SC- 1st Gen (1992-2000)

Shine body kit test fittment.

Search this Thread

Old 10-05-09, 12:13 PM
Wheel_Man
Lead Lap

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I love it!! Looks GREAT!!! I can't understand why ANYONE would want to buy 97+ stock sideskirts when these can be had for cheaper. People are out there charging RIDICULOUS prices for used stock sides and these look SOOOO much Better and they're CHEAPER and the they're NEW!!!!
Old 10-05-09, 01:50 PM
masagsxr
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

^ I think its because OEM quality is 10x better than aftermarket. I agree that it does not look as good.... Just my opinion on why others are charging a lot for stock sides or front/rear bumpers.
Old 10-05-09, 02:01 PM
96SC4
Lexus Champion

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Wheel_Man
I love it!! Looks GREAT!!! I can't understand why ANYONE would want to buy 97+ stock sideskirts when these can be had for cheaper. People are out there charging RIDICULOUS prices for used stock sides and these look SOOOO much Better and they're CHEAPER and the they're NEW!!!!
because everybody & their mommy is going to be pushing these kits on their cars in the next year or so... mark my words.

OEM will always be timeless & classic.........
Old 10-05-09, 05:56 PM
YeA 2jZ
Lexus Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by 96SC4
because everybody & their mommy is going to be pushing these kits on their cars in the next year or so... mark my words.

gotta agree here but still the shine kit is a great option to have
Old 10-05-09, 09:33 PM
RaynArt
Lexus Test Driver

someone said there may be trouble painting it? why?

kit looks good. can someone recommend me a place to look up its prices for the sides and rear?
Old 10-06-09, 03:19 AM
lexforlife
Lexus Fanatic

Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts

i had a chance to see the kit over the weekend , i will say the fit was perfect , as i have a original ac kit myself , the shine kit fit was spot on compared to my original ac kit which i had to shave here and there

what i dont like is the material is flimsy comapred to ac fpr material.. i can see this flapping on the wind on the hwy .. it was a great attempt to be pliable like oem polyurethene but man you touch it and it bends

i highly recc the kit for cost but would also strongly suggest that you have your installer/painter add some fiberglass material to the underside of front/rear and side skirts to add some ridigity to it

either way , my boy steves car looks bada$$ with the kit , now if he can find some power to keep up with us
Old 10-06-09, 08:01 AM
jfisher
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Was this purchased directly from Shine or does a vendor sell this?
Old 10-06-09, 09:26 AM
fonzo
Pole Position

Good looking kit can't wait to see it painted
Old 10-27-09, 10:18 PM
//LRD
Lexus Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Damn Steve that kit looks like it fit better then my AC kit .And I like the idea of it being flexible .Because I think the AC is to damn rigid anyways.trust me I know..lol.

Car is looking good Steve

Aren't you glad I talked you into this kit instead of just a big win lip... Can't wait to see it done
Old 10-28-09, 12:05 AM
xknowonex
Lexus Fanatic

Wayne,

I am glad you see that you are happy with the kit! Car looks awesome!

What specs are your wheels and tires may I ask?

Originally Posted by 5sp_jzz30
very impressed with the fitment of the kit.

the only thing i would look into is where the hood, bumper, and headlight meet.

driver side looks okay. passenger side needs a bit of work. but im being picky

so how much is one of these kit, long is the wait to get one, and price?

please hook it up for cheap. i know im gonna destroy it drifting so i dont wanna cry when it happens. lol

Originally Posted by Sinistr
I like it. It'll look really good once you get it paint matched. I've been hearing good and bad regarding this kit about fitment, but of course everyone will have haters, no matter who they are. Be sure to keep us informed on painting, fitment after paint, and whether you think it is a well manufactured kit. This is acutally a body kit that I really like, and I'm not into body kits all that much. I am considering getting one myself. I'd like to read more reviews on this though. I'm sure that there are quite a few others that have picked up this kit. Maybe someone can start a Shine, like and dislike thread, along with pics, if possible. So far, the car looks great

Originally Posted by eyeSOARER6
Fitment looks excellent. How was the area around the highbeams and foglights? Any issues or did they fix that? I remember Jerry with the Matador Red SC had a few issues.
For my kit, I was really picky and the gap at the driver's side highbeam bugged me after it got painted the first time. Here are pics of how it got corrected:

It wasn't that big of a deal since it laid almost flush to the highbeam unlike other replicas. Even the authentic kits have that gap if the shops didn't take the initiative to fill it in

As for the fogs, the tabs are way too short. An easy fix as well

Originally Posted by Wheel_Man
If you are going to use a Shine piece, you're going to need the entire kit or it won't flow well at all. You can get away with using just the front bumper though. You can probably get an entire 1997+ kit for 800-ish while the complete Shine Kit goes $1200. It is a $400 dollar difference plus the surcharge that most body shop slap on if they install an aftermarket kit. To some, that might be a considerable amount of money.

Originally Posted by 96SC4

Originally Posted by BlayzSC4
nice fitment..now will people be jumping on this kit like how ppl.were giong wings west on civics? lol

Honestly, I don't think that should be a concern. Of course, the demand is high. I still get private messages every other day from some of those that have seen my build thread asking me where to buy the kit. However, the kit isn't cheap like many of the Vertex knock-offs that fit like crap and cost next to nothing so don't expect a bunch of beater SC's with eBay wheels to rock the kit anytime soon

Originally Posted by lexforlife
i had a chance to see the kit over the weekend , i will say the fit was perfect , as i have a original ac kit myself , the shine kit fit was spot on compared to my original ac kit which i had to shave here and there

what i dont like is the material is flimsy comapred to ac fpr material.. i can see this flapping on the wind on the hwy .. it was a great attempt to be pliable like oem polyurethene but man you touch it and it bends

i highly recc the kit for cost but would also strongly suggest that you have your installer/painter add some fiberglass material to the underside of front/rear and side skirts to add some ridigity to it

either way , my boy steves car looks bada$$ with the kit , now if he can find some power to keep up with us
The kit feels almost just like polyurethane and it fooled even some of the best body shops. Even Kennedy from Platinum VIP thought I was messing with him and insisted that its not fiberglass. It might appear filmsy but the flexibility allows it to dissipate energy should you scrape the asphalt. I have scraped the hell out of mine and its already on its 2nd coat of paint.

Originally Posted by Anthony85
That kit fits Damn Good. I must look into it. Do you have the link of where to get it from?

Originally Posted by RaynArt
someone said there may be trouble painting it? why?

kit looks good. can someone recommend me a place to look up its prices for the sides and rear?

Originally Posted by jfisher
Was this purchased directly from Shine or does a vendor sell this?
Shine primarily sells their stuff directly. The only vendors that carry their stuff to my knowledge are from the rotary and 350z community.

For those who are interested in the kit, give Ken, owner of Shine, a call at (909) 980-3433 and he will be more than happy to help you guys out.
Old 10-29-09, 11:04 AM
bigmalik00
Lexus Champion

lol this guy lol
Old 10-29-09, 12:52 PM
ICONYQ
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by xknowonex
Wayne,

... so don't expect a bunch of beater SC's with eBay wheels to rock the kit anytime soon
Hey I got my TRD wheels from Ebay!!!
Old 10-29-09, 01:34 PM
sc250tt
Lexus Champion

Wayne you got pm.
Old 04-16-14, 08:28 PM
CrispyST3
Driver

stumbled upon this thread, was curious to see this "shine" kit
looks really great
Old 04-17-14, 07:39 AM
Lexman4375
Driver School Candidate

That's an awesome body kit! The lines and curves are great and also gives it a more lowered look. Way to go!!

Quick Reply: Shine body kit test fittment.