SC- 1st Gen (1992-2000)

Pictures of Stuff....

Search this Thread

Old 09-30-13, 01:54 PM
stockhatch
Lexus Champion

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I would go through the entire harness, starting with the injector circuits. Good luck with it mang. I know you have been through a lot, but it will be something simple in the end.
Old 10-01-13, 07:36 AM
OBEEWON
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I appreciate that.
Old 10-02-13, 11:44 AM
OBEEWON
Lead Lap

here is a list of parts I have changed:

Four ecus. One fresh from caps service at driftmotion
All six injectors
Three fprs
Three fuel ecus
2 sets of Coil packs
2 sets of Spark plugs
Both cam sensors
Crank sensor
Three tps things
Entire throttle body swapped to non trac
2 alternators
Wiring pulled inspected and ohm tested
Bypassed fuel dampener
Fuel filter
Fuel pump
Wheels
Tires
Battery
Car
Ladies
Gentlemen
Dogs
Cats
Coil pack connectors
Ecu coolant temp sensor
New gas
Igniter
Children
Old 10-02-13, 04:42 PM
Porter92
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm absolutely in love with this thread man, just spent the last 2-3 hours reading every post. This thread gave me a little inspiration to keep going with my car, as I was starting to want to sell it.

Keep up the amazing work OBE, i'm sure it'll all work out in the end.

Subscribed.
Old 10-02-13, 05:15 PM
stockhatch
Lexus Champion

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Did you say you know someone with a 1jz swapped sc?
Old 10-03-13, 10:51 AM
OBEEWON
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by Porter92
I'm absolutely in love with this thread man, just spent the last 2-3 hours reading every post. This thread gave me a little inspiration to keep going with my car, as I was starting to want to sell it.

Keep up the amazing work OBE, i'm sure it'll all work out in the end.

Subscribed.
Thank you man. I appreciate the encouragement.

Originally Posted by stockhatch
Did you say you know someone with a 1jz swapped sc?
No I don't. The only SC's I know have 2J's and they are far away. I know zero people with 1J SC's.
Old 10-04-13, 04:54 PM
Jos
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I like the multitude of families you changed out whilst working on this car, gave me a good laugh. Keep up working on it mate, it'll all turn out well enough in the end. Would say owning an M3 is worth it? Or just keep my almost mint Sc300? There is an M3 here locally that looks really nice, I always wanted one but I know they can be more trouble than they're worth, would you agree or do you think it's a good car to have?
Old 10-07-13, 08:58 AM
OBEEWON
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by Jos
I like the multitude of families you changed out whilst working on this car, gave me a good laugh. Keep up working on it mate, it'll all turn out well enough in the end. Would say owning an M3 is worth it? Or just keep my almost mint Sc300? There is an M3 here locally that looks really nice, I always wanted one but I know they can be more trouble than they're worth, would you agree or do you think it's a good car to have?
Someone asked me this on Sunday.
They are hit or miss. I have not really been able to enjoy mine as I have been focused on the Lexus. But it is a very fun car and very nice. They have very stupid issues and they are very sensitive. If you baby a car then yes they are worth it. But if you are rough on your car then there is nothing like a Toyota. The Lexus (when working) takes a serious beating and it doesnt feel like it is about to crack.

I sold the white Lexus on Sunday. Sad and happy to see it go same time because it was a good shell but I have no time or energy for it.

Ruiz came and helped me get it ready to be taken away and away it went.

Then he took me moto for a spin.

Old 10-07-13, 10:40 AM
OBEEWON
Lead Lap

M3 is now at Mishimoto. More about that here:

Mishimoto… | fantastic voyages unlimited
Old 10-08-13, 10:40 AM
OBEEWON
Lead Lap

Links elsewhere are wack. I was being lazy.

Mishimoto…

Mishimoto is an american company that specializes in cooling systems for cars.
I had been in talks with John Petty at Mishimoto to lend them my car for development of a radiator and oil cooler for the E46 M3.

Luckily I have not had any issues with my stock cooling system but a few times at the track I had seen temperatures get a bit warmer than I would like.

So I was happy to hear from John that they were ready to take my car in for development.

John gave me a tour of the facility, showed me some of their upcoming itmes, and explained their process.

Using some very nice equipment they develop radiators for Diesel trucks to supercars and everything in between.

This particular item I have worked with before in my engineering and design training. It is a 3D printer driven by 3d modeling software. If you can model it, this thing can make it.

This is one of the items that was being worked on recently. A pipe coupling for a diesel truck.

Mishimoto recently moved into a new building with a workspace in the back. This way they could save time by doing installations, demo videos, testing all in house.

I don’t have much experience with Mishimoto’s products. I have used their radiator breifly in the past. While I was pleased with the appearance of the radiator I did not own the vehicle long enough to test it out thoroughly. So I will be curious to see how these items work.
Part one is acquiring measurements for the oil cooler and radiator for the E46. Part two I will return my car to Mishimoto for testing. More pictures of their facility then.

Nerd Mode.

On my way to Mishimoto I spotted a familiar shape out of the corner of my eye. I asked John to make a stop as he was driving me back home so I could take a closer look.

Now I have not seen many GT40′s in person and even fewer in the wild so I my eye was not keen enough to discern if this was the real deal. So I walked into the shop it was parked in front of to talk to the owner.

“It’s a replica.” The owner informed me with a smile. He was clearly proud of his work, and why shouldn’t he be? It was close enough to confuse me so he had done a great job. He informed me that wherever possible he used original parts and everything else was to spec. After getting his permission to take some pictures I popped back outside.

Replica or not I did not care. It was beautiful. The fact that the owner drove it to work frequently made it even better. John agreed.

Nothing is more shameful to me than a beautiful painting, or sculpture being hidden away in someones private collection. It should be on display for all to see, and doubly so for a car.

Even if just once a week, they should be in the sun so little kids can jump up and down with their minds blown in awe as it rumbles past.

Nothing is sadder than a car that rusts away in a barn or sits in a garage under a cover only to be pulled out once a year to be washed then tucked away.

Cars are not investments, they are not status symbols, nerdy idealizations of technology, they are grown man toys.

[IMG]The public road is the living room carpet, and these cars are our Maisto 1:18 scale models.[/IMG]

Old 10-30-13, 07:32 AM
OBEEWON
Lead Lap

So I'm sick of this not being about the SC. I went to One Motion last night and had a long conversation with Mike. 8 months and almost $2k the car is not running. We talked about what to do.

He feels the engine harness needs to be replaced since it is about the only thing aside from the engine itself that has not been changed. I am reluctant to do so because he pulled it apart and checked it over and said everything looked fine. He Ohm tested it as well. So far I have spent almost 2 grand throwing parts at the problem, enough to buy a new engine. The only thing we have not replaced is the engine and the engine harness.

He wants me to buy a brand new harness from Tweak'd performance but two things make me nervous.

1. he said he is 50% sure its the harness. $1,000 is a lot for 50% certainty.
2. I wouldn't mind spending $1,000 on a brand new harness but I don't know specifically if the harness is 100% new.

So I sent Tweak'd this email. Hopefully they get back to me.

Hi, I'm trying to determine if I need to buy a brand new engine harness from you. At this point I have tried everything but replacing the harness. I have a 92 SC300 oem 5 speed with a 1JZ pulled from a manual Soarer. Both are 1992. I had the swap running and driving for a year when I crashed and had to re-shell. After I got the swap running in the new shell a wire in the body harness was damaged and arched on some metal in the wheel well. From then on the engine would not rev over 2,000 RPM.

I bought another running and driving 92 SC300 OEM 5 speed and put the engine in with the same issues. So I took it to a shop and they took the harness apart and checked over the wires and ohm-ed them as well. They told me it was fine and continued to trouble shoot. 8 months and quite a lot of money and parts later they think it's the harness.

This is a list of new parts we have tried:

1. ECU x3
2. Injectors
3. Fuel rail
4. FPR x3
5. Fuel Pump x2
6. Fuel Filter
7. Igniter
8. Timing checked twice
9. New timing belt tensioner
10. Coil packs
11. Spark plugs
12. Fuel
13. Crank Sensor
14. Knock Sensors
15. Cam sensors
16. Coolant temp sensor (ecu)
17. spot welded crank trigger wheel
18. Coil pack connectors
19. Fuel Dampener Bypass
20. Fuel Pump ECU x3
21. Fuel Pump bypass 12v constant modification
22. Ice Cream

At this point the only thing we have not changed is the wiring harness. The car will not rev above 2,000 rpm, the fuel pump runs as long as the battery is connected, we have double checked and triple checked pin outs to make sure the wiring is correct (even though it has not changed since the engine last ran successfully), and the engine floods. Let me know your thoughts please. I am just afraid to spend $1,000 without being sure that this is the issue especially after spending so much money already.
If anyone has experience with Tweak'd or their product a review would help a ton.

Stuffs for sale so I can live, aka I need the money bro. If you truly love me you will not make fun of the prices. Write it off on your taxes as a donation to charity. Face:

Never installed brand new Origin Carbon fiber 1750mm GT wing and stands. -$855

Pair of Bride Maxis seats, one used one still new - $500 (WithWedge brackets made for either E46 M3 or SC300/400 $800)

Work Equips 18x10.5 +3 18x11 -3 $2800

Work Equips 18x10+22 and 18x11+11 - $2800

Brand new 1J/2J TPS - $50

SC300 wiring book - $25

Stuff I don't have pictures of yet:

OEM SC300 97+ Urethane Side Skirts - $300
Hood vent, whatchucall it style - $190
Vertex Side skirts - $300
Vertex Style Sideskirts - $200
Vertex Style front bumper - $200
OEM Chucki 95 - 96 bumper - $275
Rideskins Urethane front lip modified to fit 96-96 bumper - $375
OEM SC300/400 hood (white) - $200
OEM SC300/400 trunk with spoiler (white) - $250
Old 10-30-13, 10:40 AM
Highway
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

My Harness was Brand new when i received it! Cam from Tweak'd was super professional and answered all my silly Questions. My mechanic needed to clarify some things with him when he dropped it in and Cam once again was readily available to speak with him. My car is @ Import Intelligence as we speak and I just got word that the motor fired right up.

2jzgte non vvti into 95sc300 5spd. One connector either temp or starter had to be swapped which was incorrectly ordered by myself. Long Story short, the car was @ another shop which ended up having to abruptly close by Nov 1st so I had Matt pick her up and take over the swap. This was last week and she fired up today for the 1st time without a hitch minus other issues un related to the harness.
Attached Thumbnails Pictures of Stuff....-new-harness.jpg  

Last edited by Highway; 10-30-13 at 04:49 PM.
Old 10-30-13, 11:06 AM
OBEEWON
Lead Lap

Thanks for that review. This is which engine into which car? Do you know what questions Matt had for Tweak'd?
Old 10-30-13, 11:23 AM
alucard655
Driver School Candidate

I purchased a harness from Tweak'd for my 2000 SC300 with an Aristo VVT-i 2JZ-GTE.
It was a brand new harness which I installed myself. Once it was installed everything powered up correctly but would not turn over. I finally was able to figure out that the injectors are wired slightly different on my order and I had it fixed. Tweak'd offered to fix it for free but I was not going to un-install the harness again. I commend them on their customer service and help, many phone calls trying to figure that issue out.
Old 10-30-13, 11:53 AM
GTE4Life
Rookie

I got my whole engine swap done by Dr. Tweak about 2 years back. I got their very first 100% NEW harness and when I picked up the car EVERYTHING work perfectly well. I am still driving the cay 2 years later and have had zero issues, they are a great shop and do great work, I would absolutely purchase from them again without any worries.

Quick Reply: Pictures of Stuff....