SC- 1st Gen (1992-2000)

(CANCELED) Replacement clear or colored headlight Lens (CANCELED)

Search this Thread

Old 01-10-09, 09:18 AM
Biggu
Lexus Champion

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by boobstar
I would like an update on whats going on. I am stilling waiting on my fogs that I already paid for that were supposed to be done already I thought
makes me really glad i didn't send a payment now.
Old 01-10-09, 09:37 AM
Chawk60
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

No reflection on Top Hat, but I have to recommend no other CL members NOT to send any money until folks start receiving what they have paid for. This situation (if you look objectively) has the trimmings of being a scam. I sincerely hope it is not, as I have sent $100 for lenses, but it could be. Any true entrepeneur/business man would understand. I got a PM from him about a week ago stating he would update this thread the next day, however that hasn't happened. Let's hope for the best.

Please note his last post was 19 Dec........
Old 01-10-09, 10:00 AM
kyoso23
Lexus Test Driver

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

I sent $100 on the 19th as well... heres a discouraging message from the GS thread. I'm sure it's not necessarily a scam, but it looks like they may have bit off more than they could chew. They were apparently depending on a lot of the SC guys to buy the high beams so they could have some cash to keep moving. How many others have paid for what was supposedly ready?

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/gs-...nterest-8.html
Old 01-10-09, 10:32 AM
boobstar
Lexus Test Driver

The thing is not everyone was interested in the highs and I thought a lot of people expressed that. I was interested in the lows and the fogs, only one of which was available and I did my part by paying for them. I understand things dont go as planned but there is also a lot of peoples money floating around with no update on the situation. A simple heads up of what that status is would bring a lot of peoples faith back i think.
Old 01-10-09, 01:21 PM
aka paco
Lexus Champion

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

i never knew anything about the highbeam and fog production.. i remember reading all about the headlight lenses and that's what i thought everyone else wanted as well..
Old 01-10-09, 01:38 PM
Cleanshots
Lexus Champion

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

this is really lame. i emailed him 4 times, NOTHING.... i searched goolde for sherlock society and top hst, snd i didnt find anything.
Old 01-10-09, 01:43 PM
ScottURnot
Super Moderator

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Just a thought guys,
If I were a scammer, I would have told you all I had low beams too and took your money for them as well.
Just my 2 cents.
Old 01-10-09, 01:56 PM
camberSC
Lexus Champion

Let's not jump to conclusions guys, I am with Scott on this one.... Let's give him the benefit of the doubt.
Old 01-10-09, 02:17 PM
boobstar
Lexus Test Driver

I dont think its a scam personally, I just think peoples concerns need to be addressed and if the time has in fact changed, we should be notified not just left chasing our tails
Old 01-10-09, 02:56 PM
Chawk60
Pole Position

I'm not saying it is a scam, but just bringing some awareness to the group that something is amiss. It would be prudent if those of us who have already committed money to the project get what was promised before more people "invest"...

It could be a simple as the guy went to visit his mom in West VA and there is no internet there. But it's foolish to believe that this couldn't possibly be a scam. To play Devil's advocate for ScottUR, it might be too much work to fab a low beam lense, but a fog or HB is smaller and less complicated. The presentation of a prototype with the promise of more products was enough for people to send money. As was already stated...if he provided us updates with reasonable date for delivery, this would all be resolved.

How many people have made a payment for anything SC related from Top Hat? Let's take a poll to just so everyone is on the same page:

1.Chawk60 (Fogs/HBs)
Old 01-10-09, 03:31 PM
boobstar
Lexus Test Driver

1.Chawk60 (Fogs/HBs)
2.Boobstar (97 fogs)
Old 01-10-09, 06:17 PM
Kaydee
Hacked CL to become a Mod

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

give Top Hat benefit of the doubt...he was excellent during the Sherlock wheels group buy. But hopefully he clears things out soon
Old 01-10-09, 06:53 PM
Carbon J
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

This is what I got from tophat when I emailed about lowbeams and nothing else. He never gave me a answer about lowbeams, I'm glad he didn't take money orders.

Re: Lenses

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sorry we take paypal only right now. $100 would get you a set of high beams and fogs. For slight green tint use stain glass paint. It's all covered in the included DIY. - Sam

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajayssc40093
I don't have a paypal account, can I send you a money order? Also do I need to send $100 dollars, to get both the headlights and the cornering lights for my 93sc400? BTW do you have the lenses for the headlights that have that slight green tint?

Thx
AJ

Old 01-10-09, 08:45 PM
Top Hat
Banned

Exclamation

What a week!

First off, let me apologize for the delay in communication. Up until today I did not have all the information to give you guys and now I do. It's only 2 guys running this whole show and we've been busting *** every waking moment to get everything together. Where some things didn't work out others did and I write this post with excitement not disappointment at the events in the last week.

We officially closed our retail store on tuesday. Every winter in the past was hard but on our 4th winter in the Eden Prairie store was much worse then the others and I couldn't afford it any longer. I actually had to get a side job doing interior repairs at dealerships 3 months ago since Streamline Audio USA, the shop that shared the space with Top Hat, needed a couple of months to prepare for us leaving. We knew this was going to happen around the time the last of the Sherlock Society wheels sold and so when it was time to hand in the keys it wasn't that big of a deal. I wish I could have kept the couches though they were so baller!

NOW, Top Hat can focus on internet sales, and I can focus on the Sherlock Society. I'd rather run a warehouse then a shop anyway. I am so excited about what the Sherlock Society stands for and the products they make i'm going to focus on bringing those products to the owners they were intended for, you guys.

This is what was in the works from the Sherlock Society (without getting too specific)

Clear Replacement Headlight Lenses
LED tail lights
Exhaust

The exhaust is done and is waiting a cash infusion to give the go ahead. The LED tail lights have been done but were waiting for a few critical puzzle pieces to fall into place. The clear replacement headlight lenses took the most work, the most money, and had the most problems. We FINALLY got the headlight situation under control and began taking orders. However, after making 2-3 lenses, the coating we put over the molds to prevent the dimple’s cracked and some of it even peeled off of the mold. We repaired them but now the dimples are still there. We can’t get them out, we spent a TON of money on plastic to have only a few people order them, so it’s a bad situation. To make things even worse there was an air bubble from when we repaired the molds and our right inner headlight buck popped like a damn firecracker. They are on hold indefinitely.

HOWEVER, the machine can be retooled for something else we had planned which was waiting for production. I can’t give an exact date since the next few days are going to be crazy but give it 2 weeks. I guarantee you if you thought the headlights were tight this is %100 better. We were planning on releasing this AFTER the headlights as a 1-2 punch but instead it’s going into production NOW to make up for headlights not working.

Bryan and I are SINCERELY sorry that we could not get the dimples out. You can’t see them when they are installed but we KNOW that they are there. We wanted people to open the box and see them and they be %100 clear. Everyone says we are overreacting and people won’t care but WE care.

I’m putting ALL headlight orders on hold until everything is sorted out and I get feedback from the people who ordered them.

If you ordered a set of ANYTHING there are 3 options you have

1. PM us for a refund. We are working on getting rid of some parts and accessories we have to get some cash in case everyone wants a refund. ALL INNER HEADLIGHTS ORDERS WILL BE REFUNDED. We are working out who paid first and the timing of the refunds. Please be patient while we work things out. If you have ANY issues or want to talk about PM me please.

2. PM us the email address you paid from (or that and the address you want it to go to) and we’ll ship out the fogs. Especially the way they mount you don’t see the dimples from the angle and we consider them still a solid product. If you do not like them, send them back, and we’ll refund you your purchase AND your shipping cost.

3. If you would like to use your payment as a deposit on the tail lights we will DOUBLE the payment toward the tails. So if you paid $50 you’d get $100 off the taillights and first shot at buying them. The taillights don’t rely on lexan so the dimples are a non-issue. If you don’t like them when we release pics and information, we’ll refund your money instantly.

or you can do any combination of those choices. If you’d like a refund on the inners but use the money from fogs to hold the tails that works to. I will do whatever I have to do to keep everyone satisfied. I was hoping to surprize everyone with the tail lights but I guess since I’m not posting pics you’ll be pretty damn surprised when I do.

So if you guys have ANY problems please don’t hesitate to PM me and i’ll do everything I can for you. Also everyone who donated headlights will get the tails for free. Your generosity is greatly appreciated and we will return that generosity to you.

It’s ****ty the headlights didn’t work out but trust me there is MUCH MUCH more for you guys. Clear headlights was only the beginning of some very cool stuff so hold your judgment till you see the tails. If you are disappointed by them then we suck.

Sincerely,
Sam and Brian
Old 01-10-09, 08:58 PM
Top Hat
Banned

If I was scamming you guys i'd have asked for $200 per set not $50 freakin dollars haha. I'm out about a thousand dollars in lexan so the only person who lost here is me. Also I just read the posts I didn't realize how much time went past! Thanks to the people who stuck up for us. I've been so busy with everything especially having to bail on building my car halfway through the project to deal with everything going on. We've been in business in a real shop (well until recently) for almost 4 years. We've held Club Lexus meets and My.IS meets and BMW meets and so on. The website is down because it is being redone because of the move and has been down for a few weeks now cause we are adding a e-cart so we don't have to do paypal only and all that jazz.

It has been a REALLY hard week on me but I'm not about to let any of this keep me from getting you guys cool ****. I appreciate everyone hanging in there and thanks to everyone who has supported us through the good and the recently bad. As things settle down and the rest of life falls into place for everyone involved in the Sherlock Society we'll be able to get things straight and bring you guys everything we got. This is a huge bump in the road but we did not curb our lifewheels. Or something like that. I'm doing everything I can right now, if everyone who ordered can PM me that would be a great start to getting all of this figured out. I've never left a costumer upset and i'm not about to. - Sam

Quick Reply: (CANCELED) Replacement clear or colored headlight Lens (CANCELED)