Search this Thread

Old 04-18-08, 03:36 AM
aka paco
Lexus Champion

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts
Default My SC's progress

(NEW pics on page 2)
(NEW pics on page 2)

Bought my SC on 1/25/08 with the intention of having a nice comfy daily driver with all the comforts and a bpu 1jz swap.
I'm a ex honda guy (had 4) and it was hard letting go, but getting older you start to long for, more space, comfort, and a little more mature car i guess. I've always loved SC's so after like 6+ years of hondas i put my last teg up for sale, got 6k for it a nice chunk to start looking for a SC.

just gonna go through some progress pics, if you get bored click the back button

picking up my stock 95 SC300 from a 1 car owner! (didn't realize at the time it had a 92 bumper, carfax is clean so i'm guessing it had a fender bender )

first mod tinted the windows 20% and cleared the tails, put in red led brake lights and amber led turns, look great!

now it's time for coilovers!
I bought a new set of tein basic coilovers, I think most peoples problem with them is they almost ride like stock, I rode in a SC with them and liked them, my goal was to TRY and keep stock comfort, verr nice

Coilovers where almost easier to install then on a honda lol.

threw on some G35 wheels, but i didn't really like the fitment so they are up for sale.

(NEW pics page 2)
(NEW pics page 2)

Last edited by aka paco; 04-25-08 at 08:42 PM.
Old 04-18-08, 03:37 AM
aka paco
Lexus Champion

picked up some clean leather seats for cheep from a fellow CL member

I also picked up a SC400 front lip pretty cheap but it has crack in it so i'm gonna try and fix it eventually, luckily i do have all the mounting hardware for it too.

polished up my yellowed headlights! huge difference in light output..
i'll probably do a retrofit down the road, i did a TSX retrofit on my last integra, and a plug and play kit on the stock SC projectors ain't cutting it.
rockin some 5000k's now and i hate'em

new wheels
18x10 rear +22 275/40/18 17x9 front +24 245/40/17

this is my only pic so far test fitting them, fenders where in the way so i couldn't really slam it yet...

friend rolled my fenders tonight with a eastwood so i'll have new pics of it dropped more soon.

and finally my 1JZ, went to pick it up from Jhot last week, man they have some cool stuff there.

some nice homemade japanese 3" downpipe on it, with SARD vacuum lines and HKS T fittings. my friends 1jz actaully came with a SARD ecu and apexi DP on his mk3 swap bought from jhot.

well thanks for checkin it out, i'll have some pics and vids up in the next week or two once the 1jz is in and running!

the little things are what really add up though, leds, hids, gaskets, waterpump, belts, and all those things you don't expect to buy.

my old love, nothing fancey just a clean daily drivery, AC, power options, tsx retro, ITR block, ITR trans, itr catback, low 14's on all oem parts and 32mpg!! (gas mileage is what i miss haha)

http://www.carolinahondas.com/showth...hlight=lowskee link for any ex honda folks

Last edited by aka paco; 04-18-08 at 03:51 AM.
Old 04-18-08, 04:14 AM
TheMole
Lexus Champion

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Nice looking pics and good process/plans going on there. Your SC is pretty damn clean and the Integra was as well. I had a 98 db7 a few years ago, but was t-boned. Still miss it from time to time though. I have a similar binder with receipts piled up as well haha. Keep up the good work/mods.
Old 04-18-08, 04:25 AM
white07
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

you seem to be a fan of teal, huh?

that's a great blank slate youre starting with.. i love watching these buildups
Old 04-18-08, 05:06 AM
BLK13X
Mortgage Slave

Received 20 Likes on 12 Posts

Nice work pare, keep it up
Old 04-18-08, 05:43 AM
RexNICO
Pole Position

Nice work. I'm interested in seeing some pics of the car now that the fenders have been rolled.

I still think your fitment is more aggressive than an old man like me is willing to try, but I won't say never.
Old 04-18-08, 05:43 AM
iasc300
Lexus Champion

clean bro- looks good- look forward to the updated pics after your swap
Old 04-18-08, 10:08 AM
mr2tosc4
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by BLK13X
Nice work pare, keep it up
lol you're flip too like me
Old 04-18-08, 10:53 AM
Mr.NA_T
Lexus Test Driver

Nice SC man.....are u going automatic or manual with the 1jz???
Old 04-18-08, 11:47 AM
aka paco
Lexus Champion

white07 you seem to be a fan of teal, huh?
lol actually both times i had ended up with a teal car i was actually looking for a black one, but after having the integra, teal kinda grew on me. The price was right on the teal SC, but yeah teal cars have grown on me now.

RexNICO Nice work. I'm interested in seeing some pics of the car now that the fenders have been rolled.
the fender rolling was not a sucess, i mean they are rolled now and the wheels fit but, my drivers side wheel well looks slightly warped and my passanger side had some bondo that i did not know about and put a 2" crack from my fender well going straight up my quarter panel, it's small i guess but i guess a paint job is in my future. after i save up for a 97+ conversion.

Bkjasonp Nice SC man.....are u going automatic or manual with the 1jz???
plan on keeping it auto, a friend of mine converted to 5spd on one before so i might end up doing that down the road but for now i'm just keeping it auto.

thanks for all the comments guys!
Old 04-18-08, 12:11 PM
RexNICO
Pole Position

Originally Posted by aka paco
... the fender rolling was not a sucess, i mean they are rolled now and the wheels fit but, my drivers side wheel well looks slightly warped and my passanger side had some bondo that i did not know about and put a 2" crack from my fender well going straight up my quarter panel, it's small i guess but i guess a paint job is in my future. after i save up for a 97+ conversion....
Ugh, that's just the kind of thing that has me thinking twice about rolling mine, especially the fronts, since they're more difficult.

Hopefully new shocks/springs will help with my slight rub I have now.
Old 04-18-08, 12:12 PM
SClean4
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You're beating me so far You've made a lot of progress in a short amount of time, with the coilovers, 1JZ and everything else.
Old 04-18-08, 01:28 PM
One_jZ_SC3
Lexus Champion

looks good so far! With the basics coils, how low can they drop?? I dont know anyone who has those and just curious...how low do you have them in the piks and how much lower you want to go?
Old 04-18-08, 01:34 PM
LMoney4o8
Lexus Test Driver

very nice !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 04-18-08, 02:00 PM
97-SC300
Lexus Fanatic

Received 128 Likes on 107 Posts

nice work.

Quick Reply: My SC's progress