JamesN
Lexus Test Driver

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

Nice wheels. Always love those.
Old 12-11-07, 05:53 PM
howiedoit
Lexus Champion

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

nice man. can't wait to see them on your car! i'm sure it'll be hot!
Old 12-12-07, 11:49 AM
parnzen
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

im jealous. i love ccw classics. the only reason i dont have them is cuz i have no money
Old 12-12-07, 12:01 PM
ACleanSC4
Lead Lap

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by SC400Dude
Yeah man, it's a must...You think Tony would be nice enough to snap some pics for me with his SLR camera? I have a weak point and shoot deal...
For sure!! I'm ready when you guys are ready!
Old 12-12-07, 03:07 PM
RikTT
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

im getting these soon!! Very nice choice . One of the the most cleanest sets out there. Enjoy!!
Old 12-12-07, 05:17 PM
Kramer
Instructor

Received 121 Likes on 86 Posts

those wheels are gorgeous!! Cant wait for the real deal pics on the car!!
Old 12-12-07, 07:27 PM
RFFG
Lexus Test Driver

whoa, awesome choice!!!
Old 12-12-07, 08:37 PM
Brownmagic
Pole Position

Sell me your old TT rims.
Old 12-12-07, 09:13 PM
SC400Dude
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Alright guys....test fitted them this evening and ran into a major problem...the front wheels won't clear my LS brakes, much less my new TT Brakes...so, I have to contact CCW to see what's going on. Either I run a spacer(which I don't want to) or go back to stock brakes(which I don't want to do either...). I've read on Supraforums about people having issues with BBK clearance and I was supplied 2 small spacers. However, it doesn't even come close to clearing either caliper. I would literally have to run a 15mm spacer to clear them. My wheels would stick out way too much if I did that.

Furthermore, my rear tires are way to small and skinny. I have 265's on the rears and was hoping to slam the car. Though looking at it from a distance, a fatter tire would suit my tastes better. I'm thinkin' a 275 or maybe even a 285. This is the easy part.

This is the first time during my whole project that something has ended up as a dissapointment. These wheels are bad azz and I'm not going to give them up. Should I go back to stock brakes, I have someone here at work who can switch with me. I also came across these Wilwood brakes that might work.

Maybe I'll give them a ring tomorrow as well. I am determined to get this right. Hell, modding comes with a territory of some sort.

Anyway,
Here's a quick pic without the fronts...more to come!

Thanks for all of your comments guys
Old 12-12-07, 11:13 PM
5sp_jzz30
Lexus Champion

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

dont give up braking over wheels. get the bolt-on spacers. i dont like the regular way of getting longer studs and spacers. too much stress on the stud. not the right way to do it. with a bolt-on spacer you wont have a problem. i say you still run a spacer in the rear. the wheels look way too far sunk in. maybe its just the angle. i would do at least a 25mm spacer in the rear, put a 245 stretch tire on it, roll and pull the fenders. and after all that definitely dump it so the fender and rim have about a finger worth of clearance.

they look like a great performance wheel and i dont wanna come here and **** on your parade but IMHO i really dont like these wheels. i would rather find a set of work equips in like 18x10+15 and 18x11+0. that would look amazing. my buddy has those sizes on his s13 and its nuts.

i would be interested in your TT wheels though
Old 12-12-07, 11:45 PM
Blizzy
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by SC400Dude
Alright guys....test fitted them this evening and ran into a major problem...the front wheels won't clear my LS brakes, much less my new TT Brakes...so, I have to contact CCW to see what's going on. Either I run a spacer(which I don't want to) or go back to stock brakes(which I don't want to do either...). I've read on Supraforums about people having issues with BBK clearance and I was supplied 2 small spacers. However, it doesn't even come close to clearing either caliper. I would literally have to run a 15mm spacer to clear them. My wheels would stick out way too much if I did that.

Furthermore, my rear tires are way to small and skinny. I have 265's on the rears and was hoping to slam the car. Though looking at it from a distance, a fatter tire would suit my tastes better. I'm thinkin' a 275 or maybe even a 285. This is the easy part.

This is the first time during my whole project that something has ended up as a dissapointment. These wheels are bad azz and I'm not going to give them up. Should I go back to stock brakes, I have someone here at work who can switch with me. I also came across these Wilwood brakes that might work.
http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e1...714_resize.jpg
Maybe I'll give them a ring tomorrow as well. I am determined to get this right. Hell, modding comes with a territory of some sort.
CCW's definitely are known for not clearing the brakes, and I would not hesitate to use a hubcentric spacer to make them work.

While the stock braking system is good, you can get into issues with fade rather quickly when you start adding aftermarket wheels to weigh things down. The LS400 or TT brakes really transform the attitude of the car in the way it can be driven. I would not sacrifice them for running without a spacer.

My neighbor just bought some Wilwood calipers, and I had a chance to see them first hand. They are deceptively massive. The weight was the coolest aspect of the calipers: they are feather light.

I would definitely not hesitate to run a 285 in the rear. One of the advantages of the CCW wheels is the massive tire fitment possibilities. CCWs are not exactly VIP wheels; if you wanted a stretched tire/low offset look, you should have gotten some AME Shallens. For my money, the CCWs with some meat is where its at.
Old 12-14-07, 09:30 AM
SC400Dude
Lexus Champion

After contacting the folks at CCW, they were kind enough to tell me after researching on what went wrong. Chip confirmed with John that the specs on the front wheels were way off. In fact, John had placed my order and found out that someone else had hand written the wrong specs. The wheels that were sent to me(fronts) actually sit half an inch into the fenderwell, which is about the same amount of clearance needed to clear my calipers.

I'm sending them back today to get new faces bolted on. Their service is quite excellent from what I've experienced so far. They returned my calls when they said they would and they took care of all the shipping duties literally like in a minute. I'll be updating you guys later in a new thread!

P.S.
I'll be runing 285's in the rear soon
Old 12-14-07, 11:23 AM
5sp_jzz30
Lexus Champion

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

nice update. i love companies with excellent customer service. good luck. i wanna see the finished product. i love your car and need a new background for my laptop
Old 12-14-07, 11:50 AM
Lexiss_sc430
Lexus Champion

What up phuong?

Sorry to hear about the fronts, you feel like a kid on Christmas and the worst thing possible is not being able to put them on right then and there. been there

when do you think you'll get them back?

lets all meet up again, do you have any ideas?
Old 12-14-07, 04:47 PM
juiSCee
Pole Position

Originally Posted by Lexiss_sc430
What up phuong?

Sorry to hear about the fronts, you feel like a kid on Christmas and the worst thing possible is not being able to put them on right then and there. been there

when do you think you'll get them back?

lets all meet up again, do you have any ideas?
yeah man, i feel you guys on that one! you're all hyped about whatever it is and when you cant work with it, the disappointment is that much greater.

glad that your front wheel issue is being resolved! as it should be. would suck even more if there wasnt anything you could do about it. at least now you wont have to run a spacer and you can keep your upgraded brakes.

Quick Reply: Had to share my excitement with y'all...teaser pics