SC- 1st Gen (1992-2000)

TRAC/CHECK engine light problem

Old 06-11-07, 09:10 AM
sliva001
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default TRAC/CHECK engine light problem

Ok, Both of my trac and engine light is on during cold start after driving it around it gradually goes away. The check engine flickers and goes out and the trac light will turn off too. I tried to check the code, but there is no code because the check engine light wont blink. Is anybody else having this issue? My best guess is a connection issue. I tried wiggling the TRAC relays by the brake booster but it still does the same thing. Any ideas where else I could check for connections?

And one more thing, are sc400 equipped with active braking system? When I go fast on a bend and the wheel starts to slide, the brake light comes on and it seems that its applying the brakes.
Thanks
Old 06-11-07, 09:32 AM
mkorsu
Zombie Slayer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I think your issue is engine related and not TRAC related. In most cases, the TRAC light comes on with a CEL automatically. Solve the CEL anyou should no longer have the TRAC as well.

No, the SC's do not have active braking. (at least not in '93)
Old 06-11-07, 10:49 AM
strongsail
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by sliva001
And one more thing, are sc400 equipped with active braking system? When I go fast on a bend and the wheel starts to slide, the brake light comes on and it seems that its applying the brakes.
Thanks
That's your TRAC doing its job. It damps the throttle and uses the ABS pump to apply the brake to the one wheel that is turning faster than the others. So, even though your Trac light is coming on, you know the system is working! If you jump on the throttle while making a turn, the rear tire on the inside of the turn will unload and start to spin, and the TRAC will give you a loss of power and a buzz at the spinning wheel as the ABS pump pulses that brake. You can turn TRAC off if wheelspin is intentional, but be careful when the streets are wet

If the check engine light goes away when the car warms up, check the level in your coolant overflow bottle. If it's low, you will get a light, and as the engine warms up and the coolant expands, enough coolant may flow into the bottle to reach the sensor and turn off the light. Be sure the coolant level is between the low and full marks on the bottle when the engine is cold.
Old 06-11-07, 11:06 AM
sliva001
Lead Lap

the trac and engine light comes on and goes away at the same time, and my coolant at the right level.
Old 06-11-07, 10:23 PM
izigsc300
Driver School Candidate

Default trac and engine light

Originally Posted by sliva001
Ok, Both of my trac and engine light is on during cold start after driving it around it gradually goes away. The check engine flickers and goes out and the trac light will turn off too. I tried to check the code, but there is no code because the check engine light wont blink. Is anybody else having this issue? My best guess is a connection issue. I tried wiggling the TRAC relays by the brake booster but it still does the same thing. Any ideas where else I could check for connections?

Thanks
your trac light come on with your engine light, you may need a oxy sensor, usually that will stop that. the reason for your brake light is from turning too hard your fluid is moving too far to the either left or right, and the lower your brake pads are, the longer your brake light will stay on.