SC- 1st Gen (1992-2000)

is300 steering wheel upgrade..

Search this Thread

Old 05-10-11, 08:26 PM
GS FONZy
Lexus Champion

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by 8600RPM
I'm aware of what it looks like, and I'm still not a fan.

Difference in opinion, is that not allowed here? Lol.
Your claim was it did not match the SC's interior, not that you didn't like it. Those are two very different statements! If you don't like it, then you don't like it. Just wanted to prove a point, thank you
Old 05-11-11, 11:28 AM
8600RPM
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by GS FONZy
Your claim was it did not match the SC's interior, not that you didn't like it. Those are two very different statements! If you don't like it, then you don't like it. Just wanted to prove a point, thank you
You really aren't that dense are you?

Me saying it doesn't match the rest of the interior is the very definition of opinion.
Old 05-11-11, 11:41 AM
jadu
live.love.laugh.lexus

Received 88 Likes on 70 Posts

has any installed an IS300 airbag with another black leather steering wheel (Non-IS300 wheel)?
Old 05-11-11, 11:47 AM
krippled
Driver School Candidate

I'll rather get your original one redone. Some one can redo the leather and add wood trim on it. I got one done before but I got rid of that car. it turn out nice
Old 05-12-11, 04:44 PM
GS FONZy
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by 8600RPM
You really aren't that dense are you?

Me saying it doesn't match the rest of the interior is the very definition of opinion.
It's an opinion, just a very dumb one! But that's just my opinion!
Old 05-19-11, 01:49 AM
ScBouncE
Instructor

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

So these wheels don't go with the SC , sure! Lol...

what kinda seats are those???
Old 05-19-11, 02:12 AM
abounly
Lexus Champion

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

I believe they are RSX seats...

IMO they are terrible looking even though its a 3 spoke Its either wood grain or the 4 spoke wheel for me
Old 05-19-11, 04:50 AM
bleedspeed
Lead Lap

i am in for the is300 wheel i will be doing a black on beige like the car earlier in the thread. with the upper trim black and lower trim beige. hopefully i will find black carpet as well. so the is wheel is gonna look sweet. question though! i have been checking these wheels out on ebay and from what i have seen is the manual version does not have those buttons. but it seems weird to me though that the top portion of the wheel is missing. what is up with that? does anybody have one of these in their sc? and is there a manual version that is not missing the top part of the wheel? just confusing to me. i dont think i like it at all but seeing one installed has got me curious.
what the hell is with these on ebay? i cant even imagine not being able to throw my hand on top of the wheel and cruise pimp style.lol are these some kinda crappy mods? doesnt look like it came stock like that. anyhow still have not found a manual one on ebay that is not missing the top part.

Last edited by bleedspeed; 05-19-11 at 04:53 AM.
Old 05-19-11, 05:01 AM
bleedspeed
Lead Lap

if there is no chance of getting a manual one with the top still intact then there has to be something we can do with the shift buttons. how about wiring them to your dome lamp and other accent lighting? turn on dome lights while driving without taking your hands off the wheel sounds cool. stereo volume would be ideal but that would take some real skill. anyone got any other ideas for the buttons? other then nos. maybe they could be wired to a bass ****?
Old 05-19-11, 01:36 PM
tougelabs
Driver School Candidate

I have never been a fan of any stock wheel but the IS looks nice... I always ran a nardi deep cone on all my cars and was planning on picking up a leather with red stitching next week to replace this giant mess of a wheel that comes stock.
Old 05-19-11, 06:40 PM
GS FONZy
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by bleedspeed
i am in for the is300 wheel i will be doing a black on beige like the car earlier in the thread. with the upper trim black and lower trim beige. hopefully i will find black carpet as well. so the is wheel is gonna look sweet. question though! i have been checking these wheels out on ebay and from what i have seen is the manual version does not have those buttons. but it seems weird to me though that the top portion of the wheel is missing. what is up with that? does anybody have one of these in their sc? and is there a manual version that is not missing the top part of the wheel? just confusing to me. i dont think i like it at all but seeing one installed has got me curious.
what the hell is with these on ebay? i cant even imagine not being able to throw my hand on top of the wheel and cruise pimp style.lol are these some kinda crappy mods? doesnt look like it came stock like that. anyhow still have not found a manual one on ebay that is not missing the top part.
I have a manual IS wheel and it's not missing the top section.
Attached Thumbnails is300 steering wheel upgrade..-img_0641.jpg  
Old 05-19-11, 07:47 PM
KahnBB6

Received 1,216 Likes on 854 Posts

Any car modification and its benefits or good/bad looks is based in opinion.

That said, I have an '01 MR2 wheel with an '01 IS300 airbag and a black SC400 column cover. It looks like it could have come that way from the factory.

The GS three-spoke wheel swaps give a more updated luxury look. The IS/MR2/MatrixXRS/CorollaXRS wheels give a sportier look (as long as you're happy with black and buy a black steering column cover).
Old 05-20-11, 04:28 AM
HiPSI
Lexus Test Driver

I have a manual IS wheel and it's not missing the top section.
That looks great and you retained the cruise! I remember my IS300 wheel felt very sporty were as the sc300 one doesn't at all.
Old 05-20-11, 09:05 AM
GS FONZy
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by HiPSI
That looks great and you retained the cruise! I remember my IS300 wheel felt very sporty were as the sc300 one doesn't at all.
SC wheel looks like it's the same as the LS, not meant for a sports car.

No cruise control for now, however, the plugs are the same, just the pin layout changed. Once I have some time, I'll try to get wheel diagrams and see if I can make them work. I don't see why it would not work once the pins are placed where they need to be.
Old 05-20-11, 01:01 PM
SC1984
Pole Position

If u can figure out the cruise control, do let us know, that's what I'm missing from mine, I believe u still need the cruise control switch from the Sc steering wheel.

Quick Reply: is300 steering wheel upgrade..