Browse all: Tires and Wheels Guide
Print Wikipost

****Official Wheel & Tire Fitment Guide for SC300/SC400****

Old 02-03-15, 09:31 AM
jadu
live.love.laugh.lexus

Received 88 Likes on 70 Posts

Originally Posted by InLyneTrbo
Right now, I'm running XXR 531s with 18x11 +20 in the rear. There is a little too much poke for my taste. Sorry for the bad pics, this was a while back and only had my phone on me at the time:

I am looking at the Cosmis Racing S5Rs that come in 18x10.5 +20. I want to be able to run a 295 or even 305 tire if possible as I'm already having major traction issues with my setup and it's only a stock 2JZGTE lol

Is 1/2" less in width a pretty decent/noticeable difference? I want the wheel to tuck back in closer to the fender, and am hoping that 1/2" will make that difference. And also, should I have any trouble running a 295 or 305?
A half inch less width at the same offset would only be a quarter inch less poke. You can definitely run a 295 or 305 tire, but you will have to roll your fenders completely flat and pull it just a little bit it about 1/4 to 3/8 cause I know those tires bulge.
Old 02-03-15, 11:39 AM
baphomit
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Wheels

I have a set of 20" Donz Columbo with low profile tires and it rides like noting I've ever driven before. Amazing, she glides over bumps and railroad tracks.

I just put
Mouse over image to zoom
2GOLD-60MM-7075-BILLET-ALUMINUM-EXTENDED-TUNER
Pictures to follow when snow melts.
Old 02-03-15, 12:30 PM
Sc400NL
Pole Position

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by jadu
Yes, there are quite a bit of tire choices. Some ride too wide, some run too narrow, so I know how you feel. For the fronts, I would go with 245/35/R19 for the 8.5 inch wheels. These should not look stretched nor ballooned. For the rears, 275/30/R19 and these should also not look stretched nor ballooned on the 9.5" rears.
Thanks alot Jadu
thats the push i needed to order my tires
Old 02-03-15, 05:49 PM
irondonkey
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

depends on the diameter. 255/40/R18 is the stock IS350 rear wheel tire and I think that's tall, so a 45 series is 5% taller. I'm running 255/35/R18 in the rear and that's plenty tall enough for me.
its a 19" wheel

19x11 +8.

i already know im going to have to roll and pull the rear fender.
Old 02-05-15, 06:24 AM
Studiogeek
Lexus Champion

Received 15 Likes on 11 Posts
Question Re-Lipping Weds Kranze Cerberus. Fitment help needed. Will pay if necessary.

I just purchased a set of WEDS Kranze Cerberus.
18x8 +38 6" inner barrels
18x9 +33 6.5" inner barrels

I want to re-lip them as large as I can and fit my Sc300.
The front of the car has Vertex Aero 25mm fenders and the rear is rolled and shaved well. The roller said there was a little bit of Bondo in one well so I may not be able to pull the fender (maybe a little, ill check) without body work i'd rather not have to do..
I may put the 9" on the front "as is" for now and re-lip the 8" as large as I can to mount on the rear although i'd love to re-lip them both being as I have 25mm more clearance in the front now.
I talked to VR wheels and wheelflip and got two different answers with regard to resulting offsets.

VR said my choices and results would be:
5” lip (will be) 11" +2
4.5" lip (will be) 10.5” +8
4” lip (will be)10" +14

Wheelflip says if we swap front wheels and rear wheels, we have to swap high disk wheel face to the (now) front wheel resulting in:

5” lip (will be) 11" -6
4.5" lip (will be) 10.5” +0
4” lip (will be)10" +6

Is this accurate?

If I don't swap front to rear and just re-lip both sets, what sizes can I fit front and rear. Keep in mind, front has 25mm fenders and rear MAY NOT be able to be pulled any further. I don't want to rely on loads of tire chewing camber forever, maybe a little.

Thanks a lot in advance for your help.

If someone is a true expert and can guarantee results, I am willing to pay for your assistance. If you are close to NYC, even better!

Tony
Attached Thumbnails ****Official Wheel & Tire Fitment Guide for SC300/SC400****-weds.jpg   ****Official Wheel & Tire Fitment Guide for SC300/SC400****-image1.jpg   ****Official Wheel & Tire Fitment Guide for SC300/SC400****-img_7079.jpg   ****Official Wheel & Tire Fitment Guide for SC300/SC400****-img_7080.jpg  

Last edited by Studiogeek; 02-05-15 at 07:52 AM.
Old 02-05-15, 08:27 AM
CatManD3W
Pole Position

Received 25 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by Studiogeek

The front of the car has Vertex Aero 25mm fenders and the rear is rolled and shaved well. The roller said there was a little bit of Bondo in one well so I may not be able to pull the fender (maybe a little, ill check) without body work i'd rather not have to do..
I may put the 9" on the front "as is" for now and re-lip the 8" as large as I can to mount on the rear although i'd love to re-lip them both being as I have 25mm more clearance in the front now.
I talked to VR wheels and wheelflip and got two different answers with regard to resulting offsets.

5” lip (will be) 11" +2
4” lip (will be)10" +14

Wheelflip says if we swap front wheels and rear wheels, we have to swap high disk wheel face to the (now) front wheel resulting in:

5” lip (will be) 11" -6
4” lip (will be)10" +6

Is this accurate?

If I don't swap front to rear and just re-lip both sets, what sizes can I fit front and rear. Keep in mind, front has 25mm fenders and rear MAY NOT be able to be pulled any further. I don't want to rely on loads of tire chewing camber forever, maybe a little.

If someone is a true expert and can guarantee results, I am willing to pay for your assistance. If you are close to NYC, even better!

Tony
Did you test fit the wheels on the car.....that will ultimately determine to let you know how much wider you can go.....i.e what width and offset you can run

FYI 1/2 inch = about 15mm so that should help put in into perspective....
Old 02-05-15, 08:48 AM
Studiogeek
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by CatManD3W
Did you test fit the wheels on the car.....that will ultimately determine to let you know how much wider you can go.....i.e what width and offset you can run

FYI 1/2 inch = about 15mm so that should help put in into perspective....
Thanks for chiming in.
I have not test fit them as they are being shipped from Ca. right now. I still want to try and get the math right so I can order the lips. Is the test fitting them "as is" still helpful if the faces will be swapped and lips replaced? Hopefully someone has done something similar and can advise me on this.
The main questions are which set of offset figures are correct?, and what will I have to on an Sc to fit the three correct resulting offsets listed?
Old 02-05-15, 11:38 AM
jadu
live.love.laugh.lexus

Originally Posted by Sc400NL
Thanks alot Jadu
thats the push i needed to order my tires
you're welcome. definitely get those order so you can rock those new wheels. I don't think you can go wrong with any of those brands you mentioned.

Originally Posted by irondonkey
its a 19" wheel

19x11 +8.

i already know im going to have to roll and pull the rear fender.
255/45/R19, yes, definitely swap out those tires. Those are 10% taller than the stockies. It will make your life easier fitting those x11 +8 wheels
Old 02-05-15, 11:51 AM
jadu
live.love.laugh.lexus

5” lip (will be) 11" +2
4” lip (will be)10" +14

5” lip (will be) 11" -6
4” lip (will be)10" +6

Is this accurate?

Tony
My old wheels! Wheelflip is legit as I've dealt with em before and they have built Weds wheels dozens of times. I did not double check his calculations for new widths and offsets, but most likely they're right on. He is accurate in swapping the faces. If you didn't already know, Weds Faces come in three flavors, high, medium and low disc. High disc faces have the most room for BBK clearance. Low disc faces are usually reserved for the rears and yield the most lip. You usually want to reserve the higher disc face to the front and the lower disc face to the rears to give the most lip.
Old 02-05-15, 12:06 PM
Studiogeek
Lexus Champion

Question

My old wheels! Wheelflip is legit as I've dealt with em before and they have built Weds wheels dozens of times. I did not double check his calculations for new widths and offsets, but most likely they're right on. He is accurate in swapping the faces. If you didn't already know, Weds Faces come in three flavors, high, medium and low disc. High disc faces have the most room for BBK clearance. Low disc faces are usually reserved for the rears and yield the most lip. You usually want to reserve the higher disc face to the front and the lower disc face to the rears to give the most lip.
Jadu,
The high face will surely stay in front, thanks.
Any idea what would have to be done to make these possibilities fit in the rear?
5” lip (will be) 11" -6
4” lip (will be)10" +6

That's my main concern now. What would you do?

Can the 11" -6 even fit?
Thanks Man,

SG
Old 02-05-15, 03:42 PM
Blkexcoupe
Lead Lap

Received 549 Likes on 369 Posts

5” lip (will be) 11" +2
4” lip (will be)10" +14

VR assumes you'll be using the front 8" mid disk face with the front 6" inner barrel + the lip of your choice, so this only requires taking apart 1 pair of wheels.

5” lip (will be) 11" -6
4” lip (will be)10" +6

Wheel flip assumes you'll use the rear 9" high disk face with the 6" inner barrel from the front 8" wheel + the lip of your choice, so this requires splitting all 4 wheels.

Is this accurate?

Tony
I did the math assuming your numbers are correct, and I think your rears, the 9" wheel, is a high disk face and your fronts, 8" wheels, are mid disk which is really weird.

The VR numbers and wheelflip numbers are about 1-2 mm different from the numbers I calculated, so they're both close. They just use different assumption (i put them in red above)

I don't know what your definition of perfect fitment is, but if these were my wheels I would go with the following:

18x9.5 + 14 = 6" inner, high disk face (from original rear wheel), 3.5" outer lip
18x10.5 +19 = 6.5" inner, medium disk face (from original front wheel), 4" outer lip
Old 02-05-15, 04:31 PM
Studiogeek
Lexus Champion

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by Blkexcoupe
I did the math assuming your numbers are correct, and I think your rears, the 9" wheel, is a high disk face and your fronts, 8" wheels, are mid disk which is really weird.

The VR numbers and wheelflip numbers are about 1-2 mm different from the numbers I calculated, so they're both close. They just use different assumption (i put them in red above)

I don't know what your definition of perfect fitment is, but if these were my wheels I would go with the following:

18x9.5 + 14 = 6" inner, high disk face (from original rear wheel), 3.5" outer lip
18x10.5 +19 = 6.5" inner, medium disk face (from original front wheel), 4" outer lip
Blkexcoupe,
You are closing in on what I need to know. Thank you for that.
I totally could have mis communicated something if I left you with the impression that the rear was high disk. As far as I know, the 8" is high disk and the 9" is mid or low disk. If this is the case, would I still get your calculated offsets if i went with 9.5 and 10.5 as you outlined above. If I would, this is great news for me because +14 and +19 will be MUCH easier to fit on my car than the other offset numbers. They were scaring me. What you propose sounds perfect for me.

Last edited by Studiogeek; 02-05-15 at 04:35 PM.
Old 02-05-15, 05:45 PM
Blkexcoupe
Lead Lap

Blkexcoupe,
You are closing in on what I need to know. Thank you for that.
I totally could have mis communicated something if I left you with the impression that the rear was high disk. As far as I know, the 8" is high disk and the 9" is mid or low disk. If this is the case, would I still get your calculated offsets if i went with 9.5 and 10.5 as you outlined above. If I would, this is great news for me because +14 and +19 will be MUCH easier to fit on my car than the other offset numbers. They were scaring me. What you propose sounds perfect for me.
It wasn't a miss communication. I was saying based on the math calculations I did, I found that the rear face is taller than the front face, so the rear is high disk, and the front is mid disk.

If you were to just relip, and not swap the faces the offsets will just flip.

18x9.5 + 19 = 6" inner, front 8" face, 3.5" new lip
18x10.5 +14 = 6.5" inner, rear 9" face, 4" new lip
Old 02-05-15, 06:32 PM
Studiogeek
Lexus Champion

Question

Originally Posted by Blkexcoupe
It wasn't a miss communication. I was saying based on the math calculations I did, I found that the rear face is taller than the front face, so the rear is high disk, and the front is mid disk.

If you were to just relip, and not swap the faces the offsets will just flip.

18x9.5 + 19 = 6" inner, front 8" face, 3.5" new lip
18x10.5 +14 = 6.5" inner, rear 9" face, 4" new lip
OK,
I think I am getting this. I want to do this right. I will split all four wheels, put the high disk up front and the mid disk in the rear. I will go for 9.5 and 10.5.

That will give me this right:

I'm going to go for it!

One last question, would the Vertex 25mm fenders on the front allow for a bit more front wheel size or should I stay with 9.5 anyway? I don't want to crack those fenders with the wheels.

Seriously, thank you so much man.
I have been loosing sleep over this LOL

SG
Old 02-05-15, 10:36 PM
Blkexcoupe
Lead Lap

OK,
I think I am getting this. I want to do this right. I will split all four wheels, put the high disk up front and the mid disk in the rear. I will go for 9.5 and 10.5.

That will give me this right:

I'm going to go for it!

One last question, would the Vertex 25mm fenders on the front allow for a bit more front wheel size or should I stay with 9.5 anyway? I don't want to crack those fenders with the wheels.

Seriously, thank you so much man.
I have been loosing sleep over this LOL

SG
I think you should be able to run a wider wheel in the front. The next size up would be a 18x10 + 8 = 6" inner, high disk face (from original rear wheel), 4" outer lip

This is a 9.5 +24 on a stock fender, so a 18x9.5 +14 would extend 10 mm more or a 18x10 +8 would extend 22mm from where the meister sits which is still less than the 25mm from the vertex fenders, but maybe someone else can better advise you on fitment. I just know how to the math calculations.

Also all these numbers are based on the fact that the specs you posted were accurate. I would double check once you have the wheels in your possession.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: ****Official Wheel & Tire Fitment Guide for SC300/SC400****