SC- 1st Gen (1992-2000)

New One from over the seas!

Search this Thread

Old 03-17-08, 02:42 AM
Wicky
Rookie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default New One from over the seas!

Been reading in the forums for a while now..and finally made my own profile.. Im from Norway, so my english isnt that good...hmm..
Just got my self an SC400 1994 with 166k miles on it..its in ok shape, but the interior is ruined..need new frontseats and a new steeringwheel... I think there are around 5 soarers in Norway, and 4 SC..only the SC are registered with plates, the soarers will never get registered since its not allowed to have a car with the steeringwheel on the right side..hmm..

some pics of my car;

Payed around 4500USD including VAT and shipment..and gonna pay around 29000USD to get it registered...jupp..norway is an expencive country!
Old 03-17-08, 03:15 AM
Bildilla
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

This is the place for you!!!

Hope too see the SC soom times in the summer!!

Pål
Old 03-17-08, 03:46 AM
Wicky
Rookie

Hey...Ure alive..havent got the car yet..still waiting
Old 03-17-08, 07:37 AM
SC4_FI
Pole Position

29000usd to register? is the fee this high on other cars? why is it so expensive?

Congratulations on the SC!! great cars
Old 03-17-08, 08:08 AM
97-SC300
Lexus Fanatic

Received 128 Likes on 107 Posts

Congtars. Hopefully you puit some money and effort into it and make it a true beauty.
Old 03-17-08, 09:39 AM
fwynn
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

so the car cost $4500 but to register the car cost $29000? or is it $2900.

DAMN either way thats expensive..
Old 03-17-08, 09:47 AM
RexNICO
Pole Position

I can only imagine there's 1 too many 0's in the registration cost he listed.
Old 03-17-08, 10:00 AM
SClean4
Lexus Test Driver

Nice to see some people from all over the world on here. Congrats on it and hope you fix it up real nice. It's a good car. I like red SCs and you have the front lip everybody wants. So there are only 4 Soarers and 5 SCs there??? Wow, that's a rare car there! What are your plans with it, fix it up and/or use as a daily driver/beater?
Old 03-17-08, 10:35 AM
Mr.NA_T
Lexus Test Driver

welcome, your in the right place..
Old 03-17-08, 10:51 AM
JDMmuscle
Lexus Champion

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Im sorry but not worth it....

Could have spent that 5k on something here in the states...

Bought my SC for 5k

Then you spending almost 30 grand on registration ?!

You've gotta be kidding me, even if its 3 grand for registration, you could have just used all that money, Almost 8k and bought a really well kept SC in the USA OR a soarer from Canada

*edit Nvm you are in Norway... I thought you were importing one FROM norway, My bad misunderstanding*
Old 03-17-08, 11:25 AM
juiSCee
Pole Position

Congrats on your buy and welcome to CL. It seems cool that you are gonna be one of the few SC owners!! What would a Soarer have cost you?
Old 03-17-08, 11:59 AM
Wicky
Rookie

soarer costs around the same as I paid for mine.. and yes the registration fee is 29000USD...twenty nine thousan dollars...but that is first time registration..import taxes are really high..they base the amount out of weight,horsepower,cubic inches,CO2-gas,how much the owner payed for it in the export country and how much it costed to deliver in norway...so yes..a car like this is really expencive...I think that when this SC was new in norway in 1994 it was priced around a million kroner (norwegian money) thats around..hmm..200 thousand dollars or so....

Im gonna put some money in it to make it look good..but still dont know if I want to make it a luxury look car with lowering and some nice wheels or a race-look with bodykit and massiv lowering and big wheels and a biiiiig spoiler in the back

Gonna fix it up and use it in the weekends and on carshows..the daily beater is the Citroen Estate...cheap diesel car with hydraulic suspension The beemer is just there for fun...killed the tranny for the third time...a bit tired of it..but still a lovely car

and I could never have afford to use the SC as a daily use car..way to expensive gas over here...almost 2.50USD for a litre of gas...u guys are lucky...living over there..

looked outside now...its snowing like hell!!!

Last edited by Wicky; 03-17-08 at 12:04 PM.
Old 03-17-08, 12:48 PM
SClean4
Lexus Test Driver

Wow, $29,000 is just CRAZY. Honestly, I, myself, probably wouldn't even register it if that was the price. It would take me years to get that kind of money together. You could buy six SCs/Soarers with that. I just don't get that. But, I guess it has to be done..? So a gallon of gas is $9.45 there... (I calculated it)

At least I do feel a little more privileged to be driving an SC/Soarer now (in the U.S.).

Last edited by SClean4; 03-17-08 at 01:00 PM.
Old 03-17-08, 01:19 PM
Wicky
Rookie

when i get plates on my SC...shes gonna be one of the most expencive one jupp a gallon costs around 10USD...
Old 03-17-08, 01:30 PM
xknowonex
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by Wicky
soarer costs around the same as I paid for mine.. and yes the registration fee is 29000USD...twenty nine thousan dollars...but that is first time registration..import taxes are really high..they base the amount out of weight,horsepower,cubic inches,CO2-gas,how much the owner payed for it in the export country and how much it costed to deliver in norway...so yes..a car like this is really expencive...I think that when this SC was new in norway in 1994 it was priced around a million kroner (norwegian money) thats around..hmm..200 thousand dollars or so....

Im gonna put some money in it to make it look good..but still dont know if I want to make it a luxury look car with lowering and some nice wheels or a race-look with bodykit and massiv lowering and big wheels and a biiiiig spoiler in the back

Gonna fix it up and use it in the weekends and on carshows..the daily beater is the Citroen Estate...cheap diesel car with hydraulic suspension The beemer is just there for fun...killed the tranny for the third time...a bit tired of it..but still a lovely car

and I could never have afford to use the SC as a daily use car..way to expensive gas over here...almost 2.50USD for a litre of gas...u guys are lucky...living over there..

looked outside now...its snowing like hell!!!
Well if you can afford that much to import one in, I am sure that you can either modify it with no budget constraints and/or pay for $$$ gas

Quick Reply: New One from over the seas!