SC- 1st Gen (1992-2000)

Looking for my old SC 400, sold it about 10 yrs ago in Texas.

Old 02-11-21, 09:42 AM
rushgator
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Question Looking for my old SC 400, sold it about 10 yrs ago in Texas.

Well, here's something I haven't done in almost a decade. Post a thread on CL. LOL

So recently, I've been reflecting on cool cars I've owned over the years, and while most of them were fun, I wouldn't own another one, as there are too many other cool cars I want to own one day. However, my old SC is an exception. Actually been keeping my eyes open for another one. Then I found my old VIN on an old insurance card, so I thought, what the heck, lets see if it's still out there. Googling the VIN yielded very little info. Actually nothing that I didn't already know. So, I thought I'd try this forum and see if anyone has come across it, as it had several distinctive features that would set it apart from the pack. And to make things easier, here's that list of features from my old for sale listing 10 years ago: https://www.clublexus.com/forums/lex...e-h-u-etc.html

Here's what I know about where it went after I sold it. I sold it 6/30/11 to the new owner who lived in Fate, TX (DFW suburb). However, he was transferred to North Carolina, so he sold it about December 2011 to an import speciality dealer in Houston. I was able to see the archived for sale ad awhile back, but that has since been purged from whatever server had that info, so unfortunately, I do not have that ad or even the name of the dealer that sold it. I did a title search yesterday, and it did not reveal any totals, insurance salvage titles, or notification of scrapping, so that's a good sign it may still be out there. The only title activity shows that a new title in Texas was last issued in 2/9/2012. This was likely to whomever bought it from the import dealer in Texas. So that means it has not changed hands since then. Which could be good or bad, depending on who has it.

So, my old SC is most likely still in Texas. If anyone out there knows of it's whereabouts, please contact me. Obviously, I'd be interested in discussing purchasing it back. But if the current owner isn't interested in selling right now, that's cool. Would be good to know it's being taken care of regardless. Here's the last few digits of the VIN: 046047. I'll post some pics below. Thanks!
Old 02-11-21, 09:47 AM
rushgator
Lexus Test Driver

Old 02-11-21, 11:54 AM
theleme
Driver School Candidate

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

Have you tried pulling a carfax report? If it is still on the road, the carfax might reflect recent state inspection info or maybe service info.

Good luck.
Old 02-11-21, 12:20 PM
rushgator
Lexus Test Driver

I haven't....yet. Wanted to see what info is available that's not behind a paywall. But, having used CarFax before, it can give a lot of details about where it's been serviced, inspected, etc. So that will probably be my next level of searching if nothing pans out here.
Old 02-11-21, 07:34 PM
O. L. T.
Keeper of the light

Received 335 Likes on 221 Posts

Whats up Rush! Good to see ya.
The following 2 users liked this post by O. L. T.:
Kira X (02-12-21), rushgator (02-22-21)
Old 02-22-21, 08:22 AM
rushgator
Lexus Test Driver

Hey, you're still here keeping the lights on I see. Cool! Yeah, I'm still alive. Just had an interesting week last week surviving snowpocalypse '21 in Texas. Big fun. LOL
The following users liked this post:
O. L. T. (02-23-21)
Old 02-22-21, 01:36 PM
Duck05
Racer

Received 360 Likes on 241 Posts

If you have the VIN, you can also try the Lexus Drivers site (similar to Carfax but free) to see if any dealerships have reported any activity on the car.
rushgator (02-23-21)
Old 02-23-21, 11:49 AM
scsexy
Advanced

Received 76 Likes on 68 Posts

Originally Posted by rushgator
Hey, you're still here keeping the lights on I see. Cool! Yeah, I'm still alive. Just had an interesting week last week surviving snowpocalypse '21 in Texas. Big fun. LOL
Aliencarcheck.com they do legit carfaxs for 8 bucks and u get them emailed pretty fast.
rushgator (02-24-21)
Old 02-24-21, 08:16 AM
rushgator
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by Duck05
If you have the VIN, you can also try the Lexus Drivers site (similar to Carfax but free) to see if any dealerships have reported any activity on the car.

I gave that a go, but no information. Current owner probably did exactly what I did service wise...use local independent shops, the local Toyota dealer, and DIY.
Old 02-26-21, 08:06 AM
rushgator
Lexus Test Driver

Question

Originally Posted by scsexy
Aliencarcheck.com they do legit carfaxs for 8 bucks and u get them emailed pretty fast.
Have you used them before? I checked out the link and it just looks like someones email to send them the info and a paypal. Just want to make sure this is legit as it looks a bit fishy from my end.
Old 02-26-21, 08:35 AM
Seattle SCone
Advanced

Received 288 Likes on 172 Posts

We need to find his car. Buy it, and hold it hostage.
Old 02-27-21, 12:16 PM
Tallyhoe
Advanced

Received 135 Likes on 106 Posts

I don't know if its the same in Texas like it is in Kali, with all its smog laws... When I worked AP for a store we use to be able to pull up someone's license plate and see where they would smog their vehicle this way we could technically figure out if they were local or transient people. I do believe it was out of the CA DMV system and it can give you some guidance.. in your case it would be the TX DMV... its worth a try.. odds are if its still on the road somewhere it would be pulled up through there, if not and there is no record in the system, then it may no longer be registered or in the system, for Kali its 10 years... it possibly may be sitting in someone's backyard, garage, barn or turned in to a track monster...