Search this Thread

Old 12-28-01, 03:13 PM
Anthracite SC
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default MadMaxSC400. Question for you

Hey Max,

I have a 93 SC400 too.
You posted in the "what did you get your lexus for christmas" forum and I couldn't help notice you mentioning you get 300hp?

I was wondering how you do that, when the SC400 is getting only 250hp?

Does your weapon-r intake and chip get you to 300hp?

Just curious. ANd how much do the chip and intake for the SC400 from weapon R cost?

WOuld appreciate your help on this. Thanks.
Old 12-28-01, 04:48 PM
abutler696
Lead Lap

Well I know he has to be getting at least 300hp at the crank. In a few days I might possibly be there once I finally get my cold air intake.
Old 12-28-01, 10:59 PM
MadMaxSC400
Lexus Test Driver

Yeah.. the goal is 300 rwhp before I install a supercharger so I can really take advantage of it. Currently I'm at 235, and given the drivetrain losses I'm at or above 300 hp. I'd like to see a stock engine on a motor dyno... I really wonder if that thing develops 250 even, I can't imagine a drivetrain eating 70+ hp.
Old 12-28-01, 11:59 PM
MadMaxSC400
Lexus Test Driver

You know you've got a high flow exhaust when...
You hear the puff-pup-puff-pup sound of the cylinders pumping before the motor fires
Old 12-29-01, 12:48 AM
black sc
Pole Position

A classic for the-"You might be a Ricer if..." section
Old 12-29-01, 02:50 PM
Bean
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Or for the domestic guys:
You know you've got a wild cam when you hear each valve on each cylinder open and close when idling
Old 12-29-01, 03:21 PM
matt7184
Pole Position

Originally posted by Bean
Or for the domestic guys:
You know you've got a wild cam when you hear each valve on each cylinder open and close when idling
Speaking of cams, maybe weapon R can work on new camshafts and cam gears for the 1UZ. That should get you some nice gains on our engine.
Old 12-30-01, 02:35 AM
MadMaxSC400
Lexus Test Driver

So far we're thinking less restrictive intake setup and the old port & polish. I'm hoping Leo can throw some weight into getting a cam setup for the car, but I'll tell you there aren't many people out there tuning SC400's. I mean, the ECU's already been in Import Tuner, and hopefully so will my car in an upcoming issue. But, I get the impression we're the only ones who are interested...
Old 12-30-01, 09:59 AM
Lex Luthor
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Max, rest assured, plenty of us are interested. I'm just amazed that ten years after the SC4 was introduced and two years after it was discontinued, there are still practically no perf parts avail for the 1UZ (well, maybe in Australia). Considering the fact that anything you could want is available for a 2JZ, and the ease with which you can turbo it, people tend to lean towards the I6, as we all know. I know plenty of people waiting for forced induction for the V8, believe me, if you build it, they will come........
Old 12-30-01, 10:52 AM
matt7184
Pole Position

Maybe Weapon R could look into importing parts from the OZ market for the 1UZ if they dont want to get involved in R&D.
Old 12-30-01, 07:38 PM
808state
Driver

what parts in the oz(australian?) market are those? so far, looks like only headers are just got available(?). and the powerhouse charger runs on something other than regular petrol.

maybe blast racing could use some their r&d to develop a product for the sc4.

asian overseas market doesn't seem to be developing anything for out car either (i think someone already tried for the c's s/c but couldn't get it...i could be wrong though).
Old 12-30-01, 07:59 PM
MadMaxSC400
Lexus Test Driver

Given that a blower is a major step, I'm thinking about compiling a part and vendor list while I build a set-up for my car. The real problem with a kit is price.. It's nice to have it all together but it's a 1/4 million dollars to get it CARB approved to sell it to the biggest market, California. You also have to warrant and support it, and I just don't think anyone's prepared to do that. I'd rather part it together, you know get an intercooler kit for a turbo, buy a correctly sized blower from a decent company, use as much stuff from other designs as much as possible. That's how I'll do it, anyway.
Old 12-30-01, 09:54 PM
Anthracite SC
Lexus Test Driver

Default MadMax

Max,

I didn't exactly get the answer from you.

SO you are getting 300hp right now?
and you improved 50hp from stock from the weapon R intake and chip?

IF that is true, then how much do both of those cost?

I'd appreciate your response.

Thanks.

Antrhacite
Old 12-30-01, 09:57 PM
Lex Luthor
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

808, everything you could want for the 1UZ-FE is available in Japan. Cams, stroker kits, adj timing gears, roots superchargers, valvetrain, etc. The problem is, as Max said, dinero. Getting a hold of these parts is generally costly, but enough money will get you anything you want. I can give you names of companies if you want. As far as developing new products for the SC4 here in the states, even a small shop can usually cover the R&D, especially with a donor vehicle. CARB certification is a big nut though, Max is right. Max, don't take this the wrong way, but it's just fine with me if they skip the legalities and smog certifications, and market to rest of the country, i'll smuggle you out a blower if you need one over there in the commie-controlled West Coast, lol. I think we can all agree how easy it would be to turbo an SC3, so why do we do this to ourselves? Because it's the hard way, and because we would like to be smiling when this SC3/SC4 rivalry comes to an end, those extra cubes have to count for something, no?
Attached Thumbnails MadMaxSC400.  Question for you-compressed-formula-eng-on-stand.jpg  
Old 12-30-01, 11:03 PM
MadMaxSC400
Lexus Test Driver

Lex you made me smile
I'll surely take that smuggled blower with a finder's fee of course.. hehee
Anthracite: I'm making about 235 at the wheels now. If you assume drivetrain loss is the same then I'm making 305 hp at the crank, *IF* Toyota isn't BS'ing us on the motor's output to begin with. I might make a trip to japan with a friend and go part and tuner hunting. See, if I can find people with the parts, all I have to do is use someone with logistical abilities as an outlet for them stateside.

Quick Reply: MadMaxSC400. Question for you