SC- 1st Gen (1992-2000)

Little car rant

Old 10-09-07, 11:28 AM
hass
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Little car rant

Some of you know my car got broken into last month, got my alpine sound got stolen from the trunk along with my ipod. That was no biggie, i can live without bass for while.

My driver side speaker sounds like it's on the death bed, i first thought it was my fuel bump because it was making whinning noise every time i applied gas. As i was testing to see where the whinning noise is coming from, i heard rattling from underneath the car (hole in the piping). Although i replaced my brake pads less than 5k ago, they are squeeling. My navigation (Pioneer dual deck) is giving me hard times, i set a destination i was a block away from the destination, the navi than tells me to turn around and go back home lol. It's not the antanae. i took it to BBY where it was installed they said they have to send it out to service (which takes about 2-3 weeks), last time i took 2 months. If i didn't work there i would complain about it. Hopefully i can get it fixed after i come back from Chicago on the 21st.

oh yeah one of the HID is going on and off at random times.lol

-hass
Old 10-09-07, 11:42 AM
TreyGSR
Rookie

geez, hard times. well you got the rest of fall and winter to get it together and shine rigth when spring approaches. It remind me of my civic days. I had a HB that just kept giving me issue after issue, electrical, mechanical...and yes my alpine, amp and speakers were stolen too...your pain is felt bro
Old 10-09-07, 07:02 PM
rykwebb
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

my boy hooked up his speakers to my amp to make sure they were working before he sold them. Took them up to the shop WITHOUT ME and let the shop guy start my car, well whatever he touched he blew a fuse for my SAFC, car wouldnt start. I had to go up there, pull my ECU out, all kinds of fun stuff. Finally found out that a fuse had been blown, and the guy replaced it. No problems, just a little car rant.
Old 10-09-07, 08:15 PM
hass
Lexus Champion

UPDATE:

Right rear speaker DEAD lol. It could be worst, i'm thankful for my car treating me good.
Old 10-09-07, 08:57 PM
mrhappi
Lead Lap

When it rains.......it pours.
Old 10-09-07, 09:04 PM
markesc
Lead Lap

This is why you have one car that you modify and mess around with, and you have a NEW car that is left boring and stock. That's what I did. You'll have days where you just don't want to deal with the never ending random things. These are still great cars, but they are old and will have problems, and more problems the more you modify them....
Old 10-09-07, 10:25 PM
rykwebb
Lexus Test Driver

wish i could have a new car, maybe even a cheap scooter, money money. Truth is, my SC is all Ive got, and Im all shes got.
Old 10-09-07, 10:47 PM
Baoser
Lead Lap

Received 9 Likes on 3 Posts

that sucks =(
Old 10-09-07, 11:09 PM
soarinhigh
Lead Lap

I have my sc and a big ford van...E350. ****ty on gas but a second vehicle nonetheless.
Old 10-10-07, 06:48 AM
souljah798
Driver

Default I agree,

Originally Posted by markesc
This is why you have one car that you modify and mess around with, and you have a NEW car that is left boring and stock. That's what I did. You'll have days where you just don't want to deal with the never ending random things. These are still great cars, but they are old and will have problems, and more problems the more you modify them....
Although I love my SC, just have to have something else just in case. Here's my boring and stock 395hp Trailblazer SS.
Attached Thumbnails Little car rant-100_5106.jpg  
Old 10-10-07, 07:40 AM
Dx3
Lexus Fanatic

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by soarinhigh
I have my sc and a big ford van...E350. ****ty on gas but a second vehicle nonetheless.
I have a Suburban as my DD so I understand your gas dilema. But it is comfortable and always starts so I like it

Hass - you think you have electrical woes - don't make me call you and ***** about what I have going on!! Nearly finished though!

Jonny
Old 10-10-07, 09:38 AM
Gunnar
Lexus Champion

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by souljah798
Although I love my SC, just have to have something else just in case. Here's my boring and stock 395hp Trailblazer SS.
Nice! My roommate had one of those, except he had a few things done to it and managed to go 11.9 before he sold it. The truck had enough in it to go deep 11's but he never turned it up that high. I love those things.

As far as the "new car" thing it's not really necessary, but a second car is always a good idea. I've got a '95 Integra that's super reliable in case the SC is down for something. I've had two cars since I first started driving, something comforting about knowing if I come out and see a flat tire I'll still be on time to work.
Old 10-10-07, 10:29 AM
hass
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by Dx3
I have a Suburban as my DD so I understand your gas dilema. But it is comfortable and always starts so I like it

Hass - you think you have electrical woes - don't make me call you and ***** about what I have going on!! Nearly finished though!

Jonny
Yeah, i ain't going F with that. Not my fault a 4 year old did your wirings lol
Old 10-10-07, 02:21 PM
$C300
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by souljah798
Nice, LOVE the Blazzer SS thinkin of pickin one up myself.
Old 10-10-07, 02:32 PM
BLK13X
Mortgage Slave

Received 20 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by markesc
This is why you have one car that you modify and mess around with, and you have a NEW car that is left boring and stock.
Too true. I'm planning on buying a UCF10 Celsior or JZX90 MarkII sometime next year but I don't think that they'll be the smartest DD choice

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Little car rant