SC- 1st Gen (1992-2000)

Is this what we're reduced to? (Rant)

Search this Thread

Old 09-18-09, 01:29 AM
DRFT103
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Is this what we're reduced to? (Rant)

I've been in the car game for about 8 years now, mainly for drifting.. owning a lot of 240's etc..

I chose to build an SC, three years ago for all of the obvious reasons.

I never went to any meets with my SC, I've never been big in the local scene (except for with drifting). but when i sold my S13 i didn't keep up with any drift friends. Kinda went solo and built my SC300 all on my own. I wish I knew more local people with SC's that i could chill with and share the stoke with out here.

Anyway, I just finished my NA-T three days ago. and this guy I met at autozone suggested I go out to a local meet tonight. So i did. My boy just bought a cressida today so we both drove out there.

I was absolutely stoked to see that there we're two other SC's there.

A guy saw my intercooler and asked to pop my hood, and a big crowd swarmed around. (I'm assuming because I was the new guy and no one has ever seen my car).

Anyway, to paint the picture, It's a Precision billet 6262 dual ball bearing turbo.. Tial 44mm. MAPECU... bla bla

So 1 min. later I ask who drives the red SC with the IC, It was a stock GTE. I wanted to meet him, I didn't care about my ******. I was stoked to have another SC owner in my area, because it's very rare to me. I spend a lot of my time on this site and messing with my car for the pure love of it. And if i get to see another SC i get all gitty.

anyway... the owner of the SC came up to me and said...

"So you want to settle this or what? Let's go run it."

Yes he was completely serious.

I'm thinking are you serious? wtf? I never said a thing about him, didn't say a thing about my car or his other then i was stoked cause it was an SC.

Settle this? settle what?

I told him "No i'm not gunna run you dude I JUST finished up my kit I just want to meet people and check out these cars, I'm not trying to prove a point to anyone. why does it have to be a competition?"

Bottom line is... It really pissed me off. Is this what us SC owners are reduced to? Where is the sense of community? Why does it have to be a competition? Just that fact that he (out of nowhere) said that to me. Completely caught me off guard and just disgusted me because I never said anything for him to say that to me. WTF?

If you see a SC owner in your area, Congratulate him and give him props. Don't talk **** and try to prove a point about whose car is better.

Is the SC the new civic now???

Seriously.

Last edited by DRFT103; 09-18-09 at 01:36 AM.
Old 09-18-09, 02:14 AM
Hil
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Not around here. There is a great sense of community in my area. I've met some close friends who are fellow SC owners. You just happened to meet a competitive @sshat.
Old 09-18-09, 02:44 AM
drewsc3
Driver

havent had haters on my SC, yet.
Old 09-18-09, 02:58 AM
tromly
Pole Position

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

I've always felt a sense of community whenever I meet with fellow Lexus owners, you must have encountered the one bad apple in the barrel .
Old 09-18-09, 03:07 AM
bangdangvn
Lead Lap

Never really met any jackass SC owners before....an old couple (70-80s) with '99 SC400 came up to me just to say hi to a fellow SC owner...
Old 09-18-09, 04:24 AM
cbrasian
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by SCboy
Not around here. There is a great sense of community in my area. I've met some close friends who are fellow SC owners. You just happened to meet a competitive @sshat.
I disagree.... for some reason almost every sc or lexus I run into thats owned by someone under 40 they think their mario andretti or something trying to race me... its pretty annoying makes me wanna just put the car in the garage and drive the m3 instead
Old 09-18-09, 09:01 AM
Carfreak70
Pole Position

I know a lot of people in the local scene. Many of them just want to race and race again. But there is a meet here every saturday night and all of us just chill and hang out at a resturant (the owner is a car person and lets us use his huge parking lot) eat a burger and hang out with everyone. Afterwards many people go to something called EOR and they head up there to race. So its a community...then its a race. I perfer the community. Sorry you are having these problems. We have 2 SC's, mine and my friends single turbo 6 speed GTE. Neither of us go to EOR ha
Old 09-18-09, 09:20 AM
OBEEWON
Lead Lap

Retards are indescriminant in the cars they chose to drive.

Personally I don't see a reason to get so upset over what he said (unless there was more or his tone can't be conveyed through the internet).

I've had much more offensive things happen to me from owners of higher and lower end cars. But Im in it for my own enjoyment and my friends as well as the rare cool people I meet. Don't let anyone ruin it for you.
Old 09-18-09, 09:25 AM
TheRonTom3
Lexus Test Driver

MY SC is the only one for hundreds of miles around here. Seeing my car is like seeing a ferrari to most people. Its kinda funny. I get revved at by ricers some times but generally if they roll up to me at a light they think my car is some evil beast and are scared of it....even though its a bone stock 1UZ just with no resonators and one muffler
Old 09-18-09, 09:26 AM
rykwebb
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Nobody should talk s*** through mediums such as cars, internet, etc.
Sorry it happened to you man, people who try to prove themselves (in this capacity) have more problems than they want to deal with.
Old 09-18-09, 09:30 AM
MIGS
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I think that retarded/cockyness a general thing among many car owners. you just happened to be unlucky and bumped into one ******* having an SC.

I would have laughed in his face if he had come off that way to me. I love to belittle arrogant people until they feel like a gnat.

sorry to hear about your experience man. i hate people like that too.
Old 09-18-09, 10:04 AM
GRN MNSTR
Pole Position

reminds me of when i was a supra owner...most mark iv drivers are the biggest douches
Old 09-18-09, 10:12 AM
FisforFast
F is for Fraud

Can't be even half as bad as the BMW fanboys.
Old 09-18-09, 10:16 AM
omidg89
Pole Position

THIS IS MY OPINION:
the car meets in my area suck! You talked to anyone at the meet they tell you their cousin has 700hp supra and it would kick ur sc ***! or they'll say im puttin a turbo in my car next week my car will be faster than urs! lol bottom of the line 90% of the people who go to car meets are not there to enjoy/appreciate the work of art that goes into building a car...I went there once, and im not going again!
Old 09-18-09, 10:19 AM
FisforFast
F is for Fraud

Originally Posted by omidg89
THIS IS MY OPINION:
the car meets in my area suck! You talked to anyone at the meet they tell you their cousin has 700hp supra and it would kick ur sc ***! or they'll say im puttin a turbo in my car next week my car will be faster than urs! lol bottom of the line 90% of the people who go to car meets are not there to enjoy/appreciate the work of art that goes into building a car...I went there once, and im not going again!

I've learned over time that going to car meets normally escalates from friendly taking, having a drink or a bite to eat, into a lot of bull****ting and bragging. The only car meets that I go to are the VW ones at the Julep downtown... I go with a bunch of friends who own VWs and everyone there is very respectful, very nice. I always get a lot of compliments on my F even though it ain't a VeeDub.

Quick Reply: Is this what we're reduced to? (Rant)