SC- 1st Gen (1992-2000)

Another SC down.. =/

Search this Thread

Old 11-16-09, 01:07 PM
imarshall
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Another SC down.. =/

Well guys, It happened. Im an idiot and thats all there is to it. I been meaning to get an alignment for over a month now and never did. As you all know (nor'easter's) this week has been non stop rain in the north east. It finally stopped Saturday night, but roads were still wet. I decided to finally take my baby for a drive. Wrong move. Hit a puddle and lost all control. Tail lost control and swung right into a parked car, then the other direction into another. =/ It seems a total loss. I don't know what else to say, so I just kinda cry. (really lol)

This car came a long way. Started a 95 everything, and converted fully to a 97. Original blk/blk 5spd. =(

I know insurance will total it. Not sure what im looking to get from them (full coverage). Anyone with input can help with a figure. Car has 153k miles and is orig blk/blk 5spd.

Also, if insurance offers me the chance to buy it back, is it even worth it?

I already went to the body shop and removed what was good, and that was my tt rims, and side skirts and moldings. The only thing else I guess would benefit me buying the car back si the tranmission/5spd conversion, and the black interior minus the dash. (airbags deployed) enough talking, heres the pics...

first day home..

then came the rest..

and now..

at the end of the day, im happy to be alive.. and i have a new respect for anything rwd. I loved this sc too much, it was my first and it wont be my last. It was my favorite car out of the many i owned, and I plan to purchase another.

Thanks for looking..
Old 11-16-09, 01:11 PM
Oleg400
Advanced

Received 15 Likes on 7 Posts

Glad everyone was ok!
Old 11-16-09, 01:15 PM
OneJay
Lexus Champion

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Damn thats a lot of damage. Hopefully insurance pays you well, and I'm glad you're ok.
Old 11-16-09, 01:28 PM
SC1984
Pole Position

Deng kid, Sorry to hear. BTW, u still have the black floormats? and black door switches?
Old 11-16-09, 01:34 PM
imarshall
Pole Position

I have no floor mats. I have switches.. but I can't part nothing out until I hear from insurance and they make me an offer on the car.
Old 11-16-09, 01:35 PM
ashtray
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

OUCH!!...atleast you are okay! cars can be replaced, people cant.

edit: as for keeping it..its up to you, but I think a lot of people would say no.

Last edited by ashtray; 11-16-09 at 01:38 PM.
Old 11-16-09, 01:50 PM
imarshall
Pole Position

Thanks. I'd only keep it to part it out. The only thing I see that may be an excuse to buy it back is the entire 5 spd swap and blk interior for another sc project.
Old 11-16-09, 01:51 PM
Shadowen
Lead Lap

I'd be very interested in the black interior if you did buy it back. Maybe even engine and transmission, though shipping would suck.

Edit: I'm glad you're ok though, the damage was far worse then I had expected after the first read.

Last edited by Shadowen; 11-16-09 at 02:00 PM.
Old 11-16-09, 01:57 PM
TLDriver
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Wow.. sorry it happened. I wasn't expecting all this damage when I read the post. When you say I think it's a loss. You weren't lying. Good luck with the outcome of this.
Old 11-16-09, 02:02 PM
Hil
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Geez so sorry to see that. I would buy it back if it isn't too much. Hope you're ok man, don't worry you'll have another car to love and throw money at eventually.
Old 11-16-09, 02:07 PM
imarshall
Pole Position

Thanks guys.. had big plans for the car including stance coils, big win lip and eventually an engine rebuild with a single rocket.. =/ kinda sucks cause I doub't i'll find another blk/blk 5 spd.

Ill keep everyone informed of what insurance says.
Old 11-16-09, 02:33 PM
94_soarer
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

noooooooooooo, im glad u are ok...im so sorry that this happened..but look at it this way now u get to start all over and leave this in the past..where it belongs..RIP original 5 speed Black on black sc....moment of silence plz
Old 11-16-09, 02:36 PM
BostonSC4
Lexus Test Driver

wow brother i can't imagine having to say bye to my SC especially after all that one has gone through.... ^^

i don't blame you at all for crying lol these cars develope sentamental value for sure. they become like a sibling as weird as that sounds. only people who own an SC will know what i'm / we're talking about. get another SC bro, you'll pick up where you left off. keep in mind that car probly saved your life.
Old 11-16-09, 02:37 PM
BazookaCat
Rookie

Dang dude! Unfortunately you had to learn a lesson "the hard way" that RWD just isn't very friendly towards you folks that live in places that have constant rainy or snowy weather...Leave the RWD cars to folks that live in nice sunny weather places (i.e Southern California) or nice dry places like in Texas or Arizona...stick with a FWD. Good to know you're okay though.
Old 11-16-09, 02:38 PM
LiCelsior
Retired

Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts

damn man..this sucks big time. least u can salvage the rims!

Quick Reply: Another SC down.. =/