34.00%
Voters: 50. You may not vote on this poll

Junk Yards Love or hate?

Old 03-04-08, 12:56 PM
Knightridr
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Junk Yards Love or hate?

Went to the jy today and lo and behold a 2000 white sc400. The front end was trashed but the rest is/was in good shape. Talked to the guy and gave me a very good price for pretty much everything on the car. Went and told the guys to pull parts and it all just went to hell from there. I got the interior(most of it). When they started pulling the center console stuff instead of taking their time they just started yanking and destroyed upper cup holder armrest etc. Well the only thing I got from that was a freaking shifter. Got the door panels in perfect condition except the upper part on the driver side. They split almost in half. The rear seats was perfect until they put a crease in it trying to get the bottom half off. The upper is still great. Now here comes the worse part of the whole thing. Please pull out your tissue's. The rear was in perfect condition. Trunk had oem wing no scratches 97+ rear tail lights and 97+bumper. Now the bumper already had a few scratches which a good paint job wont cure so what the hell. They couldn't find the key to open the trunk so guess what they decided to do. First put a screw driver in the key hole and hammered the crap out of it. No luck Tried to pry open the trunk with two screw drivers. Didnt work but they did manage to bend the trunk out and scratch the hell out out the paint on top part of bumper. So they get a forklift and put the forks on the bottom of the trunk and pull up. Yea they got it open but to what cost. The trunk looks good but to me its ruined. So they get to taking out the lights and in the process put a lil crack in the driver light. impatient people. AAARRRGGG!!! Now I am frustated. So to calm down I told the guy what parts were salavage able and just paid for what they took off and went to the bar and had a beer. So I came out with both door panels half of a rear seat and 97+ tail lights with a small crack on driver. I told the guy I will come back for the rear bumper and all door moldings 2morrow when I am calm down. He said that he will have the parts pulled of and ready for me. Just gave him one of those Jedi stare and left the jy with smoke every where from just flooring the car. Im sorry car its not your fault just for that you will get a new set of tires this weekend. So I apologize for ranting on here, just had to get it out. What are your experiences with the jy?

P.S. I might end up selling the lights havent decided yet
Old 03-04-08, 01:04 PM
Baoser
Lead Lap

Received 9 Likes on 3 Posts

wow that sucks...i woulda been taking stuff off myself though...=( but hopefully they will do a slightly better job getting the rest of the stuff off.
Old 03-04-08, 01:08 PM
bigmalik00
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

man I love JY.... my CL Fonzo try to hit them as much as possible... I just can 't seem to find a mkiv tt there...lol just a dream almost like me finding a 2000 SC... I don't know what I would do if I found one..wow
Old 03-04-08, 01:16 PM
SClean4
Lexus Test Driver

Yeah, they should have let you do it instead of some big ole bubbas treating the 2000 SC like it's an old Ford or something. I've only been to a junkyard a few times. I don't trust anyone else but myself with my car or parts for my car. Sorry your gem-of-a-find (2000 SC) turned out like that, hopefully you'll be able to get a little from it.

Last edited by SClean4; 03-04-08 at 01:24 PM.
Old 03-04-08, 01:20 PM
Knightridr
Pole Position

This place is one of those they must do it or you don't get it. I guess this is how they make their money. I think they charge for pulling in the price. I was so close to having a full conversion and they go and f@#% all up. Man this beer is not helping. I need another one. I look stupid sitting at hooters with a laptop getting frustated over a jy. I wonder if I keep looking this this if they would comp my drinks
Old 03-04-08, 01:32 PM
SClean4
Lexus Test Driver

How much are they charging you for parts? If you're getting a really good deal, I might still take it depending on how bad the damage is and how noticeable it is. I wouldn't pay them anything that isn't in the condition you wanted. Let them know that when they break stuff, it's going to cost them money because they obviously weren't concerned with not breaking or damaging your parts.
Old 03-04-08, 01:40 PM
Knightridr
Pole Position

I was getting them alot cheaper than ebay and/or on the board. The trunk was like $130. It might be worth still getting it but for a fact it will need a new metal thing. The one that the latch connects to. Don't know the tech. term for it. and some body work on the bottom on the trunk where they used the forklift and screw drivers to pry it open. I can try to see if I can get them to cut me a deal on the trunk since its destroyed now. heck it should be free
Old 03-04-08, 03:22 PM
t66sc3
Driver

you got to find a nice j yard that you pull your own parts, once you have one of those the options are endless. I and many friends have built and taken many usefull parts for almost nothing heck my dumb dsm is running around pretty much on all junkyard motor but with any bolt ons.
Old 03-04-08, 05:11 PM
RGW LLC
Former Sponsor

that's why you should deal with us.....we pull off parts the right way, no damage......
Old 03-04-08, 05:27 PM
slowsc
Driver

i love u pull yards. u feel so dam good when u find a rare part or just one u needed
Old 03-04-08, 06:22 PM
Knightridr
Pole Position

Originally Posted by R & J Dist
that's why you should deal with us.....we pull off parts the right way, no damage......
I would if shipping for a bumpers werent so exspensive. While I'm at it. I need a tan shifter and black bezel with heated seats
Old 03-04-08, 07:54 PM
aka paco
Lexus Champion

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

i love them but i never seem to find anything useful..

right now i'm trying to find a SC400 so i can take the front lip lol
Old 03-04-08, 09:55 PM
unreal-
Pole Position

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by aka paco
right now i'm trying to find a SC400 so i can take the front lip lol
same here! Im like a vulture when it comes to looking for lips/wings. But most of the time, by the time i get to the car, everyone else got to it first.
Old 03-04-08, 11:51 PM
andrewwake
Lead Lap

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

you should have just bought the car whole and stripped it for what you need and could sell then see if they would buy it back, or another jy buy it.
Old 03-05-08, 04:17 AM
Knightridr
Pole Position

Originally Posted by andrewwake
you should have just bought the car whole and stripped it for what you need and could sell then see if they would buy it back, or another jy buy it.
never thought of that. maybe next time.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Junk Yards Love or hate?