SC- 1st Gen (1992-2000)

Buyer Beware!! Sean Pierre Supra-Tahir!

Search this Thread

Old 07-21-14, 08:10 PM
babowc
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Buyer Beware!! Sean Pierre Supra-Tahir!

Sean Pierre Supra-Tahir thinks that he can delete the massive thread with his accusations of me being a fraud. I will admit that I submitted a PayPal dispute out of spite of his lack of "give-a-****" mentality about this transaction. I cancelled it, but it went through and nothing happened. TBH, it would've been a godsend if it DID go through, because then he would approach me for the refund completion.

Anyways, for those TLDRers, Sean Pierre Supra-Tahir sells me a set of wheels which everyone has seen on here for $500. I called him to verify the condition, specifically whether it was round without cracks. He verifies that they are and holds air. I unassumingly trust him and purchase the wheels and he helped me load them up in my SC300 in trash bags. In the meantime, he tells me that the wheels are infact "Marcato" brand and not varrstoens as he advertised. Apparently he had enough time to examine the wheels, research the brand and price, but not the condition of the wheels. I bring it home, take it to a shop and tire tech discovers that two wheels have bends in them. I contact Sean (who has now blocked me) in regards to a full refund or partial refund. He gives me the "you bought them, tough ****" talk. I call him out on the very same thread that he paints me as a fraud (refer to beginning) and he deletes his thread and blocks me.

You can come to a conclusion by yourselves, but although there are two sides to a story, if he's knowingly deleting the thread that he is in such disadvantage, that must describe it all.
At any rate, don't trust Sean Pierre Supra-Tahir. He not only did not disclose the fact that there were bends in two of the wheels, he did not disclose the fact that the "parts-car" that it was coming off of was involved in a fire that scorched one of the tires.

He unblocked me as of this posting, and his FB profile: https://www.facebook.com/ahsan.tahir.3950

Apparently, he sells Supra parts and custom headlights/taillights.
Old 07-21-14, 08:19 PM
t2d2
Lead Lap

Received 228 Likes on 208 Posts

People would be a lot more sympathetic to your position if you didn't post a private conversation. I don't know who the other dude is or what the truth of the matter is, but that's not cool.
Old 07-21-14, 08:21 PM
babowc
Driver

I'm not looking for sympathy, but just others to not get bent over like I did.
Old 07-21-14, 08:32 PM
t2d2
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by babowc
I'm not looking for sympathy, but just others to not get bent over like I did.
You missed the point. Posting a private conversation makes you look worse, not better. I read through it (I have no idea why), and it isn't clear to me that the seller was in the wrong. Like he said, you had a chance to inspect the wheels in person. Whether he was honestly unaware of the damage is anyone's best guess, but few people are going to fault him after your airing of dirty laundry in that manner.
Old 07-21-14, 08:39 PM
babowc
Driver

That's understandable.. It's part my fault for not thoroughly inspecting the wheels before purchase. I need to take my own advice about being more aware of shady sellers.
Only trusted him since he was very active in my area, my negligence.
Things he state do not add up: takes off wheels, inspects and has time to find out that the wheels are "Marcato" brand and looks up the price on these -now-discontinued-wheels- (can't even find anything on these wheels) but not the time to inspect the wheels. He stated that the wheels were round and free of bends/cracks, which I was most concerned with, but with my negligence and his business tactic, I end up with two wheels with bends that I need to fix for more than half of what I paid for these wheels.

Asked for refund as he disclosed them as round and no cracks, but he declined and said "tough ****".
Old 07-21-14, 08:47 PM
oldManTan
Lexus Champion

Received 49 Likes on 41 Posts

guy seems like a Bee-otch, most people i've done business with either refund or help you fix stuff at least. my buddy bought a truck here, radiator busted, the guy fixed it the next day.

there's good people but there's mostly shady ***** heads
Old 07-21-14, 08:56 PM
babowc
Driver

I'd like to note that my transactions here have been smooth.
Both selling and purchasing transactions. I recently sold an used ps pump to a guy for $40, he installed it and said it didn't work, I refunded him the money even though he had taken it apart.

I use the same userID on every forum I visit, and I do not believe I have a single negative transaction. Some car people are shady, some aren't. It's difficult to weed out the good ones from bad, but I should've known when he had cars and parts littered all over his yard.
Old 07-21-14, 08:57 PM
scENFORCER
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Partly your fault for not inspecting them, but we're already beat that horse to death so I wont further.
I've been in your position before (buying things only to find they were garbage after) and every time the seller said "tough *****". You cant expect a private buyer to care, or be a nice guy, or anything like that. Whenever you're making a purchase its on you to make the decision whether you want it or not before you hand over the money.
On the other hand, if this guy has a business then he should stand by the products he sells. He should give accurate descriptions. And he should not be acting like a douche when there is a problem. I would be worried about losing business acting like this if I was in his shoes..
Old 07-21-14, 09:05 PM
97-SC300
Lexus Fanatic

Received 128 Likes on 107 Posts

I can see why you might be upset, but if you had the opportunity to look at the wheels in person before paying, you have nobody but yourself to blame here.

It would be different if they were shipped to you and this was not disclosed.
Old 07-21-14, 09:10 PM
97-SC300
Lexus Fanatic

Received 128 Likes on 107 Posts

Now imagine you went and bought a used car..... whether it's morally right or wrong, no seller is obligated to give you full disclosure of the vehicle's history or problems. You use your best judgement to make a purchase.

You don't go back to the seller and demand refunds do you? This is silly...
Old 07-21-14, 09:12 PM
babowc
Driver

Originally Posted by 97-SC300
Now imagine you went and bought a used car..... whether it's morally right or wrong, no seller is obligated to give you full disclosure of the vehicle's history or problems. You use your best judgement to make a purchase.

You don't go back to the seller and demand refunds do you? This is silly...
Yep, partly my fault for taking his word.
I should've inspected them a lot more thoroughly before purchasing them. Live and learn, I guess.
Old 07-22-14, 03:57 AM
Biddles
Lexus Test Driver

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Those are pretty obvious bends, any time you buy wheels you need to triple check each one, roll them and see for bends, it's not like you got them shipped bent, you picked up locally. Sucks you got screwed, and that guy does sound shady as a seller.

For the sake of his business he should have given you something back in return and apologized even if you did make a quick purchase. Of course he doesn't have to, but just to prove he's not a complete douche. I'd probably drive buy and throw a rim through his window....but then again I probably wouldn't have bought those in the first place.
Old 07-22-14, 07:38 AM
t2d2
Lead Lap

For the record, I agree it sucks. Not trying to rain on babowc's parade. No one likes paying a good chunk of money for something in worse shape than expected, and I think everyone here agrees the seller should have provided some sort of refund out of common decency. I would have just handled it differently at your end after the fact. Maybe he's always rude like that, but you backed him into a corner pretty quick and that rarely goes well.
Old 07-22-14, 07:48 AM
Kris9884
Racer

Received 26 Likes on 21 Posts

Just an old fashioned live and learn scenario.. Sucks man, are you going to get them repaired? Whats the size/offset of them, have anymore pictures? I'm just trying to gauge a value to see if you at least made out with mountable wheels that you can enjoy in the end.
Old 07-22-14, 08:24 AM
babowc
Driver

They're 19x10.5 square. The bends cost $150 per wheel to repair. I feel like it's not worth repairing the wheels for that amount of money, since I could probably buy new wheels for just a couple hundred more. I inspected the front of the wheels where the damage was said to have been, but should've been more scrutinizing of the damages and inspected the entirety.

If you see the conversation, I initially asked him for a return or a partial refund and he denied it and said the gist of "tough ****". Then I file the claim out of spite and cancelled it. There were no evidence of it in my PayPal acct because I checked periodically throughout the day, but I received a notification saying that my claim was invalid (which it was). He made the first accusation of me being a fraud (rightfully so, in his eyes) due to the claim and proceeded to post an entire thread about it. I retaliated, naturally.