I went to work at his shop (automotive) after he was gone, knowing he wanted me to have the business and keep it going, his partner and my stepmother forbid me from walking through the door, so that they could do what they pleased with business, sell it and split the money I guess. Even my own grandparents, who I thought were the sweetest little old people, don't return my messages and get right off the phone if I call them. I nevvver did anything wrong to them, why would they want to lose a son and a grandson all at once? Sorry, didn't mean to go off on a tangent, i'm just very upset over the pieces of ***** people can be, even those closest to you.
- Jon

Quick Reply: my car almost got jacked