SC- 1st Gen (1992-2000)

i was very hurt last night...... (not physically)

Search this Thread

Old 05-17-09, 09:19 AM
Avarec
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

in us we want toyo and soarer badges, but everywhere else lexus is god, id never take lexus badges off why??? Soarer is good but sc is peak, everything is more luxurius but soarer got that down to earth uniqueness and simpleness
Old 05-17-09, 10:06 AM
OMD
Pole Position

Originally Posted by Avarec
in us we want toyo and soarer badges, but everywhere else lexus is god, id never take lexus badges off why??? Soarer is good but sc is peak, everything is more luxurius but soarer got that down to earth uniqueness and simpleness
actually the soarer is more luxurious than the sc.. it has air suspension for one... electric folding mirrors with ultrasonic vibrator, rear wiper and so on...
Old 05-17-09, 10:12 AM
Amini9
Lexus Test Driver

Yeah, the soarer is much more luxurious, but for US cases, if i were to get different badges, I would keep the L and put SOARER.

then i dont get crap for having a T.
Old 05-17-09, 10:22 AM
TRDgTE
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by Classified
After she flamed you, you should have asked her, "What the five fingers say to the face?" After she blankly stares back at you, yell "SLAP!" And then proceed to pop her in the mouth... and then throw a burka on her when your done.
I dont think that would be a good idea unless you want to get arrested
Old 05-17-09, 10:27 AM
GZZ-TT
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If your feelings get hurt by a girl about owning a car designed by Toyota/Lexus in the 80's, which costs less that $10K, then you should probably just get a newer different car. Sounds like your girl needs to step up and put her in her place ...Friends don't make snide comments like that...
Old 05-17-09, 10:38 AM
OMD
Pole Position

Originally Posted by Amini9
Yeah, the soarer is much more luxurious, but for US cases, if i were to get different badges, I would keep the L and put SOARER.

yeah, i did that, just the other way around.. i kept the SOARER and changed the T to L.. but still i tell people that toyota makes lexus, im proud of my yota..
Old 05-17-09, 10:42 AM
FuMoFFuTT
Lexus Test Driver

There's been a lot of hate and drama between them. lol
My girlfriend actually did impress me by saying, "Do you even know what this car is? It's a Lexus SC400 in Canada. Toyota MAKES Lexus; if you don't know anything don't say anything."

Hehehehe.. i guess my hours and hours of talking about my car got through to her..

Originally Posted by UZZ-TT
...Friends don't make snide comments like that...
Old 05-17-09, 10:45 AM
Ryeno
Banned

Originally Posted by FuMoFFuTT
I find most girls don't know that Toyota makes Lexus..

I wonder if I rebadged my Soarer with a Lexus sign, would it make a difference? hehehe..
Why doesnt your right exhaust line up right? Mine is just like that but thats because i got hit.

And yes i would rebadge the soarer with a lexus badge. Your finally getting a tast of the real world. No matter what you do a toyota is always a toyota. This means in the eyes of everyone who doesnt know about import tuners(which is like 99% of people in the world) your car is always going to be looked down on. You can stand up tall and say blah blah blah i like my car or say well its a lexus in america, but they are still going to think what they are going to think. Essentially keeping that toyota badge is asking for disrespect, simple as that.
Originally Posted by Kaydee
taking a girl's opinion about cars is like taking a man's opinion on what dress a girl should buy
not really. Most guys and girls dont know jack about cars and most guys know what looks better on a girl then a girl. Thats why girls have gay guy friends.

that's stupid, your better off buy removing the sc badge then putting a soarer on it. No luxury car is a "name" they are all a class plus engine displacement.
Old 05-17-09, 10:53 AM
FuMoFFuTT
Lexus Test Driver

Exhaust doesn't line up because I had the custom 3" piping done and they made it before I installed the lip, right now it needs to be moved a bit that's all.
Old 05-17-09, 10:59 AM
Amini9
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by Ryeno
That's stupid, your better off buy removing the sc badge then putting a soarer on it. No luxury car is a "name" they are all a class plus engine displacement.
The point is to keep the SOARER-ness of the car, but not get 'disrespected' by know-it-all girls. The know-it-all girls aren't going to look at the Lexus badge and say WTF IS A SOARER?! they ill take it as a nice lexus.
Old 05-17-09, 11:09 AM
Ryeno
Banned

The point is to keep the SOARER-ness of the car, but not get 'disrespected' by know-it-all girls. The know-it-all girls aren't going to look at the Lexus badge and say WTF IS A SOARER?! they ill take it as a nice lexus.
What soarer-ness? Its a car. Its weird how knowing social science affects your thinking process. Their is nothing cool or special about having a soarer badge. Its just a classic example of the grass is always greener idiom. Its such an illogical thought process, i dont understand how people fall slave to it.
Originally Posted by 2GSNoLess
Heck, when people say my car's just a Toyota I take it as a compliment. Better have it be built by a reliable company unlike Mercedes (during the Daimler/Chrysler merge... Eh, who am I kidding, they're still junk pre and post-merge) or a GM built Cadillac. No need to get hurt over the roots, sir
You live in a world of people, were peoples actions can and will affect you. Your best of taking advantage of the situation and using it to your advantage. Trying to dismiss their comments is foolish and trying to spin them into a compliment is just self-delusional. Feeling that pain is your bodys way of telling you something is wrong, its supposed to be motivation to change yourself for the better, ignoring that is just counter-productive.

No matter how much you dont like it, a mercades benz will always be cooler then a lexus or a bmw and worlds above toyota. And actually while were talking about it MB is actually a lot nicer then all other car brands but this is getting off-topic so i will stop.

Last edited by Ryeno; 05-17-09 at 11:17 AM.
Old 05-17-09, 11:10 AM
TRD_Power
Lead Lap

Received 78 Likes on 66 Posts

Heck, when people say my car's just a Toyota I take it as a compliment. Better have it be built by a reliable company unlike Mercedes (during the Daimler/Chrysler merge... Eh, who am I kidding, they're still junk pre and post-merge) or a GM built Cadillac. No need to get hurt over the roots of our quality machines, sir.
Old 05-17-09, 11:48 AM
Amini9
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by Ryeno
a mercades benz will always be cooler then a lexus or a bmw and worlds above toyota. And actually while were talking about it MB is actually a lot nicer then all other car brands but this is getting off-topic so i will stop.
Just to point out, that whole paragraph that you just wrote is opinion based.
Old 05-17-09, 11:54 AM
Classified
Driver

This whole thread is full of logical fallacies. I love it!
Old 05-17-09, 11:59 AM
Ryeno
Banned

Just to point out, that whole paragraph that you just wrote is opinion based.
nope, fact. Look at the GPS unlike Toyota you can actually enter an address while driving. Style wise lexus is very plain compared to the new MB. The 2SC doesnt even come close to the SLK which is why toyota is dropping it. And the quality of the new lexus has fallen, lifetime transmission that doesn't need oil changes? Out of the new lexus lineup the rx is the only car that shines and even then i wouldnt want to own it past 90k miles. Back in the day it was a different story, the sc looks far better then the old SL but times have changed.

Quick Reply: i was very hurt last night...... (not physically)