SC- 1st Gen (1992-2000)

LS460L or SC300

Search this Thread

Old 06-09-09, 04:10 PM
93SC300.
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default LS460L or SC300

Good title right lol. well ive run into a problem in the past couple weeks. ive been meaning to start again modding my ride. 93 sc300, dpw with an ac kit. I was going with 19x12s and whatever else you know. basically vip. then im leaving to the army in 3 and a half months so by the time im ready to begin modding again i will have a big chunk of cash saved up. i decided i wanted to go like a T76 on a GTE 6 Speed swap. Well ive run into another problem now. i love the LS460L. I was thinking of picking one up mid next year when im done with all my training and have a good amount of money saved up. But that means no more modding the sc until the LS is paid off which will be a while. i know i wont be driving the sc much cause i will be picking up a beater also, good gas and reliable. I been here for about 3 yeard and love my sc but i love the LS460s. simple mods 22s, brake upgrade and tuck the wheels etc... thats it. Still 25000 more after the car =/. i live in cali so the emissions are serious around here. especially here in fresno where supposedly everyone "street races" their hondas and if your young and drive anything with wheels they can consider a "ricer" your getting your hood popped. a lot of drama with under the hood mods. Lemme hear some input guys. Mod the sc around 700+ wheel or cruise the big monster. thanks
Old 06-09-09, 04:50 PM
GS FONZy
Lexus Champion

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

You can not afford it, but I guess it's nice to day dream and start a thread about it
Old 06-09-09, 05:08 PM
Blurr
Driver

Keep the SC. Mod it. Make everything look stock by keeping it in dull black colors. No Chrome whatsoever. Keep the engine bay dirty. It always works. Then, save up for the LS460L.
Old 06-09-09, 05:35 PM
93SC300.
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by GS FONZy
You can not afford it, but I guess it's nice to day dream and start a thread about it
lol cant afford it. trying to burst my bubble lol. im only 22 and have no bills lmao. its ok buddy think what you want, i have nothing to prove to anyone on here. just here for some input. anyways. you must know a lot about that day dream stuff
Old 06-09-09, 06:04 PM
turbodremz
Lexus Champion

hmm..LS460L starts at what, just under $80k?..with NO extras, and does not include the cost of the Luxury Trim package, which is another what $9k...

and your debating between that or a car that used can be had WITH modifications for around $9 or $10k?..little bit of a price difference...

training or not, the DP on an LS460L is going to be highway robbery, depending on your credit...I say mod the SC, seems a bit more realistic.
Old 06-09-09, 06:32 PM
93SC300.
Lead Lap

well first of all in the military its much easier to get a loan. much easier than out here. a benefit of it. a new one im not really leaning towards because of the price and even if i did pay 1000+ a month it would matter cause i dont have bills. i wont pay rent, gas, food, nothing. lol. im being realistic here. im not asking your opinion if i can afford to purchase a car. im asking dump money into my 300 or put it on hold and purchase a 460. ive been leaning towards the 460. even if i found a used one and put 25000 down on it and the car was 60000 id still be ok. most of the people on here are purchasing new gs, is, sc's and what not and im sure their doing it with bills on the side like house payments, kids, other car payments. i have none of that. so lets look past all the debate on the price and talk about the fact of this thread. mod 700+ hp like i said or ls460. we know modding isnt cheap also. just a motor and 6 speed... 10000+ on purchase and install. thanks guys
Old 06-09-09, 06:46 PM
blazin_1
Driver School Candidate

any penny earned is a penny saved.

A very true statement. you can have a paided off sc, or even buy a newer sc mod it vip or what ever you want. either way i am sure it will be paided off.

the way things are now in our economy, best way to go is not to finance to much.

i sure you could afford it since you say you can, or it wouldn't be a thought.

but hey to each his own
Old 06-09-09, 06:59 PM
turbodremz
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by 93SC300.
well first of all in the military its much easier to get a loan. much easier than out here. a benefit of it. a new one im not really leaning towards because of the price and even if i did pay 1000+ a month it would matter cause i dont have bills. i wont pay rent, gas, food, nothing. lol. im being realistic here. im not asking your opinion if i can afford to purchase a car. im asking dump money into my 300 or put it on hold and purchase a 460. ive been leaning towards the 460. even if i found a used one and put 25000 down on it and the car was 60000 id still be ok. most of the people on here are purchasing new gs, is, sc's and what not and im sure their doing it with bills on the side like house payments, kids, other car payments. i have none of that. so lets look past all the debate on the price and talk about the fact of this thread. mod 700+ hp like i said or ls460. we know modding isnt cheap also. just a motor and 6 speed... 10000+ on purchase and install. thanks guys
been in the military, and let me tell you, you DONT make that much money especially if your still in AIT..and yes you will have bills..and if you get a loan, you wont get a $25000 loan being in the military..sorry I know how the military and the government works..your best bet would be to put money into the sc, or sell the one you have and buy one that has some mods and carry on from there. I'm not debating about you having the money to afford an LS, I'm telling you from experience that your not making that much money..i would mod the sc, or leave it stock and plan on an 8+yr enlistment THEN get an LS460.
Old 06-09-09, 07:00 PM
93SC300.
Lead Lap

i dont want this to turn into wages and salaries. i just wanna stick to the thought of the thread. mod the sc300 or purchase a LS460. lets keep to the subject. payments and all that ill worry about. doesnt do anyone any good be worried or concerned how the car will get paid. most of us have bill which range from rent, kids and car payments, costing 1000+ every month im sure. the fact is i dont and wont =). enough said
Old 06-09-09, 07:03 PM
turbodremz
Lexus Champion

i'm not trying to burn you or anything, just letting you know that the money you are making during training seems nice, but once you get to your PDS your going to have bills..military pay sucks..what branch are you in by the way?
Old 06-09-09, 07:05 PM
93SC300.
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by turbodremz
been in the military, and let me tell you, you DONT make that much money especially if your still in AIT..and yes you will have bills..and if you get a loan, you wont get a $25000 loan being in the military..sorry I know how the military and the government works..your best bet would be to put money into the sc, or sell the one you have and buy one that has some mods and carry on from there. I'm not debating about you having the money to afford an LS, I'm telling you from experience that your not making that much money..i would mod the sc, or leave it stock and plan on an 8+yr enlistment THEN get an LS460.
well my wife is in the military as we speak and i see her LES whenever i want and we make more than enough money to afford what we would like. ill worry bout the payments like i said. lets put it this way. if you can save money they way you would like, spend the way you would like would you mod your sc? well i guess i rather purchase a car then mod i guess we can ay. the money i make in the army will be SAVED for my future purchases if it was modding or buying a car. ill worry about the dp and when its there then ill go for it.
Old 06-09-09, 07:07 PM
93SC300.
Lead Lap

the army. well when i get there ill worry bout that. if i go over seas then even better. non taxable, not spending money overseas is my plan. if its in iraq or whatever then im not gonna be buying sand or anything lol
Old 06-09-09, 07:11 PM
turbodremz
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by 93SC300.
well my wife is in the military as we speak and i see her LES whenever i want and we make more than enough money to afford what we would like. ill worry bout the payments like i said. lets put it this way. if you can save money they way you would like, spend the way you would like would you mod your sc? well i guess i rather purchase a car then mod i guess we can ay. the money i make in the army will be SAVED for my future purchases if it was modding or buying a car. ill worry about the dp and when its there then ill go for it.
ahh...ok, so your spouse is active as well..that brings in a whole new perspective. I was gonna tell you that if you wanted to make good money in the military to get married or get deployed ..in that case then yes, it would be financially possible if managed correctly to get an LS..in that case I would leave the SC semi stock and just save for the LS.

whats your MOS?
Old 06-09-09, 07:15 PM
93SC300.
Lead Lap

im going in as an E3 35g. imagrey analyst. its an MI job. when im in im fast classing to be a warrant. my scores were 1 point off so i got plans once im in, just sticking to them. well thats why i didnt want this to turn into a financial thing, iam married and my wife is enlisted also.
Old 06-09-09, 07:19 PM
Avarec
Lexus Test Driver

showoff you are captain

Quick Reply: LS460L or SC300